News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

I think it's great to see the Bristol Rd finally getting some new buses as it is one of the main BC corridors yet still has their oldest buses on it. Maybe these Platinums will directly replace some Y reg tridents?

And I agree there with you GeminiFan, the first Platinum routes were good choices but now I think it's worn off a bit and there's going to be too many Platinum routes, I would prefer more gold routes

Stu

I disagree, I think there's plenty of room for more Platinum routes, they still make up just a small percentage of all the routes across the West Midlands. But any further Platinum routes should continue to be 'key' corridor routes; I think the 966 is a sensible choice, providing the north-south link from the Airport & NEC to Chelmsley Wood and Solihull, complementing the east-west link that the 900 provides between Birmingham and Coventry.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on July 01, 2016, 05:49:51 PM
I disagree, I think there's plenty of room for more Platinum routes, they still make up just a small percentage of all the routes across the West Midlands. But any further Platinum routes should continue to be 'key' corridor routes; I think the 966 is a sensible choice, providing the north-south link from the Airport & NEC to Chelmsley Wood and Solihull, complementing the east-west link that the 900 provides between Birmingham and Coventry.

Completely agree Stu. I think the routes that have been chosen are key in one way or another, I.e. Express, high frequency, key links
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 01, 2016, 06:32:28 PM
Completely agree Stu. I think the routes that have been chosen are key in one way or another, I.e. Express, high frequency, key links

Do we think the 9 will go Platinum?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2016, 06:38:26 PM
Do we think the 9 will go Platinum?

I wouldn't think so

Stu

I would also consider the 4/H/M as a potential Platinum route, not happening this year, but perhaps within the next couple of years - it may not be an express route, but does provide a key link between Walsall, West Brom, Oldbury and Blackheath, as well as on to Halesowen and Merry Hill.
My locals:

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on July 01, 2016, 06:50:17 PM
I would also consider the 4/H/M as a potential Platinum route, not happening this year, but perhaps within the next couple of years - it may not be an express route, but does provide a key link between Walsall, West Brom, Oldbury and Blackheath, as well as on to Halesowen and Merry Hill.

With Platinum single deckers?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 01, 2016, 06:55:38 PM
With Platinum single deckers?

Of course, Arriva do single-deck Sapphire routes, so why not have Platinum-spec E200MMCs?
My locals:

danny

Is there not a reason if the 4 series of routes couldn't be double decker??? From my observations and using the route regularly it seems to get decent loadings, and from what I have seen of both the 4/4M (I have little use for the 4H beyond Blackheath) the route doesn't seem to pass under any low bridges. Just curious.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

John

Quote from: danny on July 02, 2016, 10:21:50 AM
Is there not a reason if the 4 series of routes couldn't be double decker??? From my observations and using the route regularly it seems to get decent loadings, and from what I have seen of both the 4/4M (I have little use for the 4H beyond Blackheath) the route doesn't seem to pass under any low bridges. Just curious.

No obvious reason not to. Boxing day service sees deckers on the 4

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 01, 2016, 02:40:14 PM
I like the idea of a Platinum Gemini 3 at AG for the 966.

As much as I agree with you, I doubt that'll happen. The E400 MMC are the same as the E200MMC cab wise and obviously many more parts will be the same. Introducing the E400 at AG is not quite the same as introducing a whole new vehicle make/model as its so similar.

It's a shame, couple years ago AG and WB were the only "anti ADL" garages.

Sh4318

Quote from: danny on July 02, 2016, 10:21:50 AM

Perhaps the frequency wouldn't be so high if it was regular deckers

Tony

Quote from: MW on July 02, 2016, 02:25:48 PM
As much as I agree with you, I doubt that'll happen. The E400 MMC are the same as the E200MMC cab wise and obviously many more parts will be the same. Introducing the E400 at AG is not quite the same as introducing a whole new vehicle make/model as its so similar.

It's a shame, couple years ago AG and WB were the only "anti ADL" garages.

WB has some some for many years, it had darts 3601-14 before it had 4950 upwards

MW

Quote from: Tony on July 02, 2016, 03:35:47 PM
WB has some some for many years, it had darts 3601-14 before it had 4950 upwards

Oh yeah I forgot about that. A better way to put it would be that AG/WB were the more Volvo based garages. The ALX400s, forgot about them too lol

BK63 YWP

Would like to see the Pink Branding (platinum styled) retained for the 529, return of the purple branding for the 126. X10 maybe yellow? Bristol Road could have red? And the Coventry Road express shade of green to match 957 and 900. What are people's verdict for the new Platinum's branding
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk