News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Last day of the Mercedes

Started by horsencart, January 10, 2015, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

How about a Sunday arrangement using a circuit of routes from Wolverhampton to Walsall to Halesowen to Stourbridge to Merry Hill to Woverhampton, but allocating Spectra; B10L; President; Mercedes; B6LE - the whole lot in one go.

Ooo reminiscent of the tour run for the last day of Birmingham Standards and ex Midland Red D9s, which I travelled on.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

CL

Quote from: Ashley on January 12, 2015, 11:00:41 AM
B6LE - could be from CV, WA, WB, PE or WN
Mercs - Harbournes, CV20, PB94/66 and also maybe a 68 , BY8 (if we must)
B10L - PB33, WA301, YW50, BC97, any CV route, Harbournes
Spectra - YW50
President - AG37, BC9, WA51, Sutton Lines, YW6

Just a few suggestions

Technically the Spectras were new to BC - and even though BC run a few 50s, the buses were later moved onto the Harborne/Pershore/Bristol Road services... Would be nice to see them on an old '103' service - going back round the markets. Just wishful thinking... :P

Also, it'd be nice for one of each bus 'type' to be preserved. Most definitely 4001 or 4002 from the Spectras - and another wishful thought - if the buses were to be preserved and 'reverted' back into their Travel West Midlands livery & branding (if necessary)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley

Quote from: clayderman on January 12, 2015, 10:10:52 PM
Quote from: Ashley on January 12, 2015, 11:00:41 AM
B6LE - could be from CV, WA, WB, PE or WN
Mercs - Harbournes, CV20, PB94/66 and also maybe a 68 , BY8 (if we must)
B10L - PB33, WA301, YW50, BC97, any CV route, Harbournes
Spectra - YW50
President - AG37, BC9, WA51, Sutton Lines, YW6

Just a few suggestions

Technically the Spectras were new to BC - and even though BC run a few 50s, the buses were later moved onto the Harborne/Pershore/Bristol Road services... Would be nice to see them on an old '103' service - going back round the markets. Just wishful thinking... :P

Also, it'd be nice for one of each bus 'type' to be preserved. Most definitely 4001 or 4002 from the Spectras - and another wishful thought - if the buses were to be preserved and 'reverted' back into their Travel West Midlands livery & branding (if necessary)

I know the history, clearly just a lapse of concentration when I wrote it

don

Sorry I'm not with the reason they all need to revert to original routes? Surely running them for enthusiasts based on their final allocations would be just as valid but far easier operationally for NXWM as they wouldn't need to move loads of buses around? Just a thought!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

the trainbasher

Quote from: don on January 12, 2015, 11:19:50 PM
Sorry I'm not with the reason they all need to revert to original routes? Surely running them for enthusiasts based on their final allocations would be just as valid but far easier operationally for NXWM as they wouldn't need to move loads of buses around? Just a thought!

Unless @don, something was arranged similar to http://jb-tours.blogspot.co.uk/p/moxons-2015-olympian-running-day.html ?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 13, 2015, 12:08:59 AM

Unless @don, something was arranged similar to http://jb-tours.blogspot.co.uk/p/moxons-2015-olympian-running-day.html ?

hmmm. I have just had an email from an NXWM manager asking if I thought a Mercedes final day tour would be a good idea and if it would be worth doing!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2015, 07:32:24 PM

hmmm. I have just had an email from an NXWM manager asking if I thought a Mercedes final day tour would be a good idea and if it would be worth doing!
Yes! Those things were priceless.

P419 EJW

That sounds fantastic, I say yes!

I hope they will do the same with B6 and B10L final day(s).

trident4370

karl724223

just set fire to the bloody things let wmfs train on them

the trainbasher

@karl724223 I thought that honour should go  to the tridents nowadays ;-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

monkeyjoe

The Mercs were really a step up when they appeared on the 94 taking me first Job. Wow 94 even had branding in those days. Seem to have last well also. I'll miss them.

4130Quinton

[/quote]
Yes! Those things were priceless.
[/quote]

I will be booking my travel and hotel for definite! They deserve a proper send off.

Trident 4194

I really don't like the Mercs, but would like a day for b6,b10s and spectras

Stevo

They were really, really rare and I'd like a last ride.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk