News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Brummie45 on June 16, 2017, 02:12:30 PM
6701 next stop working as well.

Also gained unlimited bus travel for under £2 per day on upper deck front windows
It's working on 6702 as well.

The unlimited bus travel for under £2 on the upper deck front window isn't new and it's had it since January.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on June 16, 2017, 05:46:20 PM
I stand to be corrected but I think the X10 was fully platinum today 6712 ex rear  Rta damage back on the road @Tony

Well the full platinum x10 didn't last long

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 17, 2017, 04:44:23 PM
Well the full platinum x10 didn't last long

Pensnett only has enough platinums for route no spares. Rather have a bus show than have a 40 mins wait.

Maybe another platinum required attention...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: Chris on June 17, 2017, 05:42:24 PM
Pensnett only has enough platinums for route no spares. Rather have a bus show than have a 40 mins wait.

Maybe another platinum required attention...

Every bus has to have an inspection every 28 days as well, so each bus is going to be missing once a month even if it is running to 100% availability

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Brummie45 on June 16, 2017, 02:12:30 PM
6701 next stop working as well.

Also gained unlimited bus travel for under £2 per day on upper deck front windows

I've noticed that the next stop announcement declares that the bus runs non stop from City to Bromford as it leaves Birmingham. I think this is quite a good move from NX and I think it could be good to implement on other Platinum routes such as the X51? As I see a lot of people get on the X51 thinking it stops at the same stops as the other Platinum routes (934/5/6/7/A and 997/E) along Newtown Row.

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 18, 2017, 09:37:04 AM
I've noticed that the next stop announcement declares that the bus runs non stop from City to Bromford as it leaves Birmingham. I think this is quite a good move from NX and I think it could be good to implement on other Platinum routes such as the X51? As I see a lot of people get on the X51 thinking it stops at the same stops as the other Platinum routes (934/5/6/7/A and 997/E) along Newtown Row.

It's an interesting suggestion, however the announcement would need to be made before the bus sets off, in order to give passengers the chance to get off.

I did catch the X51 myself on Thursday, and was surprised at how few stops there were. No complaints from me though, got from city centre to the Scott Arms in just over 15 minutes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 18, 2017, 09:37:04 AM
It says,
"The next stop in Priory Queensway Birmingham City Centre, this bus will now run express, non stop to the City Centre where this bus will terminate, all change, all change"
and
"The next stop is Bromford Road, Bromford Lane, this bus will now run express, non stop to Bromford".
It announces it as the bus leaves the stop in the City Centre and on Farmhurst Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Other Walsall Tony

The other day I was on a City bound X51. When we stopped at Perry Avenue the driver used the PA to announce that the next stop would be Aston University and then waited a few seconds to see if anyone wanted to get off. Well done that man!
But could not the automatic system make a similar announcement before the stop at Perry Avenue, and not until the bus has left the stop as at present? A bit late then...
If the announcement was made at Walsall those joining the bus along the route would not hear it.
Tony

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 18, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
The other day I was on a City bound X51. When we stopped at Perry Avenue the driver used the PA to announce that the next stop would be Aston University and then waited a few seconds to see if anyone wanted to get off. Well done that man!
But could not the automatic system make a similar announcement before the stop at Perry Avenue, and not until the bus has left the stop as at present? A bit late then...
If the announcement was made at Walsall those joining the bus along the route would not hear it.

I'm on 6731 on the X51 from City at the moment and the driver has just done it at the Children's Hospital. Possibly the same one then. I suppose it saves the aggro when passengers come and start moaning when the bus doesn't stop in-between City and Perry Avenue.

Jack D

Just a quick one,

Ive noticed on X12 towards Solihull in smiths wood the bus announces Smiths Wood School when there is no stop and then chester road when there is no stop is that meant to happen. I think its because there is a stop towards City only.

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on June 22, 2017, 06:05:40 PM
Just a quick one,

Ive noticed on X12 towards Solihull in smiths wood the bus announces Smiths Wood School when there is no stop and then chester road when there is no stop is that meant to happen. I think its because there is a stop towards City only.

The stops are shown on the route page:
https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/Timetables/cen_33X12_A_H_y11/2/Outbound/0

Perhaps the to city stops show 'And Opposite'?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Brummie45

Quote from: Stu on June 22, 2017, 06:50:16 PM
The stops are shown on the route page:
https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com/Timetables/cen_33X12_A_H_y11/2/Outbound/0

Perhaps the to city stops show 'And Opposite'?

There's not even and opposite on the stops towards Birmingham either by Smiths Wood School.

Towards Solihull there is a stop at Woodoecker Grove then the next one is on the Chester Road.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

karl724223

Rules for platinum drivers have been relaxed   drivers don't have to wear a tie in the summer months now and they can have the top button of their shirt undone

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on June 23, 2017, 04:15:25 PM
Rules for platinum drivers have been relaxed   drivers don't have to wear a tie in the summer months now and they can have the top button of their shirt undone

What are you? Attending secondary school again?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 23, 2017, 04:18:32 PM
What are you? Attending secondary school again?

If you ever get into the real world you will find all employers have some rules. Part of the reason for the Secondary school regime is to actually get people into the mind set that employers want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk