News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Seems a bit short notice to announce they're withdrawing this service, though I guess they won't be required to serve a notice period as there is adequate provision with the existing NXWM and Diamond journeys.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

I'm sure Diamond will be happy as the 50 seems to actually do ok on a Sunday without TGB.

Just hope no one who has bought a month pass is left out of pocket though...

Alex

Does the 22 still run as i only have a half day at school on Friday and i want to go on the 2 Green Bus services before they're gone
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

PM

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 17, 2014, 08:34:34 PM
Does the 22 still run as i only have a half day at school on Friday and i want to go on the 2 Green Bus services before they're gone

Not really, no. Think it may still have one M-F peak journey?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

Think that is a 22S school journey. Wasn't the TGB 22 withdrawn a few months ago!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Alex

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

Think that is a 22S school journey. Wasn't the TGB 22 withdrawn a few months ago!

Shows how little i actually pay attention in Merry Hill, only went there frequently cause there was a direct(ish, well it was the 310, so maybe not, but..) bus link from near my house
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Matt on December 17, 2014, 07:58:45 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2014, 07:57:02 PM
Have they any plans to operate anymore routes Matt or are they pulling out of bus services if you are allowed to say?

I don't know of any plans for the West Midlands

I saw two buses out today allegedly on the 50. The first parked up @ the maypole for an extended period, engine running & unattended. The other was floating around with a visible PG9 offence.

Bearing in mind other info' that I have, all I can say is "Great news, good riddance to another shoddy cowboy op".

Kevin_Brum12

All very sudden.

Diamond will be pleased as they've lost a competitor and their buses might carry some additional passengers.

Centro will be happy as this will relieve some of the pressure on bus stop MS1 by the Bull Ring which has struggled to cope with the volume of buses.

Those who've bought monthly passes for The Green Bus 50 will not be happy about the sudden cancellation of the service.

Presumably TGB will now be focusing its efforts on schools, rail replacement and the private hire market.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Matt on December 17, 2014, 10:08:42 PM
The business continues to expand in its most lucrative areas - without the distraction of public service, 2015 looks set to be a good and profitable year.

I hope so.  Green Bus have been helpful to quite a few enthusiasts, so I wish the company well.

PM

Only seemed to be 3 TGB 50's out today as well, I'm pretty sure there weren't 7...

They seemed a bit absent tbh!

fleetline6477

From my experience in the days / weeks  when routes 558 and 22 were about to finish Green seem to give up and only run a limited service.

PM

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 19, 2014, 07:37:03 PM
From my experience in the days / weeks  when routes 558 and 22 were about to finish Green seem to give up and only run a limited service.

Guess that's it now as they won't be running tomorrow. Just surprised such a small amount of notice was given to passengers and they got away with it!!  ::)

Stu

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 19, 2014, 07:42:53 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 19, 2014, 07:37:03 PM

Guess that's it now as they won't be running tomorrow. Just surprised such a small amount of notice was given to passengers and they got away with it!!  ::)

The only passengers who will have lost out are those that bought monthly tickets, but I guess there can't have been that many. There should be adequate capacity provided by NXWM and Diamond journeys. ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

From what hear it wasn't really their choosing to come off. Something to do with non compliant buses & centro being extremely unhappy.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on December 19, 2014, 08:06:03 PM
From what hear it wasn't really their choosing to come off. Something to do with non compliant buses & centro being extremely unhappy.

I don't believe the council were very pleased with their habit of multiple drivers taking layovers at the back of Selfridges stopping Coventry Road services from unloading. That is a bus stop, not a bus stand so vehicles should not be there for longer than it takes to set down passengers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk