News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

126 Birmingham to Wolverhampton

Started by davey, March 31, 2012, 08:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

only thing good about a spectra was the horn a poor attempt of trying to reinvent a metrobus as the chassis and some of the running gear were the design of mcw until mcws demise

Abluhwleh

Has the route taken by the 126 inside Birmingham City Centre changed? I ask because tonight there were a lot of confused passengers when the bus I was on turned around onto Hill Street and left the City Centre instead of continuing to Upper Dean Street as advertised. I admit it's not a route I use often so I wouldn't know, but the amount of passengers complaining means I'm not the only one confused by this.

Marc

SMK

We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Abluhwleh

Possibly, mine arrived in the City Centre at 21:03 and the diversion isn't until after 22:00 which might explain the mass confusion that ensued...

Typhoon2000

As of today....... (Grrrr!! - See my post)

126 will follow the same route as before but may get diverted slightly to Smallbrook Queens way then up Hill Street, then taking a right and right again heading to Upper Dean Street Markets.

127,128,129, won't. They share a bus stop with 9, 120, 141, and 140. All 7 of them.
People - The life blood of a city.
Public transport - the veins it flows by.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Typhoon2000 on April 28, 2013, 02:41:41 AM
As of today....... (Grrrr!! - See my post)

126 will follow the same route as before but may get diverted slightly to Smallbrook Queens way then up Hill Street, then taking a right and right again heading to Upper Dean Street Markets.

127,128,129, won't. They share a bus stop with 9, 120, 141, and 140. All 7 of them.

They are not all sharing the same stop. The 120, 127/8/9 will use the stop currently used by 98/99. Then the 83/89 will move down to the stop sharing with 9, 140. 141. There is plenty of room at the 9 stop to accomodate 4 buses together and 4 of the 5 routes only operate every 30 minutes and the frequency of 14/141 and 83/89 are 15 minutes apart.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

The 80, in fact, was started by Stephensons of Uttoxter when they ran 100 buses on local services, nearly all of which were duplicates of TWM routes. TWM kept the 80 on as it had introduced a Dudley Road to West Bromwich link. I think the only other Stephensons route TWM kept was 238 West Brom to Merry Hill - I don't know what happened to that.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on April 28, 2013, 09:29:38 AM
The 80, in fact, was started by Stephensons of Uttoxter when they ran 100 buses on local services, nearly all of which were duplicates of TWM routes. TWM kept the 80 on as it had introduced a Dudley Road to West Bromwich link. I think the only other Stephensons route TWM kept was 238 West Brom to Merry Hill - I don't know what happened to that.

238 is now the 289

winston

Wasn't the NXWM 80 number the 81 under Stevensons?

fleetline6477

I'm pretty sure that Stevensons also started
74A Dudley - Great Bridge - Greets Green - West Bromwich now operated by Central.
688 West Bromwich - Oldbury - Oakham - Dudley which in now 121 was started by Stevensons.

Not sure if these were originally tendered or commercial.

domino.99

Has anyone seen the new terminus blinds on the 126 instead of having
126 birmingham via roseville,dudley     via bearwood

you now have

126 birmingham       via roseville, dudley         via bearwood       via causeway green    via hagley road      markets

Just to say i don't like it. opinions?

JoNi

Noticed Real Time Information in Wolverhampton Bus Station said 126s went to Digbeth

domino.99

Yeah thats the location of the markets

lynx1103

Quote from: Stu on April 02, 2012, 07:17:34 PM
Quote from: Roy on April 02, 2012, 04:25:29 PM
Talking about through bus services between Birmingham and Wolverhampton, how many people remember the 258?  It was introduced when Harts Hill garage was closed in about 1993 and ran via Bearwood, Blackheath, Merry Hill, Kingswinford, Swindon and Wombourne.  It was a half hourly service using Metrobuses, and replaced service 566 at the Wolverhampton end.  I can't remember which garage was operated it - it could have been jointly operated by Hockley and Wolverhampton. 

It lasted until 1996 when it was split at Merry Hill, with the 258 operating to Birmingham and the new 260 operating to Wolverhampton using brand-new route branded B10B's (I think 1378-1381).

I remember the old 258! I think it was operated by Wolverhampton garage, and it was a monster of a route! I recall catching it from Wolverhampton one day when I was bored, took about an hour to get to Merry Hill then another hour and a half to get to Birmingham!

When the 258 first invented in 1993 it was operated by Wolverhampton .
By 1995 Hockley Garage took over the service. I remember once in 1995
I saw Timesaver 2918 on it. So I took a ride in it all the way to Birmingham.
Great route quiet loads of countryside nice views. In 1996 the route was split at
Merry Hill.
By October 2000 due to driver shortage at Hockley the route passed to Wolverhampton.
The relief was in Merry Hill so I guess it could take 1-1 hour 30 mins in Travelling Time.
Metrobuses 2692 2831 3042 3052 3089 3090 3122 passed to Wolverhampton with the Service.

By May 2002 the 258 passed to Pensnett using EX Acocks Green Volvo B10B 1371-1377
Brought in for the service.

Not sure when it was withdrawn around 2010 and don't know what routes have
Replaced it. Anyone?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk