News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 07:16:41 PM
@2206 @Bryan - If they were travelling half way around the circle then it would take them the same amount of time to make both their outward and their return journeys by using the route 11C service. Also i do not see what is wrong with passengers looking at the legal lettering. Also @Bryan if you do not like my comments you do not have to read or respond to them. I am just stating my views and opinions which i am entitled to do just like all other forum members are. As far as i am aware i have not broken any of the forum rules and regulations.

A simple final question, how many passengers would know how to look for the legal lettering on a bus, or would even be aware it existed?

Also, how many would travel would travel even around half away the route?

Bob

Most companies do online timetables?  My point being if your in cannock or at the bus stops along the route  and you see the Arriva 74 timetable you'd probably go with that and only get the social one if it came along.  Who's gonna think oh no ill check when the other operator runs and mess about searching online for a timetable?  It's a basic thing to expect a timetable to be at at least the bus station surely. A lot of the people who complained about no buses to Eaton on the hill were elderly, are they expected to whip out their I phones to check when their bus comes?

There have been occasions where Social have only managed to have one bus on there leading to a two hour frequency.  Not many granted but it has happened allegedly going from previous comments on here.

If I was putting all my eggs in one basket, to  coin a phrase,  I'd be promoting it to death, especially up against a big company.  Although arriva must be losing money running almost empty deckers on the 74 daily to a frequency that just isn't required.  They've managed to really annoy Penkridge passengers who relied on the hospital/uni  section of the 75 to get to hospital /work/study by their nuts decision to run empty 74s and terminate the 75 at gaol square

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 07:16:41 PM
@2206 @Bryan - If they were travelling half way around the circle then it would take them the same amount of time to make both their outward and their return journeys by using the route 11C service. Also i do not see what is wrong with passengers looking at the legal lettering. Also @Bryan if you do not like my comments you do not have to read or respond to them. I am just stating my views and opinions which i am entitled to do just like all other forum members are. As far as i am aware i have not broken any of the forum rules and regulations.

You really haven't got a clue about West Midlands operations or what the general public see as quality have you
If these persistant same comments continue I will have no alternative than to suspend your access

Busman Jamie

Non enthusiats may want legals if they wanted to write a letter to the company if no phone numbers are available, remember they are small independants and may not have a customer service number where the bigger companies lije Natex or Arriva will also when they first started they had timetables available on the bus and had 1 in the bus shelter but as mentioned elsewhere on here they were removed like other operators info was

Westy

Re Legal lettering , fleetnames & what have you.

Surely this information needs to be available to the average punter as a matter of course.

What if there's an accident?

You need to know who operates what bus.

It ain't rocket science!

(Will have to come up to Cannock soon, to see what all the fuss is about with Social & Arriva on the 74!)

Busman Jamie

I agree but surely if the bus has legals (which i believe is a legal requirement) then the operators name will be there... i certainly wish Social luck with their new 74 service

countryliner

@2206 - Some passengers will not mind going around the 11C for their return journey. Also some passengers might be going half way around the route as many people make all different journeys on the 11C route.

@Bryan - I am sure that many people will notice or be aware of the legal lettering on the bus. It is not hard to find especially as it is located near the doors when you are boarding or alighting the bus.

@Bob - Yes i do see what you mean. But i am sure that the regular passengers will know the bus times and many people may print off a copy of the bus timetable to keep with them. Also no bus operators are going to be able to operate all of their bus journeys all of the time. There is always going to be times when vehicles break down or are not available to use. This happens with the larger operators as well. From what i have seen though Social Travel always seem to run their services well and run it on time.

@Tony - I do not see why you have a problem with my posts. I am just simply stating my views and opinions. I am not trying to argue or be rude to anyone. I am just simply discussing things politely. Nobody on this forum is going to agree with everyone all of the time and i have my own views and opinions just like other members do as well. As far as i am aware i have not broken any of the forum rules and regulations but if i have please let me know. Also if there is a problem with my posts please tell me what it is and what you would like me to post and not to post in my forum postings in the future. Thank you.

@Westy - If a passenger wants or needs to know who is operating the bus they can just simply read the legal lettering on the side of the bus. Also they could ask the driver what company is operating the bus or the name of the bus operator might be printed on their bus ticket. Yes i would definetly recommend visiting the Cannock and Stafford areas to have a look at and take a ride on the new Social Travel route 74 / 74A / S74 bus services. It is certainly interesting for bus enthusiasts and Social Travel have a very nice and interesting bus fleet.

@Busman Jamie - Yes i agree with you. The legal lettering can be very useful for bus passengers especially as it contains details such as the name and address of the bus operator.

I would like to wish Social Travel good luck with their new route 74 / 74A / S74 bus services which start today. I hope that it goes really well. I can see these services becoming popular and it is fantastic that Social Travel are starting these new bus routes.

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 04:05:54 AM
@2206 - Some passengers will not mind going around the 11C for their return journey. Also some passengers might be going half way around the route as many people make all different journeys on the 11C route.
If you are going to go half way round its quicker to get a bus into the city centre and a bus out.
Most passengers don't go half way round.

I don't think anyone would get on it for about 2 hours to make the nreturn journey. When if they used the NX 11A to make the return journey it would only take about 20 minutes.
If you think anyones going to sit on it for 2 hours when they could use the 11A, you obviously haven't used the 11 before.
@countryliner
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - Yes i do see what you mean. However personally i would be happy to ride around the Social Travel 11C for both my outward and return journeys (and i have done so in the past). I am sure that some other passengers would be happy to do this because of the advantages of the Social Travel route 11C service.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 06:11:38 PM
@2206 - Yes i do see what you mean. However personally i would be happy to ride around the Social Travel 11C for both my outward and return journeys (and i have done so in the past). I am sure that some other passengers would be happy to do this because of the advantages of the Social Travel route 11C service.

Lol

countryliner

@MW - Everyone has there own opinions and preferences. I much prefer travelling on the local small independent bus operators such as Social Travel rather then travelling on National Express because of the many advantages.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 06:11:38 PM

No they wouldn't. Now I hope you can see what I mean by you not knowing the West Midlands. The 11 is the most unpredictable route in Birmingham. This is not a slant on Social Travel, but no-on in their right mind would wait for an operator running an hourly service when the bus could be anything up to about 40 minutes late (again not knocking Social, NXWM buses on the route regularly get up to 40 min late as well) to make a journey that added to their journey to their destination would mean sitting on a bus for 150 minutes.

Very few passengers on the 11 make long journies anyway because it is normally quicker to go across City, so the thought of one of those very few people actually then deliberately waiting for a bus that might not even appear, letting buses of another operator go past them when they could get a bus on the other side of the road to their destination quicker, or go across city and get there quicker still is just fantasy.

I'm sure Steve will confirm that while it is possible some people would wait for a Social Travel bus, nobody other than a nut job would actually the carry on around to get home

MW

Quote from: Tony on January 11, 2016, 06:19:51 PM
No they wouldn't. Now I hope you can see what I mean by you not knowing the West Midlands. The 11 is the most unpredictable route in Birmingham. This is not a slant on Social Travel, but no-on in their right mind would wait for an operator running an hourly service when the bus could be anything up to about 40 minutes late (again not knocking Social, NXWM buses on the route regularly get up to 40 min late as well) to make a journey that added to their journey to their destination would mean sitting on a bus for 150 minutes.

Very few passengers on the 11 make long journies anyway because it is normally quicker to go across City, so the thought of one of those very few people actually then deliberately waiting for a bus that might not even appear, letting buses of another operator go past them when they could get a bus on the other side of the road to their destination quicker, or go across city and get there quicker still is just fantasy.

I'm sure Steve will confirm that while it is possible some people would wait for a Social Travel bus, nobody other than a nut job would actually the carry on around to get home

I think I can vouch for the authenticity of Tony's comment here. Countryliner, you're hilarious. One might say, a hilarious fool, but one doesn't want to get banned from here.

countryliner

@Tony - Yes i do indeed see your point. Whilst i do not live in the West Midlands i do visit the area very regularly and i know the area and the public transport systems very well. However what i was trying to say is that i am sure that there are a few other people other than myself who will use the Social Travel route 11C service for both their outward and return journeys. Also it might possibly be quicker for passengers who are travelling half way around the circle to use the 11C as Birmingham city centre can get quite congested with traffic and therefore delay their bus journey.

@MW - All that i am doing is stating my views and opinions and discussing various things just like all other forum members do. I do not see what is wrong with me doing that. Everyone on this forum is fully entitled to have their own views and opinions.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 06:31:41 PM
@Tony - Yes i do indeed see your point. Whilst i do not live in the West Midlands i do visit the area very regularly and i know the area and the public transport systems very well. However what i was trying to say is that i am sure that there are a few other people other than myself who will use the Social Travel route 11C service for both their outward and return journeys. Also it might possibly be quicker for passengers who are travelling half way around the circle to use the 11C as Birmingham city centre can get quite congested with traffic and therefore delay their bus journey.

@MW - All that i am doing is stating my views and opinions and discussing various things just like all other forum members do. I do not see what is wrong with me doing that. Everyone on this forum is fully entitled to have their own views and opinions.

Tony responded to your point and you've basically just repeated yourself to him.

Also, you're right, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views. And so am I. You're hilarious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk