News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Busman Jamie - Yes it will certainly be interesting to see how the Social Travel route 74 / 74A / S74 bus service are doing. It is indeed probably to early to say yet but i do hope that they are doing well. Hopefully more and more people will start to use the service.

Bob

The 74 routes situation can't be sustained indefinitely surely something has got to give?

Busman Jamie

i wish them the best of luck

LG

Quote from: Bob on January 12, 2016, 05:57:03 PM
The 74 routes situation can't be sustained indefinitely surely something has got to give?

There are too many buses now on route 74, Arriva are much better placed to cope with not carrying many passengers.

Not sure about social travel I cant see it being viable in the long term  by them calling in the dog in tree and walton on the hill will defer some passengers who are able to get a direct bus and the very few people in walton cant sustain a long term investment

countryliner

@Bob @Busman Jamie @LG - It will be certainly be interesting to see what happens with the new Social Travel route 74 / 74A / S74 services. I think that it is great that they are trying these new routes. I can see these services becoming successful and i would also like to wish Social Travel the best of luck.

LG

Quote from: countryliner on January 12, 2016, 06:49:42 PM
@Bob @Busman Jamie @LG - It will be certainly be interesting to see what happens with the new Social Travel route 74 / 74A / S74 services. I think that it is great that they are trying these new routes. I can see these services becoming successful and i would also like to wish Social Travel the best of luck.

They are not new routes though.  They are routes which are currently operated by Arriva or have been in the past

countryliner

@LG - Thanks for the info. Yes i realise that the 74 is an exisiting route that is operated by Arriva as well but i believe that the 74A and S74 are new routes (or have Arriva operated these in the past as well).

Busman Jamie

74A was done by Arriva before (short lived though!!) S74 i think is new

countryliner

@Busman Jamie - Thanks for the info. Do you know when Arriva started and stopped operated the route 74A service.

Busman Jamie

bout 2 or 3 years back

countryliner

Bob

Arriva 74A was a different route and completely unrelated  to socials. It terminated  in town centre & went a different route in town to the 74.

Steveminor

Yes that's correct bob the 74A of arrivas was basically a short working of the 74 to provide a 30 min frequency between stafford town centre and cannock. It didn't call in at the dog estate or walton on the hill

countryliner

@Steveminor @Bob - Thanks for the info. That is interesting to hear. Also just out of interest can i ask what made Social Travel choose the "S74" number instead of something like "74B" for this service.

Steveminor

Arriva were using the 74b at the time & since its a shopper service for Brocton s for shopper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk