News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

This weeks staff business gives the other routes going Platinum

Other new Platinum buses will be coming later this year to:
Pensnett (for a new express route to Merry Hill)
Perry Barr (for several Sutton routes)
Birmingham Central (for a new Bristol Road express and new Coventry Road express)
Acocks Green (for a revamped 966)

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 01, 2016, 10:14:51 AM
This weeks staff business gives the other routes going Platinum

Other new Platinum buses will be coming later this year to:
Pensnett (for a new express route to Merry Hill)
Perry Barr (for several Sutton routes)
Birmingham Central (for a new Bristol Road express and new Coventry Road express)
Acocks Green (for a revamped 966)

I'm presuming the 'new express route to Merry Hill' is the X10, unless something else is in the pipeline?

And the 'new Coventry Road express' is the proposed 960, so this has been decided already then?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

pb2012

Bristol road express 961 or 963???????

BK63 YWP

Several Sutton routes? 902/4/5/7/14?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dom

Quote from: Chris on July 01, 2016, 10:53:55 AM

77 since it is moving to Perry Barr?

Kevin

Quote from: Stu on July 01, 2016, 10:36:49 AM
I'm presuming the 'new express route to Merry Hill' is the X10, unless something else is in the pipeline?

And the 'new Coventry Road express' is the proposed 960, so this has been decided already then?

My thoughts exactly. Why bother pretending to consider the public's views when you've already allocated new deliveries to these "proposed" new services?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 01, 2016, 10:36:49 AM

No. Extra fast buses are needed to cope with passenger numbers, if the 960 is rejected then extra buses will be put on another way, so BC still need these new buses

markcf83

Quote from: Chris on July 01, 2016, 10:53:55 AM

I would have thought the 902/4/5/14 definitely. Not too sure about the 907 though.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Dom on July 01, 2016, 11:35:24 AM
77 since it is moving to Perry Barr?

77 isn't going on the Sutton rota. It's going with the 38.

B.C Driver

The Bristol Rd has had its fair share of express routes over the recent years. 64, ,963, 964, 961, 949.

The trouble with the Bristol Rd, compared to say the 907 route for example is that the 907, previously 107 has plenty of underpasses and flyovers to make an express route work. The 904 etc use the expressway, again ideal (when its not congested!).
There's nothing like that on the Bristol Rd, so it will get stuck in the same traffic as the 61 and 63. And not stopping at stops it passes that the 61 and 63 use results in passenger arguements.
I've always thought the junction of Bristol St and Belgrave Rd would have been ideal for a flyover.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

John

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 01, 2016, 01:11:19 PM
77 isn't going on the Sutton rota. It's going with the 38.

It says 'several Sutton routes'. It Doesn't say Birmingham to Sutton routes though

Quote from: markcf83 on July 01, 2016, 12:43:28 PM
I would have thought the 902/4/5/14 definitely. Not too sure about the 907 though.

I really don't think the 907 will be included. I wonder if this will be the end of 907/914 late night interworking. The 914 deserves to go Platinum, I was slowly changing my views to think that we would get Platinum buses either this or next year, just something different from Enviro400 MMCs would be nice!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: John on July 01, 2016, 01:24:04 PM
It says 'several Sutton routes'. It Doesn't say Birmingham to Sutton routes though

I really don't think the 907 will be included. I wonder if this will be the end of 907/914 late night interworking. The 914 deserves to go Platinum, I was slowly changing my views to think that we would get Platinum buses either this or next year, just something different from Enviro400 MMCs would be nice!

I personally think that only the 902/4/5 should go Platinum as it helps compete directly with Arriva's 110.

I personally feel as though with the more routes going Platinum the more the uniqueness wears off.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

Quote from: John on July 01, 2016, 01:24:04 PM

Which is where ny idea about the 77. With it getting spare platinums at WA, due to it moving to pb would be understandable if it does become platinum.

B.C Driver

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on July 01, 2016, 02:13:32 PM
I personally think that only the 902/4/5 should go Platinum as it helps compete directly with Arriva's 110.

I personally feel as though with the more routes going Platinum the more the uniqueness wears off.

Totally agree GeminiFan.

Still not convinced 'Platinum' feels right. Couldn't they have done 'Gold' routes, as this stands out far more. The Platinum colour is dull looking to me. And after all, gold is the most precious of metals.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 01, 2016, 02:29:52 PM
Totally agree GeminiFan.

Still not convinced 'Platinum' feels right. Couldn't they have done 'Gold' routes, as this stands out far more. The Platinum colour is dull looking to me. And after all, gold is the most precious of metals.

I actually get the Platinum status. Arriva have Sapphire, Stagecoach have Gold so National Express choosing Platinum seems good and logical.

I think the first round of Platinum routes were good and they made sense although I feel as though it's being somewhat milked. My only only wish is that I would love another vehicle type to get the Platinum treatment. I like the idea of a Platinum Gemini 3 at AG for the 966.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk