News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well not really, that's where they make the most money

Tony

I'm not sure spending that sort of money on a 12 year old trident will be good value for money. Green Bus obviously think it is. The vehicle is actually ex Travel London V324 KGW

andy

I would be frightened to death to let anyone on, let alone a load of kids!!

andyr

There comes a time when you can no longer throw money @12 year old buses! Its ex London and if there was any chance of it being cost effective for this sort of refurbishment then tfl would be allowing there bus operators to put them out to tender on tfl work! It looks nice but ots an old,tired,worn out bus that is well past its best! The old saying "MUTTON dreesed as LAMB"

andy

Quote from: andyr on November 07, 2012, 07:23:27 PM
There comes a time when you can no longer throw money @12 year old buses! Its ex London and if there was any chance of it being cost effective for this sort of refurbishment then tfl would be allowing there bus operators to put them out to tender on tfl work! It looks nice but ots an old,tired,worn out bus that is well past its best! The old saying "MUTTON dreesed as LAMB"

I think it's a bit more impressive than that. And if it's had substantial mechanical overhaul aswell, why shouldn't it go on for another 7 or 8 years?

nx4737

They've probably spent more on it than it's worth!

JackC

Regardless of price and value for money, it is a fantastic looking interior.

Tony

Quote from: JackC on November 07, 2012, 08:07:35 PM

A before and after of the exterior will appear on the main site in about 5 minutes

Eric Shaw

I was told by someone on the stand at the show that it was to be used for private hire.

Wolfman

I've been on the Greenbus service 125 to town on a Metrobus. Not since 2007 have I been on one (126 route) going down brim new rd and its been just over 2 yrs since I've rid on a Metrobus.

What a ride.
What happened to free speech?

JackC

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2012, 08:19:48 PM
Quote from: JackC on November 07, 2012, 08:07:35 PM

A before and after of the exterior will appear on the main site in about 5 minutes

I thought they'd changed the front indicators. Pictures confirm that. Looks like the headlamps have been changed too?

andyr

Impeessive yes!  cost effective? Cost to buy vehicle £---? Cost of refurd £-++? Life  span of vehicle ? I do not think it can add up, its a time expired old bus that could not possibly justify this kind of investment. How many years to repay this investment?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well the Trident is 12 years old and Green Bus are regularly using Metrobuses that are 24 years old, so by that maths, the Trident's got another 12 years left still!!

PM

Should surely be recouped in 8 years or so on school work and lots of private hires. Plus a flagship bus for the company to show pictures of to get more people to travel with them

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Peter123 on November 07, 2012, 09:52:34 PM
Should surely be recouped in 8 years or so on school work and lots of private hires. Plus a flagship bus for the company to show pictures of to get more people to travel with them
Totally agree, will be used for all the advertising work, my only wonder now is whether they'll stick a Private plate on it, TGB 1 or 1 TGB or something, or if there really trying and its not taken 121 TGB! We'll see, because as long as you remove the V plate no one will know outside the bus enthusiasts how old it is

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk