News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Where do you live and what buses do you use?

Started by JB93, July 29, 2014, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2014, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
I live in Cannock on the Longford estate, youve got the stupidly timed Select ( formerly arriva and previously midland and before that Warstone) 67 to wolves from my road. Further up into the estate the Arriva no 2 service operates to walsall daytimes only ( not for much longer apparently once it gets sapphired). About 10 mins walk around the corneryou have the 68 from by national tyres daytime & evenings, and the evening 2s to walsall. The select is lways run by and the arriva are often run by mpd darts. Apart from an evening when,  bizarrely they often put a full sized pulsar or commander on!

Your Lucky Bob. Hawks Green Estate where I live hasn't got any buses (Had TWM 345/349 when I moved in!) Not too far to walk to Cross Keys for 60/62, but I prefer to walk all the way to Hednesford for trains.

Hawks green tony? I always thought that was the estate by tesco? Withthe 33?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on October 01, 2014, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2014, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
I live in Cannock on the Longford estate, youve got the stupidly timed Select ( formerly arriva and previously midland and before that Warstone) 67 to wolves from my road. Further up into the estate the Arriva no 2 service operates to walsall daytimes only ( not for much longer apparently once it gets sapphired). About 10 mins walk around the corneryou have the 68 from by national tyres daytime & evenings, and the evening 2s to walsall. The select is lways run by and the arriva are often run by mpd darts. Apart from an evening when,  bizarrely they often put a full sized pulsar or commander on!

Your Lucky Bob. Hawks Green Estate where I live hasn't got any buses (Had TWM 345/349 when I moved in!) Not too far to walk to Cross Keys for 60/62, but I prefer to walk all the way to Hednesford for trains.

Hawks green tony? I always thought that was the estate by tesco? Withthe 33?

I'm right at the Hemlock Way end. The 60 stop at the Cross Keys is closer than the 33 at Tesco. The 345/349 used to go along Sidon Hill Way with a stop at the end of my road. The original 23 also went through

Bob

Did the 952 used to as well? Shame about those 345/349 they didn't seem to last. I remember it being one of the last times wmt attempted a big reorganisation of services.  There was a timetable booklet with all the cannock and Hednesford services on which was great. It oddly included the 51 if I remember correctly?  It also coincided with the 350 having deckers introduced due to using the higher of the two bridges at church bridge instead of the one the number 1 uses today?

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on October 02, 2014, 05:10:26 PM
Did the 952 used to as well? Shame about those 345/349 they didn't seem to last. I remember it being one of the last times wmt attempted a big reorganisation of services.  There was a timetable booklet with all the cannock and Hednesford services on which was great. It oddly included the 51 if I remember correctly?  It also coincided with the 350 having deckers introduced due to using the higher of the two bridges at church bridge instead of the one the number 1 uses today?

Got that leaflet, guessing it included the 51 as a "this is how you get to Birmingham once you get to Walsall" section
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk