News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ellspurs on March 10, 2020, 03:29:22 AM
Not seen a full 14 on the route outside of peak hours, so I dunno if the additional capacity is warranted.
I have seen it full outside of peak hours leaving the City Centre in the afternoon, plenty of times.
Quote from: ellspurs on March 10, 2020, 03:29:22 AM
The 55 (and 26) got took off Alum Rock Road as there was too many delays caused by the parking of the people using the road.
Maybe it could operate as a separate 15 service - every 20 minutes, then it won't cause any problems on the 55.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 10, 2020, 07:05:39 AM
I'd revise the PN2 so it'd run every 15, with alternate off peak 2A buses being replaced by service 2, and the 2A running direct via Ashenhurst Road and then to Eve Hill, with the 5 diverting via Middlepark Road and Corbyn Road

I'd also tweak the PN7 so the evening shorts run as a 7A direct from Lye Cross to Stourbridge via the 9 route instead of terminating at Wynall, which would also be useful for if drivers needed a PNB as Stourbridge has staff facilities. To do this, Lye High Street would not be served on these journeys as the 7A from Merry Hill would turn right at Lye Cross

Finally I would split the 8 at Stourbridge and have Wollaston served by a route which would interwork with the xx05 28s during the daytime and run self contained at night as part of the 9 rota.
So where would the extra buses go to if the 2 gets reduced?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 10, 2020, 09:14:26 AM
So where would the extra buses go to if the 2 gets reduced?

The 2 would actually get an off peak increase which would require an extra bus (nick a trident to cover that board with a E200 off it running off to cover evening Wollaston Farms?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on March 10, 2020, 07:47:53 AM
I have seen it full outside of peak hours leaving the City Centre in the afternoon, plenty of times.Maybe it could operate as a separate 15 service - every 20 minutes, then it won't cause any problems on the 55.
i put reintroduce the 55A and take it that way or we could introduce a whole new 15 route to Erdington providing a link as well as the 11 to fox and goose and to alum rock I think it would be a good route via alum rock highfield road dress lane and bromford lane and get it to terminate at six ways island
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Busboy105

Quote from: SK68MEV on March 10, 2020, 06:17:08 PM
i put reintroduce the 55A and take it that way or we could introduce a whole new 15 route to Erdington providing a link as well as the 11 to fox and goose and to alum rock I think it would be a good route via alum rock highfield road dress lane and bromford lane and get it to terminate at six ways island
What's the point in that? Ward End is well served by a higher in frequency 11 Outer Circle plus there are faster routes to Erdington from town (X3,X4,X5)

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 10, 2020, 06:58:55 PM
What's the point in that? Ward End is well served by a higher in frequency 11 Outer Circle plus there are faster routes to Erdington from town (X3,X4,X5)
Think he means a Washwood Heath/Alum Rock to Erdington link.
At present you have to change at Ward End on the 55/94 or Stechford on the 14.
No idea if there's much demand for a direct link to Erdington.

Though didn't understand the route personally as Fox and Goose was mentioned.
Maybe means Alum Rock Road, Highfield Road, Washwood Heath Road, Bromford Lane, then 11 route to Erdington. And also linking the Bromford Lane area to City Centre.

If he meant Drews Lane as a connection to the 11. That doesn't sound a better connection than changing from the 14 onto the 28. Maybe a bit worse as you have to cross the dual carriageway, at least the 14 and 28 stop at the same stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Quote from: 2206 on March 10, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

Maybe means Alum Rock Road, Highfield Road, Washwood Heath Road, Bromford Lane, then 11 route to Erdington. And also linking the Bromford Lane area to City Centre.

If he meant Drews Lane as a connection to the 11. That doesn't sound a better connection than changing from the 14 onto the 28. Maybe a bit worse as you have to cross the dual carriageway, at least the 14 and 28 stop at the same stop.
Don't think there is a demand for a direct link to Erdington. Like I said, the 11 is a good link to Erdington from Ward End. Also I don't think sending down a bus through Highfield Road is a good idea now. It's been almost 10 years since the 26 was withdrawn. If NX wanted to send a route down there, they would have already.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on March 10, 2020, 07:00:22 PM

I meant it going down dress lane and left onto bromford lane
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Kevin

I'd amend the 1A to turn off onto Pershore Road instead of Bristol Road, and run via Selly Park, Raddlebarn Road and Selly Oak to the QE instead. Granted this should probably wait until the whole junction at Selly Oak is remodelled and likely to require an extra vehicle but just a thought
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MasterPlan

Quote from: Kevin on March 14, 2020, 09:43:54 AM
I'd amend the 1A to turn off onto Pershore Road instead of Bristol Road, and run via Selly Park, Raddlebarn Road and Selly Oak to the QE instead. Granted this should probably wait until the whole junction at Selly Oak is remodelled and likely to require an extra vehicle but just a thought

Why?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Busboy105

Quote from: Kevin on March 14, 2020, 09:43:54 AM
That would be even worse considering the traffic situation at Selly Oak. Plus that part is served by the 76 anyway which operates at a higher frequency than the 1A.

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 14, 2020, 10:42:35 AM
Why?

Better links for the Selly Park and Raddlebarn Road areas.
Current route of the 1A doesn't really provide much other than the link to uni/QE, this would just be building on that and providing more useful links for student populations and the new housing on the old Selly Oak Hospital site

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 14, 2020, 11:24:17 AM
That would be even worse considering the traffic situation at Selly Oak. Plus that part is served by the 76 anyway which operates at a higher frequency than the 1A.

That's why I suggested after the remodeling of the junction. This route would take it to the end of Raddlebarn Road and over the Bristol Road from Oak Tree Lane instead of the old 76 route where the worst of the traffic is. Yes the 76 briefly touches Raddlebarn Road but heads down the Bournbrook area
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 14, 2020, 11:24:17 AM

No, it doesn't, both routes are every 20 minutes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SO6597

I'd imagine it's unlikely that NXWM would run a service along the length of Raddlebarn Road given the congestion issues that occur during the rush hour periods.
However, the suggestion has prompted me to wonder whether the 1A and/or 76 may be routed through Selly Oak once the current roadworks are completed - a bus gate turning left from the widened Harborne Lane onto the city-bound carriageway of the Bristol Road is in the plans and 3 shelters have already been erected outside the old Sainsbury's store. As things stand only the 61/63/144 would serve these.

BH2004

I would change the PN5, PN5A, WN15, WN15A, PNX10

5 Would replace the 5A doing the full route between Dudley and Wall Heath
5A would be Withdrawn
15 would run the current route till Kingswinford and wot would terminate are Manor Park
15A would be renumbered 21 and run Every hour every day on the current 15A route to Wolverhampton
I would Extend the X10 to replace the 15 between Kingswinford to Wolverhampton. No longer serving Gornal Wood. It will run with Platinums

5 and 15 run by PN
21 and X10 run by WN

5 - Dudley - Pensnett - Wall Heath Every 60 Mins
15 Merry Hill - Bromley - Kingswinford Manor Park. Every 20 Mins
21 Merry Hill - Bromley - Kingswinford - A449 - Spring Hill - Wolverhampton. Every 60 Mins
X10 Birmingham - Hagley Road - Halesowen - Cradley Heath - Merry Hill - Russles Hall Hospital - Kingswinford - Wombourne  - Spring Hill - Wolverhampton. Every 20 Mins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk