News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifty50

What happened to the 08 reg scania deckers on trial?

winston

Quote from: nifty50 on March 18, 2014, 09:38:28 PM
What happened to the 08 reg scania deckers on trial?

I assume it was returned? there are none currently advertised for sale with Ensign or advertised for lease/sale with Santander. Not sure where they've gone?

trident4370

I was in Harborne at 11:15 (waiting unsuccessfully for a spectra again!) and saw both Green Bus 22s crossing each other, the ALX400 heading into town had a mere 1 person on board, I think the President heading to Merry Hill had a couple of people on who had boarded in Harborne. Is it safe to say that perhaps the Town Hall terminus is putting off potential Passengers?

vinh1000

Is a dart normal on TGB 50? ain't seen one on there in ages

Stuharris 6360

Travelled on 114 on the 1024 ex Merry Hill today, think it needs attention, taking 10 minutes between Lyde Green & Colley Gate and struggling up every other hill.

Other buses seen were 112,115,111,118!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 19, 2014, 04:32:21 PM
Travelled on 114 on the 1024 ex Merry Hill today, think it needs attention, taking 10 minutes between Lyde Green & Colley Gate and struggling up every other hill.

Other buses seen were 112,115,111,118!

114 is a VERY slow bus. Was that the bus Matt mentioned having work done at the Green Bus garage?

John

Quote from: vinh1000 on March 19, 2014, 09:41:42 AM

I think it occasionally appears on the 50 every now and again

Stuharris 6360

Was good to see healthier loadings on the 22 today, although the amount of people that got on for the £1 fare was quite high, wonder how many will continue to travel when the fare goes up?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ex BC driver

According to my dad the dart was involved in an RTC last week at the Town Hall, someone had come across and cut it up, the car driver trying to pull in to drop someone off. I'm sure it's marked out as Bus Stop or Bus Stand so the car shouldn't even be stopping there

Rob H

Quote from: Ex BC driver on March 19, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

According to my dad the dart was involved in an RTC last week at the Town Hall, someone had come across and cut it up, the car driver trying to pull in to drop someone off. I'm sure it's marked out as Bus Stop or Bus Stand so the car shouldn't even be stopping there

My local stop for the 900 to Cov (Coalway Avenue Stop) there is always cars parking in the designated area for the bus stop and if the driver sees a car pulling into the bus stop he sounds his horn and half the time they just ignore it and then the driver blocks them in. ;)

I'll leave it there don't want to overload the thread :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

OH25

502 the dart was on the 22 today

fleetline6477

Caught the 1401 from Town Hall today - the only passenger and we never stopped until Halesowen, arriving 5 minutes early. We caught a 22 up at War Lane and a 002 by Halesowen Cricket Club.

I was able to catch the 1444 out of Halesowen (10 minutes late). Several people got on / off and there were about 8 through passengers. We picked a few up Bartley Green / Jiggins Lane / Harborne arriving at the Town hall with 12 people on board 3 minutes late - all apart from me and an elderly couple baffled that the Town Hall was the end of route. 

Speaking to a couple of drivers they are convinced the terminus needs to be Colmore Row. The boss needs convincing to male any change.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 22, 2014, 07:24:33 PM
Caught the 1401 from Town Hall today - the only passenger and we never stopped until Halesowen, arriving 5 minutes early. We caught a 22 up at War Lane and a 002 by Halesowen Cricket Club.

I was able to catch the 1444 out of Halesowen (10 minutes late). Several people got on / off and there were about 8 through passengers. We picked a few up Bartley Green / Jiggins Lane / Harborne arriving at the Town hall with 12 people on board 3 minutes late - all apart from me and an elderly couple baffled that the Town Hall was the end of route. 

Speaking to a couple of drivers they are convinced the terminus needs to be Colmore Row. The boss needs convincing to male any change.

Myself, i can't see why the service can't terminate in Colmore Row, then run empty to The Town Hall, park up there until nearly departure time & then go back round to Colmore Circus to take up service.

As the service is only every 30 minutes, there will be no problem about which buses are used?

Solo1

D10

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 22, 2014, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on March 22, 2014, 07:24:33 PM

Myself, i can't see why the service can't terminate in Colmore Row, then run empty to The Town Hall, park up there until nearly departure time & then go back round to Colmore Circus to take up service.

As the service is only every 30 minutes, there will be no problem about which buses are used?

Correct, they don't need to worry about whether the vehicles on the 22 meet the City Centre requirements.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk