News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Where do you live and what buses do you use?

Started by JB93, July 29, 2014, 03:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I live in Cannock on the Longford estate, youve got the stupidly timed Select ( formerly arriva and previously midland and before that Warstone) 67 to wolves from my road. Further up into the estate the Arriva no 2 service operates to walsall daytimes only ( not for much longer apparently once it gets sapphired). About 10 mins walk around the corneryou have the 68 from by national tyres daytime & evenings, and the evening 2s to walsall. The select is lways run by and the arriva are often run by mpd darts. Apart from an evening when,  bizarrely they often put a full sized pulsar or commander on!

old50niner

I live in Perry Beeches near the 952 Terminus.   Can use that, but prefer the 997 for a quicker ride to the City.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2014, 07:14:28 PM
I live in Cannock on the Longford estate, youve got the stupidly timed Select ( formerly arriva and previously midland and before that Warstone) 67 to wolves from my road. Further up into the estate the Arriva no 2 service operates to walsall daytimes only ( not for much longer apparently once it gets sapphired). About 10 mins walk around the corneryou have the 68 from by national tyres daytime & evenings, and the evening 2s to walsall. The select is lways run by and the arriva are often run by mpd darts. Apart from an evening when,  bizarrely they often put a full sized pulsar or commander on!

Your Lucky Bob. Hawks Green Estate where I live hasn't got any buses (Had TWM 345/349 when I moved in!) Not too far to walk to Cross Keys for 60/62, but I prefer to walk all the way to Hednesford for trains.

Stuharris 6360

I live in Stourbridge and the 288 passes my house 4/5 times a day Monday to Friday at present.

Years ago i could catch the 247/8 from the end of the road, but now they have gone, its just the 298/9 & 318, so no buses on Sunday.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sh4318

My area (being close to WB) is dominated by B7TL, go around the corner, there's Presidents, ALXs and Geminis (the best variety) on the 89 (with Darts and the odd Solo on the 55) and further down the road on the 83, walk up the road, you've got Geminis and ALXs on the 48 and 129. Walk 5 mins up the road, there's Tridents and Mercs on the 53 and B7RLEs on the 120, walk 10 minutes in the opposite direction, it's more B7TL, with the 80 and 87 in the form of Geminis and ALXs, oh, and Enviro 200s on the 46, Solos and Darts outside of my house on the 21
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Niall

I live in Halesowen, down the road from the old Quinton 9 terminus, and the 636 terminus at the Stag. Plenty of buses stop either end of my street, I mostly use the 9, 241 and 140, and the 002 if I'm going to MH. E400s, B7RLEs of various bodies, E200s, Tridents, Darts, the occasional Cadet, and WB's B7TLs in the mornings. I'm about a 15 minute walk away from the 23 (which I've been using to get home during the Bearwood road works) and the Diamond 54.

I used to use the 441 to get back from Halesowen after school. It was much quieter (and quicker), and I quite liked the Mercs/Darts. I tended to use the 002 journey that went down Mucklow Hill in the mornings (back when it was Ludlows). Although the numerous changes to the TWM Hagley Road services kept changing my preferences.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: JB93 on July 29, 2014, 03:37:05 PM
I never bother with trains to be honest, I've got Lea Hall Station about a 10 minute walk away or Marston Green about a 20 minute walk, but by the time I've got to the train station and waited for a train I could be halfway there on a bus :P

You must be in my neck of the woods, but i'll choose the train over the bus wherever possible. Now there's only one op on the 97, I find the service woeful. I'd rather walk 20 mins to Marston Green for the semi to New St (as little as a 6 minute journey on a good day). Off peak local train journeys are ridiculously cheap - eg Lea Hall - Stechford return for less than a single bus ride, Lea Hall - New St return for £2.60, or Marston - Coventry return for less than £3.

I don't travel frequently enough to justify a pass & rarely bother with daysavers. A daytripper is very tempting though, using the Claribels 71 to Marston for an onwards train - the added bonus of Claribels over NXWM is that they can issue a legible ticket! (with widescale daysaver fraud in the area, I get exceedingly p!ssed off by paying for an illegible 'not seen ink in years' ticket from NXWM).

Admittedly, I did jump on a 97A this morning, but there was the attraction of a nice new Chinese frame on the deck at BHX to entice me!

Ex BC driver

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 30, 2014, 12:14:24 AM
I never bother with trains to be honest, I've got Lea Hall Station about a 10 minute walk away or Marston Green about a 20 minute walk, but by the time I've got to the train station and waited for a train I could be halfway there on a bus :P

You must be in my neck of the woods, but i'll choose the train over the bus wherever possible. Now there's only one op on the 97, I find the service woeful. I'd rather walk 20 mins to Marston Green for the semi to New St (as little as a 6 minute journey on a good day). Off peak local train journeys are ridiculously cheap - eg Lea Hall - Stechford return for less than a single bus ride, Lea Hall - New St return for £2.60, or Marston - Coventry return for less than £3.

I don't travel frequently enough to justify a pass & rarely bother with daysavers. A daytripper is very tempting though, using the Claribels 71 to Marston for an onwards train - the added bonus of Claribels over NXWM is that they can issue a legible ticket! (with widescale daysaver fraud in the area, I get exceedingly p!ssed off by paying for an illegible 'not seen ink in years' ticket from NXWM).

Admittedly, I did jump on a 97A this morning, but there was the attraction of a nice new Chinese frame on the deck at BHX to entice me!

I was at the airport to see it depart.
I live in Harborne, used to use the 29/A when I wasn't driving it. Got the 647 that runs by me but not been on that route since TWM stopped running it. I usually walk to Birmingham City Centre

busfan2847

My family lived at the Maypole (many years of catching 48 and 50 from Birmingham Standard days, then 50 and 50Y)

Now live in Arlington Heights IL. Closest bus route (Pace 234) is 2.5m from where I live, usually operated by 40' Orion VI low floors or 30' El Dorado EZ-Riders. Catch that route maybe once a year or so (only operates 1 hour or less M-F only)!

I work at University of Illinois at Chicago just outside downtown Chicago. Drive to the local suburban rail station (Metra) and take the Union Pacific Northwest Line into Chicago and then the 157 Streeterville-Taylor route to the University. Was TMC RTS and Flxible Metros now New Flyer D40LF diesels or DE40LF hybrids.

Mike K

Quote from: Ex BC driver on July 30, 2014, 02:13:18 AM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 30, 2014, 12:14:24 AM

I was at the airport to see it depart.
I live in Harborne, used to use the 29/A when I wasn't driving it. Got the 647 that runs by me but not been on that route since TWM stopped running it. I usually walk to Birmingham City Centre

I also live in Harborne, close to the golf courses so it's the 22/23 or 99 for me, although don't often use the 99. Outer Circle and other Harborne services are 10-15 min walk away. Use the bus less frequently than I used to due to company car / requirement to travel with work.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on July 29, 2014, 09:27:44 PM
Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2014, 07:14:28 PM

Your Lucky Bob. Hawks Green Estate where I live hasn't got any buses (Had TWM 345/349 when I moved in!) Not too far to walk to Cross Keys for 60/62, but I prefer to walk all the way to Hednesford for trains.

Haven't been that way for ages, but I thought Arriva 33 went that way?

Westy

I live on the Leamore section of the Arriva daytime 2/2a & Nx x51 peaks, but normally catch Nx 301 / 302 on the Bloxwich Road!

Ronnoc

I live in Sparkbrook, near Stratford Road. My nearest route is the route 3, I get on that and I get on the 2. My local routes are 8A/C, 2, 3, 5, 6, X20 and the old 36.

I live in Kingstanding and my local routes are the 5 & 33 or if i walk down to the circle i can choose from the 56,  934 ,935 or the 936.

Alex

I live in Willenhall, just off Bloxwich Road South and my local routes are the 25A/25C, 28, 41, with the 25A being the route i use to get to school of a morning
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk