News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4713 disappointing wrightbus Gemini plenty of rattling, squeaks, rumbling from various parts of the cab, ticket machine area. This proved to be very annoying bus to drive hard to relax in this kind of environment, suspension/ride average. Engine/box ok nothing out of the ordinary, not particularly fast. Early repaint , orignal twm interior dark blue cushions. Do not like 3/10.                                       

4706 pretty much as above but less rattling otherwise it was all very average dull and uninspiring bus to drive. 4/10

crepello

Keep up the reviews and the photos as all very interesting.
Will put some on myself when I have learned how to size reduce!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on August 09, 2014, 05:45:59 PM
751 had a ride earlier rather quite impressed considering it's an adl minibus, nice smooth ride complemented by a smooth engine/box, rather surprising minimal rattle , vastly better than west broms 800 series adl,s . Well I wander if it's the same in 12 months something tells me it won't be.

Slow pull off?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 10, 2014, 04:37:54 PM
751 had a ride earlier rather quite impressed considering it's an adl minibus, nice smooth ride complemented by a smooth engine/box, rather surprising minimal rattle , vastly better than west broms 800 series adl,s . Well I wander if it's the same in 12 months something tells me it won't be.

Slow pull off?

Wrong forum LS, you're not on one of your webcam sites now.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on August 11, 2014, 05:19:03 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 10, 2014, 04:37:54 PM

Slow pull off?

Wrong forum LS, you're not on one of your webcam sites now.

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

753 caught this on the 121 earlier all very smooth until it had to stop, I,m thinking harsh brakes/ retarder spoilt the ride to be honest. From what I could make the rattling came from cab door vandal screen.

4517 drives extremely well IMO, great ride from the suspension, brakes smooth , engine/ box pretty much spot on, cab has new steering wheel driver seat still in good shape, not much rattles around cab either, early repaint , orignal twm trim , various specs used to replace damaged seats , crying out for refurb.
4225 very good volvo chassis , engine/voith box works well in this, suspension gives a good ride,brakes smooth, shame it's been festooned with a shitty body it's only any good on newly resurfaced roads otherwise it's the usual crap body shaking ,rattling etc , cab good driver seat, steering wheel one degusting mess.

Sh4318

I saw a Gemini on the 83 turning onto Holly Lane from Devonshire Road earlier on in the day, then I realised the Gemini had its tree deflector removed, then I read the fleet number '4518' >:(. Starting to really dislike this bus, the noise from the cooling fan is so unpleasant, it seems so much louder than the cooling fans of any other Gemini, not to mention they're always on! I don't even think the Presidents are this bad, and the ALXs certainly aren't, apart from 4234, which also needs looking at.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Tony

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 12, 2014, 12:32:29 AM
I saw a Gemini on the 83 turning onto Holly Lane from Devonshire Road earlier on in the day, then I realised the Gemini had its tree deflector removed, then I read the fleet number '4518' >:(. Starting to really dislike this bus, the noise from the cooling fan is so unpleasant, it seems so much louder than the cooling fans of any other Gemini, not to mention they're always on! I don't even think the Presidents are this bad, and the ALXs certainly aren't, apart from 4234, which also needs looking at.

4518 has never had a tree deflector

4253 chop shop special and 1850 new to west brom

4532 excellent to drive this one , getting up to 40mph takes no time at all just effortless driving, at these speeds turbo whistling along as well, zf box being vocal sounds good, chassis on this is very good steering,brakes, suspension in excellent order IMO. The body interior does let the show down vibrating rumbling panels here and there more than usual for a 4500 series. Cab seat comfortable, steering sticky mess just horrible. Early repaint, orignal twm trim which now boasts every other spec of cushion going. Begging for a refurb. 8/10 for the way it motors.

4230 update on my earlier post , the gearbox issue of jolting every time you pull away appears to have been addressed making it much easier to drive. The only jolt happened while coming down hill came off the accelerator  the gearbox decides to change gear, it was an almighty kick in the backside. I do wander what passengers must think  when this kinda thing happens. As driver I feel sheepish when it happens even though I know there's nothing I can do about it other than put down on the VCR .

4234 chop shop special from PB still looking good after it's refurb externally, I had look in the upper saloon to see what repairs were like, I noticed work had been to the front screen upper pillars it appears a section grp panel has been grafted in then painted blue, the panel above the side windows/roof has been painted light blue colour, down at the back the panel around emergency exit has been repainted, at some I think some one has graffiti,ed it and the solution used to clean it has fetched the paint off to reveal a much darker shade of blue just looks a mess now. It appears a lot was salvaged from the accident all the seat frames, window gaskets seem orignal.  The cab area is a joke apart from the new steering wheel it's a mess all the switch gear is askew, bits of plastic broken off most of them, the panel next to the driver containing the gear switches/handbrake has really been botched badly it's awfull bits of fibreglass/ aluminium plate then painted a really badly in a shitty light blue colour.
On the the go it rattles along not pleasant at all, decent brakes, rides well, not particularly quick, engine sounds fine, gearbox gives you the odd jolt here and there. Not a fan of this one 4/10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk