News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Why does the 886 Sedgely - Bartley Green have such a long layover at the start of service?

It's usually parked in the bus layby on Bull Ring around 06.10-06.20 every morning (as it was today) and it's timetabled to leave at 06.53. The 1 and 27 can't pull into the layby and serve the stop correctly so has to pull either just behind still in the road, or just in front still blocking traffic approaching Bull Ring Island.

Shouldn't buses who are waiting time/waiting to start service park elsewhere to allow service buses to observe the stops properly?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Steveminor

Ask nx who block city stops regularly

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on October 11, 2021, 05:12:48 PM
Ask nx who block city stops regularly

That doesn't answer the question posed though.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

metrocity

Quote from: Wumpty on October 11, 2021, 08:08:02 AM
Why does the 886 Sedgely - Bartley Green have such a long layover at the start of service?

It's usually parked in the bus layby on Bull Ring around 06.10-06.20 every morning (as it was today) and it's timetabled to leave at 06.53. The 1 and 27 can't pull into the layby and serve the stop correctly so has to pull either just behind still in the road, or just in front still blocking traffic approaching Bull Ring Island.

Shouldn't buses who are waiting time/waiting to start service park elsewhere to allow service buses to observe the stops properly?
As Green Bus don't have managerial representation on the forum, it would be a better idea to email them !

Wumpty

Quote from: metrocity on October 12, 2021, 09:51:39 AM
As Green Bus don't have managerial representation on the forum, it would be a better idea to email them !

Why would it be a better idea to email them? (!) It's a general question to a forum where some of their drivers post, and not every bus manager wants to be here formally.

It's an observation and not a complaint. I'm just intrigued as to why they are either scheduled to arrive that early, or driver chooses to arrive earlier than he needs to.

the trainbasher

Maybe it's just favourable traffic meaning they're early

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

metrocity

Quote from: Wumpty on October 12, 2021, 11:35:07 AM
Why would it be a better idea to email them? (!) It's a general question to a forum where some of their drivers post, and not every bus manager wants to be here formally.

It's an observation and not a complaint. I'm just intrigued as to why they are either scheduled to arrive that early, or driver chooses to arrive earlier than he needs to.
Very constructive...

Wumpty

Steveminor

I think @metrocity was being sarcastic lol

Wumpty

Wumpty

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 12, 2021, 12:02:24 PM
Maybe it's just favourable traffic meaning they're early

It's certainly a possibility and something I'd considered. I'm all for arriving in good time to start service, though Sedgley's Dudley Street doesn't take much to create congestion, even at that early hour. The 1s have to park in the road and obstruct traffic - this partially obscures anyone trying to pull out of Vicar Street (especially if a 27 is trying to do so) and it can all get very messy. Just find it a bit odd that it's there some 30-45 minutes before service.

Good shout though.

929 Olympian on 843 this afternoon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

tjwpsv

None of The Green Bus vehicles have tracked on bustimes.org this week. I assume this is down to a problem of data transmission as they're still operating.

B61 ANDREW

Tracking has been hit or miss for a couple of weeks now , making it difficult for me to track down the ex-Lothian ones.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk