News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: CL on July 13, 2021, 12:44:39 PM
toying with the idea of ex-Abellio ones, with a number having been withdrawn at Battersea recently

https://flic.kr/p/2maMhHz
LJ09 CCZ (former 9450) has been delivered, it seems
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

V102MOA

Quote from: CL on July 30, 2021, 01:07:29 PM
LJ09 CCZ (former 9450) has been delivered, it seems

CCX too

V102MOA

For those travelling to Buses Festival next Sunday, here is the updated timetable:

06:00 - The Green Bus depot, Hockley
06:20 - West Bromwich, New Street
06:30 - Oldbury, Birchley Crossing (bus stop just before island on A4034)
07:10 - Birmingham Airport, Cargo Terminal (bus stop just off A45)
07:40 - Walsgrave, Tesco Extra next to M6 J2 (bus stop on Parkway)
09:30 - arrive at East of England Showground

There are still plenty of spaces if anyone wants to book a seat.

Davismt2000

I see the Green Bus have registered two new services

X92 Birmingham Station Street - Ludlow Corve Street

X94 Birmingham Station Street - Carding Mill Valley

Both registrations run from 23 July - 03 Sep

Solo1

Quote from: Davismt2000 on August 03, 2021, 12:01:09 AM

any times for the service + take it weekends only as a guess

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on August 03, 2021, 08:34:30 AM
any times for the service + take it weekends only as a guess

X92 is Tuesdays only, X94 is Thursdays only.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: Davismt2000 on August 03, 2021, 12:01:09 AM

There was a Green Bus Gemini heading out of City Centre displaying X92 Ludlow via Kidderminster and Cleobury Mortimer this morning infront of University branded 6887 on the X21 at about 09:00 on Holloway Head and Bath Row.
So they started new services that nobody new even existed basically, with no advertising at all.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

Stu

Nothing on their website about these, neither is there any timetable on the TfWM site.

I've read before here how they've set up temporary routes in the past, basically to give their drivers something to do during the school holidays.

But looking at the registrations for both these routes, they show as 'effective' from 3rd September, so that should be when they start.

Quote from: 2206 on August 03, 2021, 01:35:31 PM
There was a Green Bus Gemini heading out of City Centre displaying X92 Ludlow via Kidderminster and Cleobury Mortimer this morning infront of University branded 6887 on the X21 at about 09:00 on Holloway Head and Bath Row.
So they started new services that nobody new even existed basically, with no advertising at all.

Perhaps just doing some route learning (and some subtle advertising)? If the registration isn't effective until September, they can't collect fares from passengers surely?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

I saw an 887 running down the A456 in Hagley either Wednesday or Friday last week. Assumed it was a Green Bus from the matrix despite it being in TWM colours. It's a good idea to use the down time to get route learning done ready for the next term.

V102MOA

Quote from: ellspurs on August 03, 2021, 08:31:02 PM
I saw an 887 running down the A456 in Hagley either Wednesday or Friday last week. Assumed it was a Green Bus from the matrix despite it being in TWM colours. It's a good idea to use the down time to get route learning done ready for the next term.

We don't have an 887 route, or any buses with Matrix displays, or any buses in TWM livery (we have a couple in NX red and white but not TWM) so was unlikely a Green Bus you saw

DJ

Quote from: V102MOA on August 03, 2021, 08:53:17 PM
We don't have an 887 route, or any buses with Matrix displays, or any buses in TWM livery (we have a couple in NX red and white but not TWM) so was unlikely a Green Bus you saw

The only one I can think of is NXWM's 4125, as that's in TWM livery and with a flipdot matrix display.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: V102MOA on August 03, 2021, 08:53:17 PM

It was a red/white one, I keep forgetting the TWM ones had the blue in them.

The matrix was distinctively in the style that The Green Bus uses.

I probably got the route number wrong as I saw it last week, and I'm not going to go diving for a pen/my phone to write things down when driving.

V102MOA

Quote from: ellspurs on August 05, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
It was a red/white one, I keep forgetting the TWM ones had the blue in them.

The matrix was distinctively in the style that The Green Bus uses.

I probably got the route number wrong as I saw it last week, and I'm not going to go diving for a pen/my phone to write things down when driving.

It would have just been running dead to or from the 242 route as no other buses went out that way last week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk