News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Y371 FJN was on the 11C today. It was in Acocks Green today, just after 08:50.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 01:24:40 PM
@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see what happens with KV03 ZFR - hopefully it can get repaired - i am not sure how bad that the damage is. Also have S301 SHB and S309 SHB been converted to DDA compliant yet so that they can continue in service or have they now been withdrawn.
I don't think 301 has been in service for about a month now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - Thanks for the info. Do you know if Y338 FJN has entered service yet or is it just Y371 FJN that has entered service so far. Also will S301 SHB and S309 SHB get converted to DDA compliant or have these vehicles been withdrawn.

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 07:21:22 PM
@2206 - Thanks for the info. Do you know if Y338 FJN has entered service yet or is it just Y371 FJN that has entered service so far.
No idea.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

countryliner

@2206 - Ok. No worries. Thanks anyway.

Steveminor

No they are both withdrawn permanently.

countryliner

countryliner

If anyone on this forum does not know already tomorrow (Monday 11/1/2016) will be the first day of the new Social Travel routes 74 / 74A / S74 bus services (the 74 already operates but the 74A and S74 are new services).

The timetable for the Social Travel routes 74 / 74A / S74 bus services is available here.

http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=twm&line=04074&sup=C&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA04_6162757&lineVer=1&itdLPxx_spTr=1&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=SOC

I would like to wish Social Travel the best of luck with their new route 74 / 74A / S74 bus services. I hope that they become successful and popular bus services.

Solo1

I would of thought social travel would of ran in front of arriva or made it a 15 mins service

Bob

There's not even a timetable for the existing 74 at Cannock bus station  let alone the new one!  How are people supposed to even know about it. Running a service hoping passengers get on ad hoc can't be a good thing surely? Also why not promote yourselves a bit instead of running completely anonymous buses?

Bryan

Quote from: Bob on January 10, 2016, 09:46:23 AM
...... Also why not promote yourselves a bit instead of running completely anonymous buses?

As someone else has said, the business is not out to provide a public service but just make money. Social Travels time operating the 11C Outer Circle proved this, as it was impossible to get a return journey.

I certainly wouldn't travel on a vehicle if I couldn't see a company name.

Solo1

Quote from: Bryan on January 10, 2016, 12:54:46 PM
As someone else has said, the business is not out to provide a public service but just make money. Social Travels time operating the 11C Outer Circle proved this, as it was impossible to get a return journey.

there are some firms without fleet names & some of them half the fleet has the fleet names

LG

I will be interested to see how long Social Travel manage to run to this time table as they cant always run to the one they have at the minute

Ashley 60171

Why all this negativity?

Quote from: Bob on January 10, 2016, 09:46:23 AM
There's not even a timetable for the existing 74 at Cannock bus station  let alone the new one!  How are people supposed to even know about it. Running a service hoping passengers get on ad hoc can't be a good thing surely? Also why not promote yourselves a bit instead of running completely anonymous buses?

Quote from: Bryan on January 10, 2016, 12:54:46 PM

Quote from: LG on January 10, 2016, 04:07:40 PM
I will be interested to see how long Social Travel manage to run to this time table as they cant always run to the one they have at the minute

Surely testing the waters is part of any business growth. The omission of a fleet name is as soft as the change giving fiasco surely. I'm not naive, but it seems every operator gets flack on here deserved or undeserved. I haven't had an issue with Social so good luck to Steve and his team with their enhanced 74 service.

Busman Jamie

but any operator can struggle to keep to times, it could be traffic, road works etc it wouldnt just be 1 operator that fails to keep to time

as for no fleet names?
look at wardles how many arriva liveried buses were there but no name or going back a few years, choice purchased M456EDH in plain white and N472EHA in Arriva liverey and ran them like that before paint so IMO saying you wouldnt catch a bus because it has no company name is abit of a silly statement but hey each to their own, everyones entitled to an opinion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk