News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on March 01, 2020, 12:19:28 PM
There are no stops around there though.
So as far as i'm aware it doesn't stop on Ventor Avenue? And you can't board the service there? @Simon Dunn is this correct?
And I doubt a lot of people in the area are even aware of the exsistence of the 25 service, to be honest.

The Diamond website shows the bus goes straight down Coleshill Road then up Ventor Avenue, with the first stop on Collingbourne Avenue.
The West Midlands Network map shows the bus going up Brockhurst Road/Madison Avenue/Ventor Avenue.

Which of those is right?

The 98 used to do Hail and Ride on Brockhurst Road when it went up there, if the 25 goes up there now is this no longer the case?

The stops on Burney Lane are only round the corner from the stops on Stechford Lane surely. Google Maps tells me an extra minutes walk.

I looked on Google at that, and at the deeper points of Cotterills Lane (by the double roundabout) it would be further away from the bus stops on Stechford Lane. Although, that they don't seem to rigidly follow that any more, it doesn't really matter.

Quote from: ellspurs on March 01, 2020, 12:30:28 PM
The Diamond website shows the bus goes straight down Coleshill Road then up Ventor Avenue, with the first stop on Collingbourne Avenue.
The West Midlands Network map shows the bus going up Brockhurst Road/Madison Avenue/Ventor Avenue.

Which of those is right?

The 98 used to do Hail and Ride on Brockhurst Road when it went up there, if the 25 goes up there now is this no longer the case?

Think the Diamond Website is correct I believe, as that's the route I've seen it use in the past.
And similarly strange that there it doesn't call at the stop outside Tesco on Coleshill Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

There are no stops around there though.
So as far as i'm aware it doesn't stop on Ventor Avenue? And you can't board the service there? @Simon Dunn is this correct please?
The last stop to get on the Diamond 25 is on Collingbourne Avenue by one of the side roads Standlake I believe & it doesn't stop then until the Fox & Goose (94/55 stop) & the same heading back to Erdington though it travels straight down Coleshill Road to the island  by the Hunters before turning on to Bromford Road then Collingbourne Ave for its first stop @2206 @ellspurs

Quote from: Squiz1971 on March 01, 2020, 12:39:14 PM
The last stop to get on the Diamond 25 is on Collingbourne Avenue by one of the side roads Standlake I believe & it doesn't stop then until the Fox & Goose (94/55 stop) & the same heading back to Erdington though it travels straight down Coleshill Road to the island  by the Hunters before turning on to Bromford Road then Collingbourne Ave for its first stop @2206
Thanks for the info.
Would be a good idea to change the service in that case.
I'm sure some would benefit if they knew the service existed. As running non-stop serves nobody.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Quote from: 2206 on March 01, 2020, 12:44:13 PM
Thanks for the info.
Would be a good idea to change the service in that case.
I'm sure some would benefit if they knew the service existed. As running non-stop serves nobody.
When I have used it as I live off Collingbourne & my Mom it is normally the elderly or the older generation that seem to use the 25

BusMan Greg

Just To clarify is the peak only X16 from Tamworth to Brum well used Particularly in the Kingsbury Area? If so Would it be worth extending the X70 to Kingsbury during the day? I heard the 116 really declined over the years hence it's withdrawal back in 2016. I know central buses tried to make it work by making it more direct but still it ended up being cut.

Busboy105

Quote from: BusMan Greg on March 01, 2020, 09:22:47 PM
Just To clarify is the peak only X16 from Tamworth to Brum well used Particularly in the Kingsbury Area? If so Would it be worth extending the X70 to Kingsbury during the day? I heard the 116 really declined over the years hence it's withdrawal back in 2016. I know central buses tried to make it work by making it more direct but still it ended up being cut.
Will you extend it from Chelmsley Wood to Kingsbury?

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 01, 2020, 10:19:23 PM
Will you extend it from Chelmsley Wood to Kingsbury?
I would divert one journey every hour via The Lichfield road in Water Orton which would lead to The Kingsbury Road. It would then reach Kingsbury itself and do a loop around the village which would leave the village on Piccadily Way. The X70 would then go direct to Coleshill via Station Road and Blythe Road. I would Number these Kingsbury journeys the 70 as it isn't as direct like the original X70.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on February 29, 2020, 11:20:21 PM
Maybe run the 14 via - Stechford Lane, Washwood Heath Road and Alum Rock Road. Instead of Burney Lane as well.
As stops at Stechford Lane and Alum Rock Road are very close to Burney Lane, I doubt many if anyone would be inconvenienced.
Might also gain a few extra passengers then creating a new link, to Fox and Goose. As very long walk down.
Never seen many people use the stop outside Washwood Heath School either.
what I would do is introduce a 14A which runs every 30 minutes providing a link to fox and goose from Stechford and kitts green and the way I would do is when it comes up to Burney Lane right into Stechford lane left at fox and goose stop at 28 stop that way passengers have a link to fox and goose from Stechford then on the way back there would be no point running it down alum rock road as there will be no stops anyway and take it up Burney lane like the 28 and 28A
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Busboy105

I would extend the BY17 to Chelmsley Wood. I never understood why it doesn't go all the way down there (the furthest it's been is Marston Green Station). Brings a new link to Chelmsley Wood via Yardley and Garretts Green. Or introduce a 17A that will run alongside the 17. The 17 struggles with overcrowding and reliability (that bit I will never understand. Doesn't run into traffic that often could be how much time they get at Birmingham and Tile Cross). I know that routes that run alongside the 17 don't last very long i.e. the 13,15 and the 73 but having lived on the route for over 10 years, something needs to happen to the route.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Busboy105 on March 08, 2020, 10:48:15 PM
I would extend the BY17 to Chelmsley Wood. I never understood why it doesn't go all the way down there (the furthest it's been is Marston Green Station). Brings a new link to Chelmsley Wood via Yardley and Garretts Green. Or introduce a 17A that will run alongside the 17. The 17 struggles with overcrowding and reliability (that bit I will never understand. Doesn't run into traffic that often could be how much time they get at Birmingham and Tile Cross). I know that routes that run alongside the 17 don't last very long i.e. the 13,15 and the 73 but having lived on the route for over 10 years, something needs to happen to the route.
I'm sorry I don't agree with extending the 17 to Chelmsley Wood, it make reliability even worse, I lived on the route for 23 years (1970-1993) and I went on the 17 a few weeks ago and what I noticed was a lot more parked (not all sensibly either) cars making manoeuvring a lot more difficult. Garretts Green is linked to Chelmsley Wood by the 72, Yardley was linked by the old 590 (previously 59 and 161/171 before that) it never carried much. To be honest I would consider terminating some of the 17's at The Radleys.

sonic84

Well I was also thinking that if it struggles to cope the introduction of some timetabled 17E journeys are the answer.

SK68MEV

Bring the 55A back but on the way to city take it down bromford lane at fox and goose then onto drews lane right onto washwood Heath road then a left onto highfield road then right onto alum rock road so there is a service supporting the 14 there and then same way as normal 55 into city
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

Quote from: SK68MEV on March 09, 2020, 09:09:50 PM
Bring the 55A back but on the way to city take it down bromford lane at fox and goose then onto drews lane right onto washwood Heath road then a left onto highfield road then right onto alum rock road so there is a service supporting the 14 there and then same way as normal 55 into city

The 55 (and 26) got took off Alum Rock Road as there was too many delays caused by the parking of the people using the road.

Not seen a full 14 on the route outside of peak hours, so I dunno if the additional capacity is warranted.

the trainbasher

I'd revise the PN2 so it'd run every 15, with alternate off peak 2A buses being replaced by service 2, and the 2A running direct via Ashenhurst Road and then to Eve Hill, with the 5 diverting via Middlepark Road and Corbyn Road

I'd also tweak the PN7 so the evening shorts run as a 7A direct from Lye Cross to Stourbridge via the 9 route instead of terminating at Wynall, which would also be useful for if drivers needed a PNB as Stourbridge has staff facilities. To do this, Lye High Street would not be served on these journeys as the 7A from Merry Hill would turn right at Lye Cross

Finally I would split the 8 at Stourbridge and have Wollaston served by a route which would interwork with the xx05 28s during the daytime and run self contained at night as part of the 9 rota.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk