News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on November 08, 2012, 08:18:38 PM
And i was reading something in route one saying that essentially 121 was completely knackered-that is why it was chosen for the work.

I believe it had to be towed to the NEC because the engine is no good

PM

Hasnt it been reengined with a euro 5 engine? Pretty sure it has, in that case it should be fine. Unless they havent done the mechanical work yet of course.

andy

Is it not the case that most Expo vehicles are towed to the exhibition just so that they are pristine and in the best condition for display?

Tony

Quote from: andy on November 08, 2012, 08:57:33 PM
Is it not the case that most Expo vehicles are towed to the exhibition just so that they are pristine and in the best condition for display?

No, I have a photograph of the Claribels going down the M6 on Saturday. Why do you think the engine compartment on 121 was sealed? because the engine under there is still the worn one.

PM

Was the claribels one on trade plates or something?

tank90

Or There is No engine in there :o  and isnt viewable because no one would wnat to see an empty engine bay  :-\
Either way it sounds like someone was laughing when Green Bus took them out of London. 119 sounded as if it was on its last legs going up the hills, some of the L/M reg Lances with FMR sound better and they've had years of tinkering from Midland Red Mechanics. And i say that because I was on one of First Presidents Going up Station Way today and it sounded fine and then Rough Hill Drive and that was a T reg!
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on November 08, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
Was the claribels one on trade plates or something?

Yes, I still don't have the correct reg for it

winston

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: Michael on November 08, 2012, 01:02:58 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
That bus will have cost Green bus about £6.000 to buy.

I very much doubt they paid 6 grand for that Trident.

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

Here's an X reg example going for 15 grand. That V reg would have been between 10 and 15.

I think you will find it was around £6,000. If you saw the bus at the NEC there was a sticker on the side with a list thanking all the companies in the refurbishment. There were about 12, not just Rowan Telmac. I was talking to one of the other companies at the NEC yesterday. Remember the one you put the link too is being advertised by a dealer. He will have bought that for much less than £15,000 as he will have his mark up on, his costs for making it presentable and usuable. I bet if you went to SBC with a pile of used banknotes you wouldn't need to pay the full £15,000 he is advertising it at

Green Bus bought all those buses from Abellio in basically a dealer capacity in as withdrawn condition

The V-reg Tridents had also been out of use for sometime & some arrived at Green Bus without seats & a few parts missing i.e. headlights etc. Abellio had unsuccessfully tried to sell them previously via an auction. Greenbus bought them as a job lot, no doubt at a knocked down price. I had thought 121 may have been one of the 51 plate ex Abellio one's though

Tony

Has anyone seen Green Bus 116 today? I was sent a message by someone earlier that it had been reregistered (to V16TGB?) by someone while I was at work, and I cannot find the message now to check the exact details.
DVLA still have it as V316 KGW so it is a very recent change

nitromatt1

First ride on the infamous 119 today. It was even worse than I expected! It's fine on flat/downhill but going up a hill you're better off in nearly any other vehicle. I've been up that same hill faster in Metrobuses. Very bad for one of Green Bus' newest vehicles.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

313, 989, 458 and 464 are the Metro's out, fantastic day, been years since a whole routes PVR was made up of Metro's. Slight timing issues aside as the Wolves are at home but excellent day, plenty of spotters out and plenty of sunshine to spot in! Thanks TGB

mranon

its weird hearing the gardner/voith howl of a metro pounding the streets of wolverhampton today. are these on their way out with tgb?

richie

I was on a WN trident today and it bought back memories when it pulled up from speed sounded just like the retarder on a metro

Ashley

They were to be withdrawn this month but they're all being kept until July and 989 is already on the preservation list> Hopefully another day like today will happen when they do reach the end of their lives

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Ashley on November 10, 2012, 10:41:05 PM
They were to be withdrawn this month but they're all being kept until July and 989 is already on the preservation list> Hopefully another day like today will happen when they do reach the end of their lives

Makes sense as 989 is in lovely condition, yes the idle rattle is a little loud, but the interior, still NXWM blue and orange puts most of WN'S 126 Trident's to shame, and good grief is it quick, flying down Dudley Road this morning

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk