News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm on November 07, 2012, 09:52:06 PM
Well the Trident is 12 years old and Green Bus are regularly using Metrobuses that are 24 years old, so by that maths, the Trident's got another 12 years left still!!

There are many buses that will never get anywhere near 24 year old. Do you really expect Spectras to still be in service at 24 years?

That bus will have cost Green bus about £6.000 to buy. The refurb has probably increased the book price by about 4 times but there is no way another operator would pay over £20,000 for a second hand V reg trident

richie

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
Well the Trident is 12 years old and Green Bus are regularly using Metrobuses that are 24 years old, so by that maths, the Trident's got another 12 years left still!!

There are many buses that will never get anywhere near 24 year old. Do you really expect Spectras to still be in service at 24 years?

That bus will have cost Green bus about £6.000 to buy. The refurb has probably increased the book price by about 4 times but there is no way another operator would pay over £20,000 for a second hand V reg trident

The spectras arn't far off 16 years old so you never know there stands a good chance but not with their first owner

Gareth

Could there be a chance that Rowan Telmac have paid for or part paid for the work? It is certainly a showcase for them and could get some nice orders for them, being on display at the NEC.

nitromatt1

Quote from: andy on November 07, 2012, 07:12:00 PM
I would be frightened to death to let anyone on, let alone a load of kids!!

I am a 'schoolkid' and I can safely say it would make my day to get this on my route one day instead of the usual Metrobuses. Such a shame that a few braindead little children feel the need to deface and damage buses for no good reason giving everyone else on the school runs a bad reputation

Ashley

Metrobus 313 was on the 125 today, Dudley to Wolves, was brill

tank90

Either way 121 may have a good bill of health but what about the others! I'm not being funny other anything but i was on the 50A on 119 and it wasnt the best journey I've had on a Trident before. Now that could be due to the fact the First's are newer, but i the ruled that out when I was on the 97A. 119 had troubles with any type of hill, man made or other; but going down hill was fine just going up up hill was slow! Now 119 is a 51 plate and I seem to remember Red Diamonds S reg Scania's going up hill quicker when they were on the 178, I didn't think slip roads were that step or the hills around Beoley but maybe they are to Tridents.

As 121 goes i think Rowan Telmac may not have payed 50 to 100% of the refurb bill as they have done refurbs for First and Go-Ahead. So the question is why spend that kind of money on a School bus that might do other work other than School work when you have cretins who think its fun/funny to deface other peoples property. (rant over)
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

nitromatt1

Quote from: tank90 on November 08, 2012, 12:51:13 AM
So the question is why spend that kind of money on a School bus that might do other work other than School work when you have cretins who think its fun/funny to deface other peoples property. (rant over)

See what I mean. I hate those people, maybe if they acted a bit more like human beings the rest of us wouldn't have to lose out on things because of the minority who are scum.

Tony

Quote from: tank90 on November 08, 2012, 12:51:13 AM
Either way 121 may have a good bill of health but what about the others! I'm not being funny other anything but i was on the 50A on 119 and it wasnt the best journey I've had on a Trident before. Now that could be due to the fact the First's are newer, but i the ruled that out when I was on the 97A. 119 had troubles with any type of hill, man made or other; but going down hill was fine just going up up hill was slow! Now 119 is a 51 plate and I seem to remember Red Diamonds S reg Scania's going up hill quicker when they were on the 178, I didn't think slip roads were that step or the hills around Beoley but maybe they are to Tridents.

As 121 goes i think Rowan Telmac may not have payed 50 to 100% of the refurb bill as they have done refurbs for First and Go-Ahead. So the question is why spend that kind of money on a School bus that might do other work other than School work when you have cretins who think its fun/funny to deface other peoples property. (rant over)

121 hasn't got a good bill of health. I believe it was towed to the NEC because the engine is unfit!

Ex BC driver

A couple of weeks ago on ebay, the adminstrators for RH Transport had tridents for sale, 02 plate, and they wanted £25000 for each one. Doubt any were sold for that price

Steveminor

Isn't the point of this refurb to give a new lease of life to an older bus. It'd be a bit pointless doing it to a new bus

MW

That bus will have cost Green bus about £6.000 to buy.

I very much doubt they paid 6 grand for that Trident.

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

Here's an X reg example going for 15 grand. That V reg would have been between 10 and 15.

BU07 LGO

121 appears to have had the lights altered, the indicators appear to be clear LED and the headlights also look strange, like eyeballs? wonder if it has had a xenon conversion? Though i do not see headlight washers which xenons must have?

JackC

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 08, 2012, 01:15:56 PM
121 appears to have had the lights altered, the indicators appear to be clear LED and the headlights also look strange, like eyeballs? wonder if it has had a xenon conversion? Though i do not see headlight washers which xenons must have?

They could've had LEDs fitted to the rim of the lamp? I did think that was maybe the case myself.

Tony

Quote from: Michael on November 08, 2012, 01:02:58 PM
That bus will have cost Green bus about £6.000 to buy.

I very much doubt they paid 6 grand for that Trident.

http://www.staffordbuscentre.com/Buses-For-Sale.html

Here's an X reg example going for 15 grand. That V reg would have been between 10 and 15.

I think you will find it was around £6,000. If you saw the bus at the NEC there was a sticker on the side with a list thanking all the companies in the refurbishment. There were about 12, not just Rowan Telmac. I was talking to one of the other companies at the NEC yesterday. Remember the one you put the link too is being advertised by a dealer. He will have bought that for much less than £15,000 as he will have his mark up on, his costs for making it presentable and usuable. I bet if you went to SBC with a pile of used banknotes you wouldn't need to pay the full £15,000 he is advertising it at

Green Bus bought all those buses from Abellio in basically a dealer capacity in as withdrawn condition

PM

And i was reading something in route one saying that essentially 121 was completely knackered-that is why it was chosen for the work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk