News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I like this compilation thread  ;) some good info here.

Be glad you're not travelling on Optares - went on a 13 plate Versa the other day - talk about rattles and the whole thing had an air of flimsiness about it. Shame as they look great and fly along but I've travelled on less rattly 17 yr old Dart SLFs  :-[
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Ashley

Versas are just rubbish in genrreal, ugly, rattly, dull and uncomfortable

4709 from last years incident at summer row last year

4108 after some scum torched it then the engineers stirpped it of it's useable parts

4296 snapped a while back after coming freshly painted back from walsall

3604 after its disagreement with a rail guard it come off 2nd best

lynx1103

Quote from: 2900 on August 07, 2014, 07:13:31 PM
4108 after some scum torched it then the engineers stirpped it of it's useable parts

Was 4108 operating 451 (5)

4085 also suffered arson attack whilst working 451 now known as (5)

Ashley

4108 was on the 451, happened just after 9am one morning

P419 EJW

It's nice to see "Travel West Midlands" again. I miss seeing it on buses.

4290 recent refurb still in good condition, grey seat seat cushions, decent driver seat with brand new steering wheel, beginning to think there's a programme going on replacing battered steering wheels much welcomed if it's the case.  This is one the better alx400 b7s very smooth to drive , engine/box as they should be nothing strange going on,brakes excellent smooth stop every time, suspension works well on this example, surprising thing is not overly rattley not the case with most. Good all rounder I say. 8/10

4521 really like the way this one drives, really excellent on dual carriageways turbo whistling away, would make an excellent limited stop bus for it's cruising ability.  Engine bang on, gearbox slight whine on deceleration from 40mph sounds good. Brakes good too no drama, suspension all very good. Handles great too. Early repaint looks good from 10 feet away , various panels replaced,repaired and brush painted simply awful full of runs etc my youngest could do a better job, crying for a refurb. Interior orignal twm spec looking tired now. Cab another new steering wheel, decent driver seat , minimal rattling suits me sir very nicely indeed. 8/10 just the way it's drives.

4642 early repaint, orignal trim mixed various other spec cushions. Needs a refurb to be honest. Wasn't to keen on this one, brakes never felt comfortable with them at all, slowing from speed they felt vague IMO not reassuring at all, when coming to a stop they would then snatch on so you end up having bit of a jolt, do not like that. Cooling fan came on fair bit mind you it was warm day. Suspension gave a decent enough ride even on poor surfaces. Engine/box ok nothing strange going on. Not the fastest or smoothest example brakes really do let it down. 4/10

Quote from: 2900 on July 16, 2014, 11:11:47 AM
I do report the buses with noisey fans , sometimes it's does feel like your comments are largely ignored , I guess it,ll be fixed when other work needs doing . The day I drove 4504 wasn't a hot day had plenty of running of time so no need to push it just cruising gently along probably why I didn't here the fan come on.

You mean 'Mostly' ignored?  :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

751 had a ride earlier rather quite impressed considering it's an adl minibus, nice smooth ride complemented by a smooth engine/box, rather surprising minimal rattle , vastly better than west broms 800 series adl,s . Well I wander if it's the same in 12 months something tells me it won't be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk