News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 24, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
3Q - 101, 111 & 113 on 50 today.

In other news, 117 finally returned from ADL Harlow last night.

Thanks Matt. I waited 40 minutes but nothing turned up.

It's a real shame as I thought the 50 routefor Greenbus had great potential, particularly when operating the £1 fare policy. Sadly I suspect 2015 will be a difficult year for Greenbus whilst it recovers from years of abysmal management

As I have already said 2015 is set to be the best year yet for Green Bus. It is a shame the company was unsuccessful in its bid for the Guernsey franchise (I believe simply due to another company having quoted a lower cost) but there will be plenty more opportunities for the company to shine in what it does best without the frivolous (pointless) distraction of local bus services. This week NO buses have been VOR other than those undergoing routine inspections.

I have read some very amusing comments on Facebook suggesting the company is "going bust", etc. Believe me, there is more chance of seeing Diamond "going bust" (not a throwaway comment at all). I am not going to quote any figures but you would all be amazed by how much money the company turns over - not only from the West Midlands, but from operations in Reading, Surrey and Liverpool. Bookings from Hockley are already very busy throughout Spring next year with some days fully booked out (i.e. every belted bus on a hire).

Also just a reminder that the following vehicles are for sale. Most are not currently roadworthy but would not need much work to make them so. Anyone seriously interested should contact the company and ask for the sales department. I think the asking price for the Volvos is particularly reasonable.

9 Tridents 108, 110, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 122
4 Volvos 380, 381, 904, 907
1 Dart 502
1 Lance 452 (a runner as far as I know)

Matt

I generally dont comment on other company posts, but as you have suggested there is more chance of Diamond going bust, can you please explain

Are you saying the GreenBus are stronger financially than Rotala PLC?

Simon

3Q

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 24, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

It's a real shame as I thought the 50 routefor Greenbus had great potential, particularly when operating the £1 fare policy. Sadly I suspect 2015 will be a difficult year for Greenbus whilst it recovers from years of abysmal management

As I have already said 2015 is set to be the best year yet for Green Bus. It is a shame the company was unsuccessful in its bid for the Guernsey franchise (I believe simply due to another company having quoted a lower cost) but there will be plenty more opportunities for the company to shine in what it does best without the frivolous (pointless) distraction of local bus services. This week NO buses have been VOR other than those undergoing routine inspections.

I have read some very amusing comments on Facebook suggesting the company is "going bust", etc. Believe me, there is more chance of seeing Diamond "going bust" (not a throwaway comment at all). I am not going to quote any figures but you would all be amazed by how much money the company turns over - not only from the West Midlands, but from operations in Reading, Surrey and Liverpool. Bookings from Hockley are already very busy throughout Spring next year with some days fully booked out (i.e. every belted bus on a hire).

Also just a reminder that the following vehicles are for sale. Most are not currently roadworthy but would not need much work to make them so. Anyone seriously interested should contact the company and ask for the sales department. I think the asking price for the Volvos is particularly reasonable.

1 Dart 502

Matt

I generally dont comment on other company posts, but as you have suggested there is more chance of Diamond going bust, can you please explain

Simon

Simon

I'm not an expert but the latest statutory financial accounts for The Green Bus would suggest they are insolvent with a negative net worth

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05456298/THE-GREEN-TRANSPORT-COMPANY-LIMITED

PM

1 Dart 502

I thought you said the vehicles weren't worth TGB putting back on the road? If they aren't worth TGB doing so, why anyone else given the plentiful supply of 04 plate ALX400 ex Stagecoach tridents which, incidentally, WERE allowed to operate on Commonwealth Games contracts! ;D

PM

Quote from: 3Q on December 24, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

1 Dart 502

Matt

Simon

Simon

I'm not an expert but the latest statutory financial accounts for The Green Bus would suggest they are insolvent with a negative net worth

Isn't there more than one OpCo for Green Bus?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 3Q on December 24, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

1 Dart 502

Matt

Simon

Simon

The last thing I want to do is infer they are insolvent.  There are solvency tests and I am sure the Directors are aware of these and implications should they trade when the business insolvent

However, to suggest that they are more financially secure than Rotala PLC, is amazing.  Rotala is AIM listed, has market forecasts and if we were going to be materially off those forecasts we would have to make a stock market announcement.

Anyone that follows our announcements knows we have millions in bank facilities for acquisitions and have loan note holders converting debt into equity

So, I am struggling with the inference in the comment and hence my response

Simon

Steveminor

I wouldn't pay much attention to that comment simon I think it's designed to take attention away from the fact TGB have failed miserably with their local bus service foray. Frequently failing to operate to schedules lodged for various insufficient reasons & failing to comply to sqp regulations.
The cancellation of the 50 is just a long line of cock ups.
Take nothing away from TGB when it comes to schools they are good, but with local services they are on a par with the failed Joes Travel.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

1 Dart 502

Matt

Simon

Simon

My personal opinion, based on a few things I have heard (which will not be posted on here) is that Diamond in the west midlands has reached its peak and in 5-10 years time will not be the force it is today. I cannot see that kind of decline happening to Green Bus.

That's my opinion, not anybody else's. I hope I turn out to be wrong as Diamond have a lot going for them. The regular drivers on the 002 are top class.

Matt

Matt

I have many things I could post.

Many people call me for surety on debts, and opinion so you can't imagine what I actually know about a lot of operators in the West Midlands.

I chose to look and focus my energy inwards and not worry about nothing

It is possible our Contracted operations will decrease over time the rest will grow

Simon

3Q

1 Dart 502

What is the asking price of the Volvo's Matt?

notepanel

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 06:13:51 PM
Just to clarify I am not disagreeing with the fact that the 50 has been a shambles lately. I always say you should play to your strengths not to your weaknesses. Green Bus have many strengths & many weaknesses. By focusing on hires, schools & contract work they are playing to their strengths and not their weaknesses.

3Q - if I remember correctly it's £5k.

I don't think anyone has any objections or issues with the fact that The Green Bus may have decided the 50 is not worth continuing.

What people do object to, or find very poor business practice, in this particular situation are:
* The fact that the drivers were informed possibly just over a week before the service was withdrawn that they would basically be made redundant just a week before Christmas
* That customers of a service with annual & monthly tickets for sale were given a weeks notice that the service was being withdrawn
* The Traffic Commissioner & Centro have not been informed (I.e. the standard 56 days notice period for withdrawing/changing a service)

The whole thing seems very rushed and very unprofessional to me.

Steveminor

Greenbus need to concentrate on what they do best unless they hire someone who knows local service & how to do it properly.
There is a saying "Jack of all trades, master of none"

Adam 404

That will meen that Green Buses fleet will be...
14 Alx 400 Tridents
6 Volvo Olimpians
And 6 Spectra's
Wouldn't it be a good idea to off removed the Olimpians and kept 6 more tridents.
Before the sale, current bus fleet is
23 Tridents
10 Olimpians
6 Spectra's
A dart and a lance.

the trainbasher

Is the 78 available to the general public to use?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

@Matt it was showing on the NWM app as stopping outside St Pauls Metro (city bound) at 1513hrs

(didn't get to see it as the tram I was on couldn't leave Jewellery Quarter until 1510 due to a tram in block)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

From Yahoo groups:

Oakleys, Plymouth are now using R380LGH in full Green Bus livery.

Assume now sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk