News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Davismt2000 on August 06, 2021, 04:26:30 PM
The 512 you mention is most likely a school route. They operate a number of Warks school routes in the 5xx series of service numbers

512 is listed on The Green Bus website, yes:
https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus-route/512/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on August 06, 2021, 07:25:41 PM
These two routes are up and running and being driven by a ex member of pensnett
@pndriver

Quote from: ellspurs on August 06, 2021, 03:57:28 PM
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/582231/

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/582235/

I guess they're running them as free services as the registration doesn't start until September?

So unless the registration effective date is incorrect, these are currently 'free' services?
My locals:

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2021, 02:27:28 PM
So unless the registration effective date is incorrect, these are currently 'free' services?
no not free £6 single £10 return
If you are so worried why don't you contact greenbus 

ARBB

Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2021, 02:27:28 PM

Registration effective date is wrong. Service X92 started last Tuesday. X94 started Thursday.

X92 to Ludlow Runs Tuesday's in August only.

X94 to Carding Mill Valley runs Thursday's in August only.

Payment can be made by contact less payment methods only on board the bus. £6 single and £10 return. Concessionary passes are valid after 09:30am.

Both services start at Station Street from stand NS13 at 9am on their respective days.

Service X92 leaves city and operates along the Hagley Road to Quinton, then via Mucklow Hill to Halesowen. From Halesowen the route runs through Blakedown, Kidderminster (Serving Severn Valley Railway not the town centre) West Midlands Safari Park, Bewdley Town Centre, Far Forest, Cleobury Mortimer, Clee Hill and Terminating at Ludlow. Arriving at 11:05 and leaving again at 13:40.

Service X94 leaves city and operates along the Hagley Road to Quinton, this service then operates via Quinton expressway, Manor Way and serves Halesowen bus station, from here the service operates along Church Croft and Richmond Street to Stourbridge Road, Windmill Hill, Toys Lane, Oldnall Road, Brook Holloway, Wolloscote Road, Chawn Hill to Stourbridge Junction, then operates along the 242 route (Averting Bridle Road) to Kinver, Six Ashes, Bridgnorth High Street, Ironbridge, Buildwas Abbey, Longville, Church Stretton and terminating at Carding Mill Valley.

But no, it is not free. And it is operating.

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on August 07, 2021, 04:10:56 PM
no not free £6 single £10 return
If you are so worried why don't you contact greenbus

I am not worried about this, I was just trying to get a straight answer to a straight question.

Quote from: pndriver on August 07, 2021, 04:54:29 PM
Registration effective date is wrong. Service X92 started last Tuesday. X94 started Thursday.

X92 to Ludlow Runs Tuesday's in August only.

X94 to Carding Mill Valley runs Thursday's in August only.

Payment can be made by contact less payment methods only on board the bus. £6 single and £10 return. Concessionary passes are valid after 09:30am.

Both services start at Station Street from stand NS13 at 9am on their respective days.

Service X92 leaves city and operates along the Hagley Road to Quinton, then via Mucklow Hill to Halesowen. From Halesowen the route runs through Blakedown, Kidderminster (Serving Severn Valley Railway not the town centre) West Midlands Safari Park, Bewdley Town Centre, Far Forest, Cleobury Mortimer, Clee Hill and Terminating at Ludlow. Arriving at 11:05 and leaving again at 13:40.

Service X94 leaves city and operates along the Hagley Road to Quinton, this service then operates via Quinton expressway, Manor Way and serves Halesowen bus station, from here the service operates along Church Croft and Richmond Street to Stourbridge Road, Windmill Hill, Toys Lane, Oldnall Road, Brook Holloway, Wolloscote Road, Chawn Hill to Stourbridge Junction, then operates along the 242 route (Averting Bridle Road) to Kinver, Six Ashes, Bridgnorth High Street, Ironbridge, Buildwas Abbey, Longville, Church Stretton and terminating at Carding Mill Valley.

But no, it is not free. And it is operating.

Thanks for the clarification and the details. I'd be happy to post about this on my website if thats okay. Are these just 'day out' services, or is there some other purpose behind them? (School holiday educational trips for example, which the public can also travel on, or something like that)
My locals:

ARBB

Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2021, 05:05:33 PM
I am not worried about this, I was just trying to get a straight answer to a straight question.

Thanks for the clarification and the details. I'd be happy to post about this on my website if thats okay. Are these just 'day out' services, or is there some other purpose behind them? (School holiday educational trips for example, which the public can also travel on, or something like that)

Just day out services. Anyone can get on at any stop along the route.

Steveminor

As per the picture you posted. Why us the service not listed on the bus stop.

Also presumably encts passes are accepted on them.

Stu

Quote from: pndriver on August 07, 2021, 05:14:42 PM
Just day out services. Anyone can get on at any stop along the route.

Thank you, can you provide the timetables so I can add them to my article?
https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2021/08/the-green-bus-introduce-day-out-services-for-summer-2021/
My locals:

ARBB

Stu

Quote from: pndriver on August 07, 2021, 06:43:30 PM

Thanks again! Its a shame I am working throughout August, otherwise I'd have been interested in taking up this opportunity for a nice day out. I last went to Carding Mill Valley as a teenager in the Scouts and enjoyed a rigorous weekend walking along the Long Mynd.

Please do let whoever is responsible for this to let me know in future about these kinds of special services, as I am happy to promote and publicise them for free on my own website.
My locals:

V102MOA

Slight update to the above, due to National Trust parking restrictions we are unable to take the X94 into Carding Mill Valley itself, therefore the X94 will be terminating in Church Stretton just 5 minutes walk away from the beautiful valley

fleetline6477

Quote from: pndriver on August 07, 2021, 06:43:30 PM

How do people not on this site find timetables, not on Green Bus website, Bustimes or traveline from what I can see. Have you actually carried any passengers and how are the services being promoted??

Stu

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 07, 2021, 10:02:09 PM
How do people not on this site find timetables, not on Green Bus website, Bustimes or traveline from what I can see. Have you actually carried any passengers and how are the services being promoted??

In a way, I would feel bad if suddenly a hundred people turn up on Tuesday or Thursday now, only to get turned away because these services use one vehicle and thus spaces are limited.

I would guess that TGB have done some limited promotion of these services somewhere, just to get at least enough passengers to make the journey worthwhile for them.
My locals:

karl724223

The driver said can somebody turn up tomorrow
@pndriver

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on August 09, 2021, 08:06:22 PM
In a way, I would feel bad if suddenly a hundred people turn up on Tuesday or Thursday now, only to get turned away because these services use one vehicle and thus spaces are limited.

I would guess that TGB have done some limited promotion of these services somewhere, just to get at least enough passengers to make the journey worthwhile for them.
What a lovely problem for an operator to have !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk