News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I'm not sure if they back yet, but it believe Falkirk were on summer shut down. Deliveries will commence when back at work.

BU07 LGO

I haven't noticed anymore

don

Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2015, 11:40:48 AM
I'm not sure if they back yet, but it believe Falkirk were on summer shut down. Deliveries will commence when back at work.

Tony's post suggests some should be due around now - the two week shutdown was at the beginning of July, so they would have been back a week ago last Monday.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=53.msg149969#msg149969
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on July 23, 2015, 12:28:52 PM
Tony's post suggests some should be due around now - the two week shutdown was at the beginning of July, so they would have been back a week ago last Monday.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=53.msg149969#msg149969

Yes hopefully more this week

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2015, 12:59:41 PM
Yes hopefully more this week

Any news on the ones that had oil leaks Tony?

suavegarv

Has the Wi-Fi policy changed?. When I signed on, I was asked for my name,email and route number {957}instead of just clicking the "confirm" button. I was only the bus for less than 5 minutes (between Moor Street and Park Street) and I was logged off with a message saying "I've used up my data allowance"!!. Dodgy Wi-Fi connection on bus 6713 maybe?

Gareth

I used the wifi on 6705 on the first day in service weeks ago. I had to sign in with route number and email address

James4368

Quote from: Gareth on August 04, 2015, 08:25:36 AM
I used the wifi on 6705 on the first day in service weeks ago. I had to sign in with route number and email address
@Gareth
when its first time you've used their wifi you will be able to use it anytime you want when riding 900 or 957
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Stu

Quote from: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/welcome-to-platinumPlease note that Wi-Fi on our Platinum buses has a personal daily download limit.

And yes, the first time you use the service you have to 'sign up' by providing your email address, but then it should remember you next time, at least it does on Chiltern Railways (same provider).

Do also bear in mind that as it is a 'free' service, it is not a secured connection, so I'd be vary about doing things like online banking. It's fine for checking emails, social media accounts and light web-browsing, but don't expect to be able to stream Eastenders in HD.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Seems to be a quirk with the X51 journeys from Cannock, when you get a bus with the public address system working, when it gets to Walsall, it jumps from announcing Walsall Bus  Station to announcing the Six Ways stop before it even gets to the Bus Station!

GPS maybe?

BK63 YWP

Just a thought, would Coventry get a 'platinum' route? Or would they brand the premium service different maybe NXC Diamond (darker blue with a silver strip?)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: Chris on February 14, 2016, 09:11:30 PM
Just a thought, would Coventry get a 'platinum' route? Or would they brand the premium service different maybe NXC Diamond (darker blue with a silver strip?)

Or just Platinum with 'Coventry' instead of West Mids fleetname. I'd keep the exact same grey livery too.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Nathan on February 14, 2016, 09:21:41 PM
Or just Platinum with 'Coventry' instead of West Mids fleetname. I'd keep the exact same grey livery too.

Fair poinr was curious, maybe the 4 could be their platinum route to withdraw the bendis?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Hardly likely to use the name Diamond

tank90

Quote from: Tony on February 14, 2016, 09:37:21 PM
Hardly likely to use the name Diamond

No offence to Rotala, its not the standard to live up to......

Any way if you want a gem why not sapphire (I know Arriva use it but they aren't in the area), but regionalising the Platinum Livery would be a good idea, the Blue for Coventry the Green for Dundee and Crimson/Red for West Midlands (which is the current).

As for route, the 4 isn't such a good idea, the 12 which is a half way house might be a good idea and moving the buses there to the 4. But the Mercs are in my view a symbol of peace, a way of getting over the war and going forward stronger.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk