News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I had presumed 4234 had a professional repair  :o
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Don, the upper deck has been reattached professionally it's just the finish I know what I,m looking for in a finish , your average joe wouldn't have a clue. It does the job.  From the company's point of view what's point paying for really top notch finish, no one gona appreciate it really when it's only going to  be trashed by yobs. From my experience in the motor trade the finish comes down to simple economics, you get what you pay for.

Sh4318

I don't like 4234 and I don't ever recall being on it. You can hear it from up the road!
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

The Real 4778

Quote from: 2900 on August 17, 2014, 11:22:11 AM
4234 chop shop special from PB

On the the go it rattles along not pleasant at all, decent brakes, rides well, not particularly quick, engine sounds fine, gearbox gives you the odd jolt here and there. Not a fan of this one 4/10

Coincidentally it replaced 3034 at PB so not fond of it either.
Don't you start.

4266: chassis simply excellent brakes,suspension, steering very good.
         Drivetrain: engine smooth no issues, gearbox smooth aswell no slack or jolting.
         Cab : newish steering wheel, good driver seat
         Interior: tired orignal trim mixed with other twm spec cushions,  most of the interior rattles,
          Shakes, wobbles not good, body really let's this bus down shame really it drives so well.
           Deserves a new body this chassis does instead of the crap it's lugging around. 7/10 for the
           Way it drives.

some recent pics from around west brom garage. ( Back car park )
ALX100 DENNIS DART 3604

continued. ADL E400 ENVIRO E40D 4959
Fuel bay area of west  brom garage

continued

2900, is there any chance you could add fleetnumbers as text to your photo posts? the photo's are too small to ID, Cheers, Winston

ADL E400 ENVIRO E40D 4955 and 4959
bus wash and fuell bay area

been having issues with uploading pictures having to down size considerably

No worries, just nice to know what what we are looking at  ;) Winston

Liverpool Street

2900 - it could be better if you get yourself a flickr account or something similar. Saves our bandwidth and can see the images in full resolution.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

4295 has been refurbed a while back now. N/s side skirt panels appear  to have been repainted they seem creamier in color, internally cushions have been refurbed in the dark blue twm spec moquette looks good. Chassis IMO one of the decent ones good brakes/retarder, suspension does a good job of ironing out the rough stuff, engine/ gearbox in good order, gearbox whines along tunefully. Drives really well stress free driving. Body not bad considering it's an alexander not overly rattly . Like this one , 7/10

John

2900, you can have 4291 back! Awfully slow uphill and pulling away. Good brakes though. It leaks like a sieve though!

4263 - a perfect bus to have for a late night 94 duty. Nearly as quick as a Gemini pulling away, hardly any rattles. Only the heater was not working!

John , drivers here were overjoyed it has left west brom it's really that bad. One of twins at perry Barr had it last week the look on her face priceless.

4636: what a bus IMO as good as 4638 , excellent chassis pot holes rough roads delt with composure no bother at all, brakes spot on, suspension, steering top draw, engine, gearbox excellent plenty of power, really effortless to drive.  Slowing down from 40mph transmission does howl not as loud as 4638 though but still sounds good. Body external early repaint still looks ok , internal original seat cushions featuring variety of other spec moquette fabrics to complete the look. Not much in the way of rattling cab is pretty solid, saloon doors give the odd rattle. Once re furbed this should make an excellent Volvo B7TL , will miss this one when it does finally go, I do wish the 4700s were built to the same standard any way 4636  9/10  for the way it drives.

4249: what a contrast to 4636 , body is just crap hopeless the cab shakes, wobbles,rattles along really appalling environment to drive in. Chassis engine / gearbox in good order  it's not the slowest it's ok for pace. Suspension /brakes good too. Early repaint , original early twm trim. Needs a refurb but why bother needs a new body to be honest it's scrap. 4/10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk