News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Chris on July 06, 2016, 09:58:44 PM
Would like to see the Pink Branding (platinum styled) retained for the 529, return of the purple branding for the 126. X10 maybe yellow? Bristol Road could have red? And the Coventry Road express shade of green to match 957 and 900. What are people's verdict for the new Platinum's branding

I think the colour of the branding should be considered very carefully, given the darker shades of black and grey used in the livery. It needs to be easy on the eye, so they may steer clear of brighter colours
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dom

I've said it ever since it was said that Platinums for the 126 and 529 I have said I'd love to see purple branding back on the 126, it'd need to be quite a dark shade of purple though, dark shade of pink as well.

Mike K

Quote from: Chris on July 06, 2016, 09:58:44 PM
Would like to see the Pink Branding (platinum styled) retained for the 529, return of the purple branding for the 126. X10 maybe yellow? Bristol Road could have red? And the Coventry Road express shade of green to match 957 and 900. What are people's verdict for the new Platinum's branding

Was it not posted some time back that the plan was for all routes along key corridors to share the same branding colours (33, 93x and 997 are green, 35 and 50 are blue etc). So would that mean yet more green for the X10 and possibly the 126? I would assume the 529 will stay pink and the 960 will be green (again).
The Bristol Road used to be red but not many corridors have kept their original route branding colours.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on July 06, 2016, 10:19:14 PM
Was it not posted some time back that the plan was for all routes along key corridors to share the same branding colours (33, 93x and 997 are green, 35 and 50 are blue etc). So would that mean yet more green for the X10 and possibly the 126? I would assume the 529 will stay pink and the 960 will be green (again).
The Bristol Road used to be red but not many corridors have kept their original route branding colours.

Nope, although it would've been nice to see the Pershore Road branded in that off-pale green again. Orange has never went well with red.

Is anyone else gobsmacked the Bristol is going platinum? Newer Enviros I suppose if you HAVE to spend money but a
Platinum? Those leatherette seats will be carved up on the first day. And you know for a fact that little emergency window poppers will be activated.

Very shocked even still.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Squiz1971

Quote from: Dom on July 06, 2016, 10:05:14 PM
I've said it ever since it was said that Platinums for the 126 and 529 I have said I'd love to see purple branding back on the 126, it'd need to be quite a dark shade of purple though, dark shade of pink as well.
the 71/72 shade of purple branding or even darker than that

Dom

Quote from: Squiz1971 on July 07, 2016, 10:59:38 AM
the 71/72 shade of purple branding or even darker than that

@Squiz1971 A little bit darker. I'll make a mock up at some point and put in on my flickr.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Dom on July 07, 2016, 11:15:09 AM
@Squiz1971 A little bit darker. I'll make a mock up at some point and put in on my flickr.
As the original 126 branding was more like a lilac than a purple (metrobus or Trident)

B.C Driver

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 07, 2016, 02:21:56 AM
Nope, although it would've been nice to see the Pershore Road branded in that off-pale green again. Orange has never went well with red.

Is anyone else gobsmacked the Bristol is going platinum? Newer Enviros I suppose if you HAVE to spend money but a
Platinum? Those leatherette seats will be carved up on the first day. And you know for a fact that little emergency window poppers will be activated.

Very shocked even still.

A bit of an exaggeration. The Bristol Rd has had 4940 etc from when they were brand new. And also the twilight 63 is always an Enviro. Also had 4355 etc brand new and don't recall anything bad happening.
Anyhow, from what I can gather is that there will be one Bristol Rd express route (maybe similar to 964). And it is this route that will be Platinum. Leaving the 61 and 63 to run along side. I maybe wrong though.
I still dont think the Bristol Rd is suitable for an express route, it's been tried before. Take the 907, 934, 935, 936, 937, 997 X51 for example, they make full use of the long bus lane in Newtown, then an underpass at 6 ways, a flyover by Trinity Rd, underpass at Perry Barr, flyover by UCE.
That's 2 underpasses and 2 flyovers. The Bristol Rd doesnt have any! The express route would be taking the same route as the 61 and 63 and be stuck in the same traffic.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Squiz1971

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 07, 2016, 12:01:10 PM
A bit of an exaggeration. The Bristol Rd has had 4940 etc from when they were brand new. And also the twilight 63 is always an Enviro. Also had 4355 etc brand new and don't recall anything bad happening.
Anyhow, from what I can gather is that there will be one Bristol Rd express route (maybe similar to 964). And it is this route that will be Platinum. Leaving the 61 and 63 to run along side. I maybe wrong though.
I still dont think the Bristol Rd is suitable for an express route, it's been tried before. Take the 907, 934, 935, 936, 937, 997 X51 for example, they make full use of the long bus lane in Newtown, then an underpass at 6 ways, a flyover by Trinity Rd, underpass at Perry Barr, flyover by UCE.
That's 2 underpasses and 2 flyovers. The Bristol Rd doesnt have any! The express route would be taking the same route as the 61 and 63 and be stuck in the same traffic.
They could also re-instate the old 963 to Gannow via Rubery etc as well. Any express service could take the Northfield By-Pass which may make some time up it might not save much but there is that option to take into account @Bham Central Driver

B.C Driver

True Squiz, but by using Northfield bypass it is missing out the main shopping area, and I dont think the council would want buses stopping on the bypass...
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Squiz1971

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 07, 2016, 12:45:59 PM
True Squiz, but by using Northfield bypass it is missing out the main shopping area, and I dont think the council would want buses stopping on the bypass...
They could stop by Sainsbury's/Black Horse Pub & by the Bell Pub is it in & outbound then people can walk to Northfield High Street (Bristol Road) though the OAP's may struggle with that I guess

Tony

Anyone who gets a chance to look at Coach & Bus week this week there is a picture of 6761 under construction on page 18

Jack6101

Just had a look and does it have different rims
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 09, 2016, 08:52:20 PM
Just had a look and does it have different rims

It tells you it does in the photo caption!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2016, 08:58:29 PM
It tells you it does in the photo caption!

I haven't got the magazine so will these "rims" be used in service?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk