News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 20, 2014, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 20, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 01:05:13 PM
The fleetlist on the website is correct - just logged on to the system and the buses missing off the fleetlist have already been removed from the list available for allocation

Just to clarify each of the withdrawn buses is unroadworthy for whatever reason. I'm sure I've explained that before yet some people on here are still going on about SQBP guidelines etc which are not of relevance any more.

Most clients do not specify low floor vehicles in their booking yet there are still more than enough low floors available to cater for them, of which 100% should now be good runners.

The only slight concern is that both single deckers have gone. It's not often a low height vehicle is needed but it would be nice to have one available for such a case.

Hey Matt

Has the 50 cancellation as of yesterday been approved by VOSA? As I haven't seen anything on their website.

Also, are the Tridents being advertised for sale the unroadworthy ones that you refer to?

Cheers

Hi 3Q

Once again I'm limited as to what I should say, but I believe the lack of cancellation was legitimate and intentional. What I will say is, look back through the VOSA registrations in November.

Regarding the Tridents - that's correct (we need the good ones!!). In most cases though, it would not be too difficult to get them sorted - just not a worthwhile use of resources for Green Bus as they are surplus to requirements

Thanks Matt. I understand that the variation you refer to on VOSA in November is to suspend service over the Christmas period according to Centro's website but this doesn't take effect until after Christmas Eve.

Can you clarify if VOSA have accepted a cancellation since this date? Surely if not then Greenbus are still obliged to operator according to the registered timetable, up to and including Christmas Eve?

Cheers

Hi 3Q

No, the registration in November was a timetable amendment effective 5th Jan, after the Christmas break

Other than that I can only repeat what I said above, sorry.

Thanks Matt.

Is there any truth that Greenbus have been shortlisted to run the Guernsey bus franchise?

Cheers

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 07:01:31 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 20, 2014, 06:56:40 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 05:24:01 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 20, 2014, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 20, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2014, 01:05:13 PM
The fleetlist on the website is correct - just logged on to the system and the buses missing off the fleetlist have already been removed from the list available for allocation

Just to clarify each of the withdrawn buses is unroadworthy for whatever reason. I'm sure I've explained that before yet some people on here are still going on about SQBP guidelines etc which are not of relevance any more.

Most clients do not specify low floor vehicles in their booking yet there are still more than enough low floors available to cater for them, of which 100% should now be good runners.

The only slight concern is that both single deckers have gone. It's not often a low height vehicle is needed but it would be nice to have one available for such a case.

Hey Matt

Has the 50 cancellation as of yesterday been approved by VOSA? As I haven't seen anything on their website.

Also, are the Tridents being advertised for sale the unroadworthy ones that you refer to?

Cheers

Hi 3Q

Once again I'm limited as to what I should say, but I believe the lack of cancellation was legitimate and intentional. What I will say is, look back through the VOSA registrations in November.

Regarding the Tridents - that's correct (we need the good ones!!). In most cases though, it would not be too difficult to get them sorted - just not a worthwhile use of resources for Green Bus as they are surplus to requirements

Thanks Matt. I understand that the variation you refer to on VOSA in November is to suspend service over the Christmas period according to Centro's website but this doesn't take effect until after Christmas Eve.

Can you clarify if VOSA have accepted a cancellation since this date? Surely if not then Greenbus are still obliged to operator according to the registered timetable, up to and including Christmas Eve?

Cheers

Hi 3Q

No, the registration in November was a timetable amendment effective 5th Jan, after the Christmas break

Other than that I can only repeat what I said above, sorry.

Thanks Matt.

Is there any truth that Greenbus have been shortlisted to run the Guernsey bus franchise?

Cheers

That is correct, unfortunately it was announced this week that we have not been successful

Thanks Matt

Probably for the best judging by your recent performance on the 50 service

Kevin

Quote from: trident4370 on December 19, 2014, 09:00:09 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 19, 2014, 08:57:16 PM
I imagine rail operators appreciate the guaranteed quality they get with Central Buses...

I'm not disagreeing with that  ;D

Although Central did put a Routemaster out to Redditch over the summer
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

pjp1991

Sat on board 111 on the number 50 heading into town as we speak!

pjp1991

Isn't the service meant to have finished?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: pjp1991 on December 23, 2014, 02:23:15 PM

That was what i was going to ask, wasn't the final day of service 19/12/14?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

tjwpsv

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 23, 2014, 02:27:38 PM
Quote from: pjp1991 on December 23, 2014, 02:23:15 PM

That was what i was going to ask, wasn't the final day of service 19/12/14?

According to the Company's website - yes. According to one of the drivers today, they are finishing tomorrow... Only the 3 buses out today, though.

PM

Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2014, 03:12:07 PM
I believe Green Bus have been asked by Centro to continue service until tomorrow.

Why?

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2014, 11:56:23 AM
Quote from: pjp1991 on December 23, 2014, 11:53:53 AM

105, 111 & 113 are out today

Hey Matt

Is there not scope to provide a full service? There should be plenty of spare buses and drivers if there are no school operations this week?

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2014, 08:59:59 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 23, 2014, 06:36:46 PM
I believe Green Bus have been asked by Centro to continue service until tomorrow.

Why?

Because they had the Christmas break down as starting from Christmas day, not the 20th

Quote from: 3Q on December 23, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Hey Matt

Is there not scope to provide a full service? There should be plenty of spare buses and drivers if there are no school operations this week?

Spare buses yes, spare drivers no. The 50 drivers had all been told no work after the 19th. I was amazed three drivers were found, none of them were on the 50 rota

Hey Matt

Thanks for your response. Do you no how many buses will be out tomorrow? I would like to go for a ride on the Greenbus 50 for one last time.

Thanks

andyr

Must be one of the worst run companies in the country. All the gloss about how wonderful they are but clearly not.

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
3Q - 101, 111 & 113 on 50 today.

In other news, 117 finally returned from ADL Harlow last night.

Thanks Matt. I waited 40 minutes but nothing turned up.

It's a real shame as I thought the 50 routefor Greenbus had great potential, particularly when operating the £1 fare policy. Sadly I suspect 2015 will be a difficult year for Greenbus whilst it recovers from years of abysmal management

PM

Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2014, 09:16:16 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 23, 2014, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 23, 2014, 08:59:59 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 23, 2014, 06:36:46 PM

Why?

Because they had the Christmas break down as starting from Christmas day, not the 20th

Quote from: 3Q on December 23, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Hey Matt

Spare buses yes, spare drivers no. The 50 drivers had all been told no work after the 19th. I was amazed three drivers were found, none of them were on the 50 rota

Hey Matt

Thanks for your response. Do you no how many buses will be out tomorrow? I would like to go for a ride on the Greenbus 50 for one last time.

Thanks

No worries 3Q. I have no idea - it'll be as many as they can find drivers for. No more than 3 or 4 probably. I'm in at 9am tomorrow so will let you know.

I'm sure VOSA would be a fan of the approach of "it'll be as many as they can find drivers for".

Tony

Just seen one leaving Birmingham City Centre with the destination £35.00 for a months travel - anyone want one?

3Q

Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 04:30:04 PM
Quote from: 3Q on December 24, 2014, 02:28:13 PM
Quote from: Matt on December 24, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
3Q - 101, 111 & 113 on 50 today.

In other news, 117 finally returned from ADL Harlow last night.

Thanks Matt. I waited 40 minutes but nothing turned up.

It's a real shame as I thought the 50 routefor Greenbus had great potential, particularly when operating the £1 fare policy. Sadly I suspect 2015 will be a difficult year for Greenbus whilst it recovers from years of abysmal management

As I have already said 2015 is set to be the best year yet for Green Bus. It is a shame the company was unsuccessful in its bid for the Guernsey franchise (I believe simply due to another company having quoted a lower cost) but there will be plenty more opportunities for the company to shine in what it does best without the frivolous (pointless) distraction of local bus services. This week NO buses have been VOR other than those undergoing routine inspections.

I have read some very amusing comments on Facebook suggesting the company is "going bust", etc. Believe me, there is more chance of seeing Diamond "going bust" (not a throwaway comment at all). I am not going to quote any figures but you would all be amazed by how much money the company turns over - not only from the West Midlands, but from operations in Reading, Surrey and Liverpool. Bookings from Hockley are already very busy throughout Spring next year with some days fully booked out (i.e. every belted bus on a hire).

Also just a reminder that the following vehicles are for sale. Most are not currently roadworthy but would not need much work to make them so. Anyone seriously interested should contact the company and ask for the sales department. I think the asking price for the Volvos is particularly reasonable.

9 Tridents 108, 110, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 122
4 Volvos 380, 381, 904, 907
1 Dart 502
1 Lance 452 (a runner as far as I know)

My main concern would be the risk of Public Inquiry Matt which could close the business overnight. Your comments already confirm the Greenbus has inadequate staff to fulfil its statutory obligations such as running the 50 service according to the schedules lodged along with vehicles that are not roadworthy such as the batch sent up to Glasgow in the Summer.

As the saying goes - turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.

I hope I am wrong and the Greenbus turns a corner in 2015 as you suggest it will

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk