News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Ashley 60171 @Busman Jamie - Yes i completely agree with both of you. There is definetly no need for people to be negative about the new services especially when they have not even started yet.

@Bryan - I do not see what the problem of not having fleet names on the bus is. You can not judge a bus operator from whether they have fleet names or not on their buses. I can think of over twenty bus operators in the UK off the top of my head that do not put fleet names on their buses. There are many good bus operators that do not have fleet names on their buses while there are also many poor bus operators that do have fleet names on their buses. Also you have to remember that the majority of non enthusiast bus passengers will not be mind what livery that the vehicles are in or whether or not they have fleet names. Most passengers will be more interested in getting to their destination and getting good value cheap bus fares.

@LG - I have always seen Social Travel running to their timetable. No bus operator is going to be able to run exactly to their timetables all of the time. But from what i have seen Social Travel seem to do a good job of running to their timetables.

@Bob - The timetables are available online for passengers to view.

@Solo1 - The Social Travel 74 / 74A / S74 will offer a combined frequency of every half hour.

I think that these services could become quite popular and successful. Also these additional services have not even started yet so i think that we should give Social Travel time and see how it goes before judging the service. I think that it is very good that Social Travel are trying out new bus services.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 05:40:02 PM
@Bryan - I do not see what the problem of not having fleet names on the bus is. You can not judge a bus operator from whether they have fleet names or not on their buses. I can think of over twenty bus operators in the UK off the top of my head that do not put fleet names on their buses. There are many good bus operators that do not have fleet names on their buses while there are also many poor bus operators that do have fleet names on their buses. Also you have to remember that the majority of non enthusiast bus passengers will not be mind what livery that the vehicles are in or whether or not they have fleet names. Most passengers will be more interested in getting to their destination and getting good value cheap bus fares.

...But you can judge a bus operator from whether they give change or not on their buses!

Busman Jamie

countryliner

@NXWM Spectra @Busman Jamie - Personally in my opinion i do not think that having a livery or having fleet names is going to benefit passengers where as giving change on all buses would definetly benefit passengers. Also personally in my opinion i do not think that not having a livery or fleet names is bad customer service where as not giving change is definetly very bad customer service.

Busman Jamie

ti wouldnt of said not giving change is bad customer service, however giving change proberbly is more favorable to passengers but then i guess operstors have their own reasons why they prefer the vaults on buses

countryliner

@Busman Jamie - Yes i do see what you mean. Giving change is definetly better and more convienient and useful for passengers though.

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 05:40:02 PM

I'm sorry but I need here to go again to explain basic details to countryliner:

A bus company needs to engage customer loyalty. Passengers need to know which company they can relay on to get to and from their destination. Could they rely on the Social Travel 11C Outer Circle, answer NO as no return journey was available.

Social Travel has not proved such a commitment yet and, if my opinion they were keen to do so, they would give a positive image with livery, fleetnames and service information.

Busman Jamie

They have a liverey? Only the solo to my knowledge that doesnt wear thr liverey

Solo1

social Travel have  a livery & never know  they may have timetables  on the buses on Monday or at least on window have a timetable to view . Do they still do the timetable books for Staffordshire areas

Solo1

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 10, 2016, 06:39:04 PM
They have a liverey? Only the solo to my knowledge that doesnt wear thr liverey
the solo is a loan bus while the dart is off the road road

countryliner

@Bryan - As i said earlier i do not think that most non enthusuast bus passengers will mind if the bus has a livery or fleet names. They will care much more about gerting to their destination and getting good value cheap fares. If a passenger for any reason wants to know who is operating the bus service they can always look at the legal lettering before they board the bus. Also Social Travel do have a very smart nice livery applied to their buses. With the 11C passengers could still make their return journey by continuing around the circular route on the route 11C service. I think that Social Travel already give a very good and positive image to all of their customers.

@Busman Jamie @Solo1 - Yes they do indeed have a livery. Their Solo SR bus (KX64 AEO) has just not been repainted in to their livery because it is on loan to cover for KV03 ZFR which was involved in an accident. Also most bus operators (both large and small operators) do not paint buses that are on loan in to their livery.

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 06:48:51 PM
@Bryan - As i said earlier i do not think that most non enthusuast bus passengers will mind if the bus has a livery or fleet names. They will care much more about gerting to their destination and getting good value cheap fares. If a passenger for any reason wants to know who is operating the bus service they can always look at the legal lettering before they board the bus. Also Social Travel do have a very smart nice livery applied to their buses. With the 11C passengers could still make their return journey by continuing around the circular route on the route 11C service. I think that Social Travel already give a very good and positive image to all of their customers.
The 11C on average takes about 2 hours 20 minnutes. If somone caught the 11C for 20 minutes one way.
Who is going to sit on a bus for about two hours to make the return journey?
When they could make the retur journey by using the NX 11A for a shorter anount of time (20 minutes).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 06:48:51 PM

@Busman Jamie @Solo1 - Yes they do indeed have a livery. Their Solo SR bus (KX64 AEO) has just not been repainted in to their livery because it is on loan to cover for KV03 ZFR which was involved in an accident. Also most bus operators (both large and small operators) do not paint buses that are on loan in to their livery.

countryliner, I've  now read enough of your comments to submit a complaint to the group.

To get a return journey on the 11C Outer Circle, no one should have to travel on the full route of the journey.

As for passengers looking at the legal lettering before getting as to owns the bus with the legal lettering, I hate to say this but you are in cloud cuckoo land!

countryliner

@2206 @Bryan - If they were travelling half way around the circle then it would take them the same amount of time to make both their outward and their return journeys by using the route 11C service. Also i do not see what is wrong with passengers looking at the legal lettering. Also @Bryan if you do not like my comments you do not have to read or respond to them. I am just stating my views and opinions which i am entitled to do just like all other forum members are. As far as i am aware i have not broken any of the forum rules and regulations.

Quote from: countryliner on January 10, 2016, 07:16:41 PM
@2206 @Bryan - If they were travelling half way around the circle then it would take them the same amount of time to make both their outward and their return journeys by using the route 11C service. Also i do not see what is wrong with passengers looking at the legal lettering. Also @Bryan if you do not like my comments you do not have to read or respond to them. I am just stating my views and opinions which i am entitled to do just like all other forum members are. As far as i am aware i have not broken any of the forum rules and regulations.
Have you ever used the 11 before? Most people don't go half way round. If they needed to its probably quicker to go through the City Centre anyway.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk