News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4264: another alexander volvo that drives well twice in one day must be a one off. Very similar to 4295 to drive. Chassis set up as 4295 but that's where it stops.
Body, original  TWM spec livery looking very tired now, interior all original light blue moquette seat backs have faded, most base cushions look fairly fresh on lower saloon.
Cab steering wheel one sticky horrible thing it is.
7/10 for the way it drives
2/10 for appearance

Liberator9

Thought I'd add two more YWs in -

1928 - Best Scania I've ever ridden - no rattles at all, very smooth suspension and excellent heating system. Very smart externally and internally still. Exactly why I love having a ride on YW Scanias on the 6.
4676 - Good Gemini - yet to encounter a poor one really. No rattles, good suspension although needs a refurb inside.
4358 - Good as a Trident can be - Smart inside and out - recent refurb. Suspension bouncy and dealt well with the pot holes. Very few rattles upstairs, although round by driver's cab is rattly.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 06, 2014, 09:08:35 PM
Thought I'd add two more YWs in -

1928 - Best Scania I've ever ridden - no rattles at all, very smooth suspension and excellent heating system. Very smart externally and internally still. Exactly why I love having a ride on YW Scanias on the 6.
4676 - Good Gemini - yet to encounter a poor one really. No rattles, good suspension although needs a refurb inside.
4358 - Good as a Trident can be - Smart inside and out - recent refurb. Suspension bouncy and dealt well with the pot holes. Very few rattles upstairs, although round by driver's cab is rattly.
Went on 4358 today, the indicator sound is different and it's really good. It was on the 76.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on September 09, 2014, 09:14:17 PM
Thanks Tony - looking forward to seeing it in its new set of colours.
Haven't ridden 1926 for a while actually - shall have to track it down. 1914 is quite a distinctive one - last two times I've ridden it the cooling fans have been running which sounded good. The Scanias are excellent buses I find - ride well, comfortable (if you're not too tall!) and look smart. Only down side was the roof panel design - those panels do cause some rattling if they start to shake loose. Need the Citaro roof design.
Try searching the 3 for 1914. I see it mostly on that since I first saw it.

Liberator9

I had it on the 76 as well. Indicator sound is different - sounds better actually! It was a really good Trident actually - really fast one as well  8)

Found 1914 and 1926 a few days ago - 1914's fan was off this time and 1926 was good as 1928. Noticed 1914 on the 2 on Friday - likes to get off the 6 seemingly  ;)

andyr

Would be nice to have just 2900 comments, his thread and his thoughts are of interest as he as driven the buses he his commenting on. Very different from the passengers seat.

B.C Driver

Sorry to hijack ur thread 2900

4440 - Gotta be BCs worst bus. Unable to pull away quickly due to very slow closing doors. Gears slow at changing up, sticks at 30mph and eventually drops into the next gear after an eternity.

A very frustrating bus to drive if you're running late.  >:(
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liberator9

I'll stop adding my ride reviews - it is hijacking the thread's purpose. Sorry about that  :)

I have no objections for others to add there views, may be two threads could be started  one from a drivers point of view and another from a passengers point of view, I,ve been quiet lately cause I keep getting buses that I,ve reviewed.
One thing I have noticed with the return of the 4600,s to acocks green been getting a lot more alexander b7tl,s to drive.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on October 07, 2014, 10:33:43 PM
I have no objections for others to add there views, may be two threads could be started  one from a drivers point of view and another from a passengers point of view, I,ve been quiet lately cause I keep getting buses that I,ve reviewed.
One thing I have noticed with the return of the 4600,s to acocks green been getting a lot more alexander b7tl,s to drive.

I've noticed there's a more equal balance of ALXs to Geminis on the 127-9, often more ALX than Geminis recently, and there's more ALXs on the 83/89 too, there were at least two on there today, 4232, 4233. From a passenger point of view, 4233 is quite slow up hills
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liberator9

That's a good idea actually 2900 about starting up a passenger ride thread as well. Might do that today at some point. Thanks.

John

I don't know if 2900 has said a few words about 4269, but what a lovely one to drive. Even the heater works. It seems too have inherited the dash out of 4273 as the fleetnumber 4273 is wrote above the dials. Hardly any rattles and good up Hamstead Hill, just the suspension seemed very soft

Along with 4284, 4302 and 4262, 4269 is one of the best of these buses I have drove

B.C Driver

Lol how things change, 4302 was one of the worst buses when it was at BC - very sluggish.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

John

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on October 10, 2014, 09:37:28 PM
Lol how things change, 4302 was one of the worst buses when it was at BC - very sluggish.

It wasn't the fastest B7, but nothing as bad as 4253. I can put up with them been sluggish to an extent, but if the brakes are rubbish (4239 and 4301 are 2 naff ones) then it makes driving them so much harder to try to avoid braking heavily

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk