News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Matt on June 25, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
Cheers Tony, I didn't know where it had come from. It's the same story with our ex Metroline and ex Abellio Tridents which have euro 2 engines, but are allowed into the city centre.

101-105 being ex Reading are the only Tridents not technically allowed on the 50

But 101-5 are 51 plate so will be euro3 anyway therefore allowed!

Imagine the spectras/olympians are the only vehicles not meant to be on there...

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 10:25:32 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 25, 2014, 09:18:53 PM
Cheers Tony, I didn't know where it had come from. It's the same story with our ex Metroline and ex Abellio Tridents which have euro 2 engines, but are allowed into the city centre.

101-105 being ex Reading are the only Tridents not technically allowed on the 50

But 101-5 are 51 plate so will be euro3 anyway therefore allowed!

Imagine the spectras/olympians are the only vehicles not meant to be on there...

101-5 are Euro 2 engined i think

PM

They were built at the end of 2001 though? I thought all vehicles at that time were euro3? Certainly darts were and NX tridents were back at Y reg?

nitromatt1

DiamondDart... I love how you can tell what type of engine a bus has from its numberplate. As I said their engines are euro 2. Arriva's 51 plate darts at Wednesfield are too if you want another example

PM

Quote from: Matt on June 25, 2014, 10:36:42 PM
DiamondDart... I love how you can tell what type of engine a bus has from its numberplate. As I said their engines are euro 2. Arriva's 51 plate darts at Wednesfield are too if you want another example

The numberplate must surely be important-those euro regs are inextricably linked with when vehicles are delivered. If it is within a certain window, they have to comply with that regulation.

They're very rare in that though-I bet you'd struggle to find more examples of 51 plate original style MPDs.

Interestingly enough, didn't Dennis come under criticism at the time for switching to euro3 straight away, as opposed to allowing operators to order euro2 up until the deadline?

The fact is, if those Petes darts were built at the end of 2001, they would be euro3. The only way they wouldn't be is if they were bought as dealer stock and registered prior to entering service.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 10:50:17 PM
Quote from: Matt on June 25, 2014, 10:36:42 PM

The numberplate must surely be important-those euro regs are inextricably linked with when vehicles are delivered. If it is within a certain window, they have to comply with that regulation.

They're very rare in that though-I bet you'd struggle to find more examples of 51 plate original style MPDs.

Interestingly enough, didn't Dennis come under criticism at the time for switching to euro3 straight away, as opposed to allowing operators to order euro2 up until the deadline?

The fact is, if those Petes darts were built at the end of 2001, they would be euro3. The only way they wouldn't be is if they were bought as dealer stock and registered prior to entering service.

Yes but as you said it is still possible. So you can't just assume a bus has a particular engine from its reg.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
They were built at the end of 2001 though? I thought all vehicles at that time were euro3? Certainly darts were and NX tridents were back at Y reg?

They were built a long time before 2001, they might have been first registered in 2001 but that is different, have a look at the chassis number in the fleetlist they are between 720 and 800. V894HLH which was at Redditch is chassis number 803 and the V-KGWs in Green bus' own fleet are mixed in amongst them

nitromatt1

Two new additions to the fleet come today

John

Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 12:37:28 PM

Any clues to what they are  :D

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on June 26, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

They haven't come from far away

PM

Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: John on June 26, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

They haven't come from far away

Single or double deck?

nitromatt1

PM

Ooh...any more clues?

Dennis Darts would be my guess or is it something more heavy duty?

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 26, 2014, 01:00:05 PM
Ooh...any more clues?

The one I've seen is an R reg

PM

Quote from: Matt on June 26, 2014, 01:06:17 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on June 26, 2014, 01:00:05 PM
Ooh...any more clues?

The one I've seen is an R reg

R seems quite old to be acquiring and putting vehicles into service...

An R reg......... dart? b6? :P Something else?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk