News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Who has brought the ones that have
been sold

Steveminor

Matt what's this I hear about TGB returning to the 50 in april

trident4370

Quote from: Matt on February 18, 2015, 01:36:24 PM
PD1050400/83 - THE GREEN TRANSPORT COMPANY LIMITED, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST
Variation Accepted: Operating between Maypole and Birmingham City Centre given service number 50 effective from 13-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Cue bus wars on MS1/MS2, round 2   >:(

Tara4352

Quote from: Matt on February 20, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
Engineers got 381 running today for the first time in ages. All being well it's leaving on Monday to join its sister 380.
Where is its sister?

PM

Quote from: Rhys S on February 20, 2015, 11:18:16 PM
Engineers got 381 running today for the first time in ages. All being well it's leaving on Monday to join its sister 380.
Where is its sister?

Oakleys, Plymouth as @Matt has posted already in this thread.

Tara4352

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 20, 2015, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: Rhys S on February 20, 2015, 11:18:16 PM
Where is its sister?

Oakleys, Plymouth as @Matt has posted already in this thread.
Thank you for the reference @DiamondDart

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
As I have already said 2015 is set to be the best year yet for Green Bus. It is a shame the company was unsuccessful in its bid for the Guernsey franchise (I believe simply due to another company having quoted a lower cost) but there will be plenty more opportunities for the company to shine in what it does best without the frivolous (pointless) distraction of local bus services.

PD1050400/83 - THE GREEN TRANSPORT COMPANY LIMITED, 386 PARK ROAD, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5ST
Variation Accepted: Operating between Maypole and Birmingham City Centre given service number 50 effective from 13-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

For all those who believe that deregulation should continue and now be accepted as the status quo, silliness like coming off a route and giving passengers next to no notice, then coming back on it months later, suggests that the system needs reform.

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Matt on February 22, 2015, 10:55:36 PM
Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on February 22, 2015, 10:50:34 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
As I have already said 2015 is set to be the best year yet for Green Bus. It is a shame the company was unsuccessful in its bid for the Guernsey franchise (I believe simply due to another company having quoted a lower cost) but there will be plenty more opportunities for the company to shine in what it does best without the frivolous (pointless) distraction of local bus services.

For all those who believe that deregulation should continue and now be accepted as the status quo, silliness like coming off a route and giving passengers next to no notice, then coming back on it months later, suggests that the system needs reform.

What a silly post. Do you really think this was not planned long in advance and done for very good reason?

No - I think this is an operator taking the proverbial, and just demonstrating to those of us who consider that buses primarily are a service the fallacies of deregulation.   

Here is hoping this time the Traffic Commissioner and Centro will be taking rather more of a keen interest, and tricks like clogging up the stops at Selfridges and the lay-by in Park Street will not be tolerated.

Kevin_Brum12

Well Matt the "reality" is that Green Bus does seem to be making their strategy up as they go along.  One minute local bus services are "frivolous", the next is the company are re-registering for a route they've come off!

It is as daft as opening a shop, shutting down because you've not had enough custom and it's a distraction, then opening up again several months later!

As for reality, I've seen buses clog up MS1 and all operators are guilty of it. 

If Green Bus have buses going spare how about going along the 8, or giving NXWM a run for their money down the Pershore Road, rather than carting fresh air and London cast offs up and down the 50.

Kevin

If it was something planned long ago with good reason, then surely the travelling public should know, let's alone us bus nuts on here? Because even to them it's going to scream "dodgy", stopping operation for no reason and hardly any notice, then months later suddenly starting up again. Any passengers TGB might have considered "loyal" would seriously have to question whether they want to dare give them a chance again.

I don't doubt there is a reason, but at the same time it's don't think it's something that can be just brushed aside as "it's okay, it was planned"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bryan

Quote from: Matt on February 22, 2015, 11:35:28 PM
Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on February 22, 2015, 11:23:47 PM
Well Matt the "reality" is that Green Bus does seem to be making their strategy up as they go along.  One minute local bus services are "frivolous", the next is the company are re-registering for a route they've come off!

It is as daft as opening a shop, shutting down because you've not had enough custom and it's a distraction, then opening up again several months later!

As for reality, I've seen buses clog up MS1 and all operators are guilty of it. 

If Green Bus have buses going spare how about going along the 8, or giving NXWM a run for their money down the Pershore Road, rather than carting fresh air and London cast offs up and down the 50.

Because that would be a complete and utter waste of money, as is in my personal opinion all public service work unless you have a monopoly on the area!...................................

Perhaps I'm getting confused and missing something here, but as Green Bus don't have a monopoly in the area and have ceased working the 50 once already, what chance do they have of making it a success in the future?

Tara4352

In my opinion 8/a/c or the 35 they should try running

Steveminor

Rhys the 35 has been tried by diamond & was a total failure.
Matt would the reason they are going back on, that they now have adequate sqp buses or is something else going on.

Kevin

Quote from: Matt on February 23, 2015, 09:23:22 AM

Anyone who thinks I am going to explain everything on a public forum is clearly living in cloud cuckoo land. As of now I am not answering any more questions on here about Green Bus. End of.

But this would be something the travelling public should know about surely, because they would be asking questions as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

I'm afraid we just don't need another operator on the 50 - we already have NX running frequently on it and Diamond carrying some good loads as well. There is also Johnsons every hour providing another method of getting along from Birmingham to Maypole. We don't need Green bus returning to simply clog the stops back up, certainly in the city centre, carrying fresh air. At least Diamond are fairly sensible putting Solos and occasionally Versas/Centros on which carry reasonable loads for their size, as opposed to double decks which are excessive.

Plus I think you'll find "once bitten, twice shy"; passengers who used to have the passes on the route who were loyal may not come back, considering the poor notice given to them by the sounds of it. I could see competition on the 8 working, or the 6 - routes which actually might need some competition on considering the high loads which NX sometimes struggle to carry, especially in the peaks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk