News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Consequences

Started by domino.99, July 02, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew1991

Quote from: Stevo on July 03, 2014, 07:01:39 PM
Are we not all missing the point here? In the first post the driver was accused of regularly running red lights and missing stops - surely far more serious than a bit of f-ing and blinding?

I'm not saying he is lying BUT..... If the driver runs red lights & misses stops on a regular occurance, why hasn't @NXDom reported him in the past ? Is he only interested now because something was said to him ?

Sorry @NXDom not a personal attack just a question

karl724223

If the driver is this bad and doing that many things wrong I'm sure other passengers would have complained before now and he would have been investigated then there's CCTV on buses newer buses outside CCTV to

don

Not necessarily - it takes a lot for most people to put pen to paper or to complain on the internet. Not all PCV drivers are squeaky clean so let's not kid ourselves. Most are however.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

the trainbasher

What needs to happen is the OP needs to put a line under this and forget about it. We've had only the one side of the story and for all we know the driver may have had mitigating circumstances. Alternatively the OP, or the person before him, may have failed the attitude test so that's why the driver may have been annoyed.

Otherwise it may have been a misinterpretation on the OPs behalf. Enough said.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

National Express have enough ways of checking the quality of their drivers if they suspect someone is not up to scratch. One off swearing at a passenger is obviously hard to check out after the event, but drivers who 'run red lights and miss stops regularly'  can easily be checked. Running red lights can and has led to dismissals, so It is unlikely any complaints about that have been received as the external video cameras can easily pick that up. Missing stops, again easily proven by both the external or the internal camera in the cab. Traffilog which is fitted to every bus in the fleet and works on over 99% of them also shows exactly which stops are made, speed, and general driving quality. Any complaints about speeding, bad cornering or generally giving passengers a bad ride can be checked on traffilog.

Early running is easily identifiable off both Traffilog and the AVL system. If all else fails, plain clothes staff are put on buses to watch driving quality

So NXDom if this driver is as bad as you make out, put a complaint in. Don't just say 'he regularly misses stops out & runs red lights' give a specific example and I am sure NX will check it out, or if it is someone you just have a personal problem with don't just post it on here again

Ossie

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 03, 2014, 03:47:04 PM
I still can't believe anyone would actually support this. You're all bloody brainwashed to make it seem that its OK to be sound and video recorded 24/7.

Back to my earlier point, how would passengers feel about microphones in the saloons? Everything everybody has ever said would be recorded.

You're all too scared to say what you really think. Why? If the press wasn't controlled in such way you'll all be less desensitized to what's actually happening around you. You lot are being blinded and brainwashed by the government. See though the shit you're being fed.
Or we can just say bollocks to it... lets all fit Microchips in our necks with tracking, 360 degree cameras and sound recording.
You'll be better off in prison.

Already here, LS - it's called Google Glass.  Audio/video recording is a feature.  And it's coming to a bus near you ........  :-X

richie

Quote from: Andrew on July 02, 2014, 11:41:38 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on July 02, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
Quote from: Mattwith saying certain things which allegedly they otherwise could.

Notice the bold bit that I've added in that section above...

Also yes @Matt they don't always have lunch in their cab, it depends on the operator and also remember layovers some drivers sit in their cab. Hypothetically, if you was a driver, would you like a manager listening to you whilst on the phone to say a partner, or even a prospective future employer, whilst the engine is off etc? Or even managers listening to you having a chat to a driver from another operator.

Phones on NX buses only to be used on back seat or off the bus

Back seat? Lol

Ashley

Some individuals including Matt clearly believes we should embrace the "big brother" society as the best thing ever. It's the total opposite. The vast majority of society simply talks b******s but I'm not afraid to say what I think

In my now newish job my every word or action is monitored by my superiors however it's only me thats singled out for a thick ear.

Anyway, my point is, no microphones in the workplace especially to try and catch bus drivers out when 99.9 percent of bus drivers are sound individuals who I admire and respect for the professionalism they retain despite all the occupational hazards.

The phrase "you've nothing to fear if you've nothing to hide" is a good way of avoiding admitting the person who trots out the phrase is just a nosey f****r who thinks we should watch our backs and all behave like obedient dogs

Going back to the original point, we all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment, all I'm saying is don't take it personally, the best outcome would be to remain polite and courteous to the driver to distinguish yourself from other 14 year old's who use buses (chavvy urchuns). As for destination blinds being incorrect, people would immediately notice and question a vehicles destination. As for running red lights, if the bus is half way over the white line when the light changes from amber to red I'm sure you'd soon put a claim for whiplash for sharp braking etc. As for neglecting to pick up passengers, how could you be certain that intending passengers want your bus or if they don't how do you know they haven't made the driver aware of their intentions no matter where they stand on the pavement

Apoligies to the admin team for the poor choice of words but some may see my logic and that's all I'm saying

Kevin

I still can't believe anyone would actually support this. You're all bloody brainwashed to make it seem that its OK to be sound and video recorded 24/7.

Back to my earlier point, how would passengers feel about microphones in the saloons? Everything everybody has ever said would be recorded.

You're all too scared to say what you really think. Why? If the press wasn't controlled in such way you'll all be less desensitized to what's actually happening around you. You lot are being blinded and brainwashed by the government. See though the shit you're being fed.

Or we can just say bollocks to it... lets all fit Microchips in our necks with tracking, 360 degree cameras and sound recording. 

@Mike K, @andy, @Winston, @Tony, @Matt, @Kevin

I'll assume the tag isn't a personal attack....
Never have been "scared to say what I really think", the only fear is of retaliation from people who do not like others having a different view
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

tank90

Quote from: Kevin on July 03, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

Never have been "scared to say what I really think", the only fear is of retaliation from people who do not like others having a different view

Hear hear.

I put my view across in the way that I felt. Not in a way that would make me feel as not to cause upset but as I see it. And NXDom and co who say its against your civil rights to privagy law thingy ma jig, I would say this don't ever speak to a Police man or woman or a CSO, CPSO , SC as you are recorded in case of you or the officer not playing ball or saying something wrong.

So on that note what dif does it make when you have that and google nike and others making wear able tech with microphones to put them into public transport. In my veiw its short sighted not to.

Fear is stronger than hope, hope is better than fear.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

domino.99

Quote from: Andrew on July 03, 2014, 07:18:00 PM
Quote from: Stevo on July 03, 2014, 07:01:39 PM
Are we not all missing the point here? In the first post the driver was accused of regularly running red lights and missing stops - surely far more serious than a bit of f-ing and blinding?

I'm not saying he is lying BUT..... If the driver runs red lights & misses stops on a regular occurance, why hasn't @NXDom reported him in the past ? Is he only interested now because something was said to him ?

Sorry @NXDom not a personal attack just a question
Thank you mate I did think you tried to aim it at me :)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: don on July 03, 2014, 06:47:45 PM

Back in the 70s this sort of behaviour was commonplace - indeed I was once traveling on a BCT Fleetline on the 24 in Colmore Row and outside the Birmingham City Council offices (yes it's an ancient story from the days when buses went through Victoria Sq and New St) the driver stopped in the middle of the road leapt out of his cab and ran down the road and took a flying kick at the drivers door of the car in front!!!) the one that got me most riled was the Bristol Road guys at Navigation St who would close the doors and drive off as soon as a gaggle of passengers walking from the city centre got within a couple of yards of them. This was a standard occurrence!!!.

Hahahahaha, good fun! I remember it well. Leaving the group of passengers for the poor bloke behind, absolutely hilarious. Regular thing many years ago to get your own back on the prat who refused to buy me breakfast ;) Love the job back then.

Quote from: Kevin on July 03, 2014, 10:24:07 PM

No Kevin, no personal attacks just making sure you read my post.

Fear of retaliation? Screw them! It's not your fault they can't listen to the other side of the story.

Quote from: Ossie on July 03, 2014, 08:46:18 PM

Already here, LS - it's called Google Glass.  Audio/video recording is a feature.  And it's coming to a bus near you ........  :-X

Oh blimey... just googled it. So I expect this is standard across the Specsavers range then haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 04, 2014, 11:45:04 AM

Already here, LS - it's called Google Glass.....

Oh blimey... just googled it...

Oh the irony...
:)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on July 04, 2014, 12:27:23 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 04, 2014, 11:45:04 AM

Already here, LS - it's called Google Glass.....

Oh blimey... just googled it...

Oh the irony...
:)

Someone's quick witted ;) Have a Google Cookie haha
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: karl724223 on July 03, 2014, 06:28:39 PM
Don't believe original complaint sorry
Ok, can you inform me as to why?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk