News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

Surely the service is operating against the Transport Act 1985 if the registration has not been accepted to commence until 3 September and is taking fares?

Stu

Quote from: Straightlines on August 09, 2021, 09:27:41 PM
Surely the service is operating against the Transport Act 1985 if the registration has not been accepted to commence until 3 September and is taking fares?

See pndriver's reply on the previous page:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=347.msg293444#msg293444
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

Quote from: V102MOA on August 07, 2021, 10:01:37 PM
Slight update to the above, due to National Trust parking restrictions we are unable to take the X94 into Carding Mill Valley itself, therefore the X94 will be terminating in Church Stretton just 5 minutes walk away from the beautiful valley
could you not drop off at carding Mill valley  & then drive off to park in church Stretton 

Straightlines

Quote from: Stu on August 10, 2021, 07:27:10 AM
See pndriver's reply on the previous page:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=347.msg293444#msg293444

I had already thank you, but it didn't answer my question. It looks to me like the services were attempted to be registered at short notice, but presumably this was not accepted.

Stu

Quote from: Straightlines on August 10, 2021, 09:36:08 AM
I had already thank you, but it didn't answer my question. It looks to me like the services were attempted to be registered at short notice, but presumably this was not accepted.

Or the service was accepted and a data entry error was made? It looks to me like 3rd Sept should show as the 'End Date' rather than 'Date Effective'. It has probably already been amended internally, but not updated on the VOL site.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

fleetline6477

Quote from: karl724223 on August 09, 2021, 08:14:31 PM
The driver said can somebody turn up tomorrow
@pndriver

Did anybody turn up for you across the whole route?

ARBB

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 10, 2021, 09:24:15 PM
Did anybody turn up for you across the whole route?

I had a passenger board at Station Street and 2 at Halesowen bus station. Both the X92 and X94 could potentially be filled. If a poster was put up in Halesowen there would be a bus full of pensioners going out for the day.

Quote from: pndriver on August 10, 2021, 10:19:56 PM
I had a passenger board at Station Street and 2 at Halesowen bus station. Both the X92 and X94 could potentially be filled. If a poster was put up in Halesowen there would be a bus full of pensioners going out for the day.
The City terminus is in a weird location as well. What about using the Priory Queensway as a terminus or put a poster on the stops there.  As it surely has hundreds/thousands more people using the stops there than Station Street, so better place to promote them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

So loads of armchair web warriors are going with @pndriver tomorrow after all the whinging done on here about the route

ARBB

Quote from: karl724223 on August 11, 2021, 07:14:24 PM
So loads of armchair web warriors are going with @pndriver tomorrow after all the whinging done on here about the route

Luckily..... I'm not driving tomorrow.

ellspurs

The routes were announced, there was no information showing on TfWM and the registrations were showing that it didn't start until September. The timetable was posted on a restricted-access Facebook group and there was also no information on the operator's website/facebook/twitter. Do you not see where the concern could've come from? @pndriver clarified the information and a timetable was posted so all is good.

I was over in Church Stretton today (looking as lovely as it always does) and am in Ludlow on Friday as per my normal work route. I just hope whomever is driving doesn't get snarled up in the traffic and closed roads that I endured today.

V102MOA

ARBB

fleetline6477

I have 3 days leave week beginning 23rd August, one possible idea is to visit Birmingham and do a day out on Tues or Thurs.

CL

Two E400s have not long passed Hockley Circus

One was too far to ID, and the other I saw seems to be allocated fleet number 603
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk