News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 18, 2017, 09:37:04 AM
I've noticed that the next stop announcement declares that the bus runs non stop from City to Bromford as it leaves Birmingham

Just experienced this on 6710 into city. Made me wonder why the effort putting the announcement there when it would make more sense announcing something at the old Clock Garage stop, because at least then there's an easier opportunity to change onto a local route, Farnhurst Road you just have the 11
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

karl724223

X96 and X10 fully platinum today first time in ages I think

Michael Bevan

Looks like the Platinum's with advert frames have had vinyls stuck on the side advertising features of Platinum such as Free Wi-Fi, extra legroom or USB sockets (on the Voith one's).

markcf83

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 14, 2017, 03:07:39 PM
Looks like the Platinum's with advert frames have had vinyls stuck on the side advertising features of Platinum such as Free Wi-Fi, extra legroom or USB sockets (on the Voith one's).

......when the plug sockets on them work,that is.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Trident 4194

Is the x10 the most common route to not be fully platinum operated?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 14, 2017, 07:49:43 PM
Is the x10 the most common route to not be fully platinum operated?
The platinum X12 has Gemini on it most days @Trident 4194
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Happens most days as said before there are only enough platinums to cover the x10 if one platinum is unavailable then an standard MMC covers. Same goes for the Suttons I have seen a few days when the odd pretenda-platinum Gemini goes on them.

End of the day I think NX rather a substitute pretenda-platinum goes on to the route than a lose of revenue without running that board.

BC has the E400 4781/2/5 on stand by for X1/2
PN has their MMC and maybe a B7rle on stand by
AG has the Geminis on standby for the x12
WA have e400s and b7rles if needed
WN have a surplus of platinums hence the odd one or two sneak on the 255 sometimes failing the surplus the odd non compliant Trident which Tony has stated they can use if no other "emissions compliant" buses are available
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Quote from: Chris on July 14, 2017, 08:19:06 PM
BC has the E400 4781/2/5 on stand by for X1/2
From what I've seen they don't really get on there very often anymore.

Also what do you mean by on standby, surely they don't have them all parked up waiting to go out specifically for when theres no platinums available, or one breaks down?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

As in if a platinum is not available they will use that type instead
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk