News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Platinum

Started by JoNi, October 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

monkeyjoe

BK63 YWP

94 platinum to please @monkeyjoe lol :)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

JoNi

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/0up3p5
6707 floor has build up of dirt  and dried stain on both sides upstairs at the front. Regrettably these "standards" have become more prevalent on 900 recently.

@JoNi - why don't you re-post it in the 'Oddities' thread, then hopefully it will get sorted

Liverpool Street

Quote from: JoNi on March 14, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/0up3p5
6707 floor has build up of dirt  and dried stain on both sides upstairs at the front. Regrettably these "standards" have become more prevalent on 900 recently.

@JoNi - why don't you re-post it in the 'Oddities' thread, then hopefully it will get sorted

Yep. Standard procedure. Don't blame the company though, blame the dirty buggers who use the service. I travelled on the 957 not so long ago and there was rubbish everywhere. And some yobs tried kicking the doors in.

I thought to myself "the company paid all this money for these buses and just look how the public treat them"

in my honest opinion I don't think any Birmingham routes should be platinum. The passengers simply do not deserve it
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Bususer79

So how do you come to that conclusion Liverpool Street? Trying not to sound blunt here but not everybody who has to use a bus is scum. Comments like yours are so typical.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bususer79 on March 15, 2016, 03:13:31 PM
So how do you come to that conclusion Liverpool Street? Trying not to sound blunt here but not everybody who has to use a bus is scum. Comments like yours are so typical.

And you wonder why

Treat the buses with respect and I could understand
But they don't
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on March 15, 2016, 06:34:24 PM
And you wonder why

Treat the buses with respect and I could understand
But they don't

Agreed they should ban eating and drinking for a start

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 15, 2016, 07:50:56 PM
Agreed they should ban eating and drinking for a start
I don't see how NX would be able to stop people eating and drinking on their buses. If they take there rubbish with them then I don't see anything wrong with it.
I think they should do something about smoking on buses though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Personally, I don't have a problem with people eating or drinking on buses, as long as they take their rubbish with them. I'm never normally on a bus long enough to even think about doing either, I'll usually wait until I get to where I'm going, or have something to eat before setting out. But even if I did, I wouldn't dream of just discarding my rubbish on the bus, I'd take it with me, and dispose of it in a bin when I got off.

It just boils down to people basically; I don't like tarring all people with the same brush, but I certainly do ask questions of people who think it is perfectly acceptable to leave half-eaten food and other litter on a bus seat that somebody else will have to use. Simple lack of respect, not just for other people, but for themselves too. And it makes you wonder what they're like at home, bet they wouldn't like it if I came round their house and tossed an empty cider can on their carpet or left chip wrappers on their sofa!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

@Stu, its the abundance of sucked-clean chicken bones that get me....
until it cought fire

BU07 LGO

6.11 - eating isn't allowed officially!

My mom was on the 50 the other day and said there was all spit all over the floor!

CL

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 15, 2016, 10:14:01 PM

My mom was on the 50 the other day and said there was all spit all over the floor!
Arguably, the fare table on the drivers cab door does state that you shouldn't bring any food/drink which may spill onto the bus - on board the bus; then again, arguments which may arise will be that this is not outruling all food/drink from the vehicle; or the general public moaning that they hadn't seen this notice at all...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 15, 2016, 10:14:01 PM

Why would anyone do that?!

They're worse than wild pigs
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

You could totally ban all eating & drinking, but what then do you about a people who needs to eat and drink for medical reasons, eg: someone with diabetes?

I do personally feel that hot food should be banned, the smell is awful and makes far more mess than cold food.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk