News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Consequences

Started by domino.99, July 02, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

I ran for the 82 which departs Dudley  to get home from Dudley. As my bus pass had been in my pocket and as I can imagine it has happened with many others my bus pass was kind of sticky and difficult to open at which point the driver  said 'come on I haven't got all f***ing day'. I was just wandering what the consequences to this will be for the driver when I ring the garage tomorrow morning to report this. Personally I believe the driver should be sacked, many may disagree, because I find it appalling that he finds it acceptable to talk to a 14 YEAR OLD in that way. I also feel this because he is an extremely unsafe driver who on many occasions has ran red lights which have been clearly red and would of had time to stop, he deliberately doesn't pick up passengers and quite often seems to have the wrong roller blind showing on a merc and wrong terminus on a digital blind.
What are your opinions and what could happen to him?

Modified to remove driver ID

James4368

Quote from: NXDom on July 02, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
I ran for the 82 which departs Dudley  to get home from Dudley. As my bus pass had been in my pocket and as I can imagine it has happened with many others my bus pass was kind of sticky and difficult to open at which point the driver  said 'come on I haven't got all f***ing day'. I was just wandering what the consequences to this will be for the driver when I ring the garage tomorrow morning to report this. Personally I believe the driver should be sacked, many may disagree, because I find it appalling that he finds it acceptable to talk to a 14 YEAR OLD in that way. I also feel this because he is an extremely unsafe driver who on many occasions has ran red lights which have been clearly red and would of had time to stop, he deliberately doesn't pick up passengers and quite often seems to have the wrong roller blind showing on a merc and wrong terminus on a digital blind.

he should be sacked for saying " I haven't got all f***ing day"
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

D10

You need to speak to Travelcare rather than the garage, then a proper investigation can begin.

domino.99

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on July 02, 2014, 09:20:45 PM
I ran for the 82 which departs Dudley to get home from Dudley. As my bus pass had been in my pocket and as I can imagine it has happened with many others my bus pass was kind of sticky and difficult to open at which point the driver of  said 'come on I haven't got all f***ing day'. I was just wandering what the consequences to this will be for the driver when I ring the garage tomorrow morning to report this. Personally I believe the driver should be sacked, many may disagree, because I find it appalling that he finds it acceptable to talk to a 14 YEAR OLD in that way. I also feel this because he is an extremely unsafe driver who on many occasions has ran red lights which have been clearly red and would of had time to stop, he deliberately doesn't pick up passengers and quite often seems to have the wrong roller blind showing on a merc and wrong terminus on a digital blind.

Just asking is that sarcasm obviously things can be taken the wrong way through text.

pb2012

Quote from: NXDom on July 02, 2014, 09:24:14 PM
I ran for the 82 which departs Dudley to get home from Dudley. As my bus pass had been in my pocket and as I can imagine it has happened with many others my bus pass was kind of sticky and difficult to open at which point the driver of  said 'come on I haven't got all f***ing day'. I was just wandering what the consequences to this will be for the driver when I ring the garage tomorrow morning to report this. Personally I believe the driver should be sacked, many may disagree, because I find it appalling that he finds it acceptable to talk to a 14 YEAR OLD in that way. I also feel this because he is an extremely unsafe driver who on many occasions has ran red lights which have been clearly red and would of had time to stop, he deliberately doesn't pick up passengers and quite often seems to have the wrong roller blind showing on a merc and wrong terminus on a digital blind.

Just asking is that sarcasm obviously things can be taken the wrong way through text.

That's not sarcasm it's rude and impolite for somebody in there position to act that way,there the face of the company would you board a bus if all the drivers responded that way i wouldn't?

domino.99

Quote from: pb2012 on July 02, 2014, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: NXDom on July 02, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

That's not sarcasm it's rude and impolite for somebody in there position to act that way,there the face of the company would you board a bus if all the drivers responded that way i wouldn't?

Well of course not my apologies. Some people need to learn that just because we use the bus doesn't mean we are always ready. I ran from wilkos in dudley down to the gardens just to get spoken to like that.

Tony

Please do not post anything like this that identifies drivers. I have modified the posts above for that reason. Staff of any company do not get disciplined through the internet. If you think someone has done something wrong report it to the company who can investigate fairly.

For all anyone knows on here you could just want to get revenge and all the above is lies (I am not accusing you of that) and it is grossly unfair someones colleagues could read it before the company even knows about it

nitromatt1

Whilst I agree he should be dismissed or severely disciplined for showing such a poor attitude, unfortunately without evidence of wrongdoing NX will not be able to take any action. I don't know whether NX have microphones in their cabs; if this bus has one it could be useful in obtaining evidence.

domino.99

Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2014, 09:48:50 PM
Whilst I agree he should be dismissed or severely disciplined for showing such a poor attitude, unfortunately without evidence of wrongdoing NX will not be able to take any action. I don't know whether NX have microphones in their cabs; if this bus has one it could be useful in obtaining evidence.
@Matt I bloody hope so it is unfair on passengers that drivers can near enough say what ever the hell they want and get away with it. I pay the money for my bus passes I'd expect just a little sign of respect. I show respect to every driver I have by saying thank you when leaving and also when boarding, but in all honesty he was the first driver i've never said thank you to when getting off!

P419 EJW

Well, that's hearsay. Anyone could create a story like this. Not saying you are lying but understand where I am coming from. Without evidence, your case isn't strong enough for NXWM to conduct an investigation. I understand that at the time, it was unexpected, so no device you could use to obtain evidence.

However, I am sorry to hear about this, the driver should not have spoken to you in that manner. Drivers who have a bad day will be likely to act in an undesirable manner. It is dangerous that he continues to drive through the red lights, I'm surprised there are no accidents happened relating to him.

If that driver has that kind of attitude every day then the job isn't right for him.

Do get in touch with Travelcare (0121 254 7272) to discuss this further if you feel you should.

Liverpool Street

Microphones in cabs? What about the drivers rights? He's not a machine.

Sorry but, it may be the age gap etc but grow some balls. If an adult in my day said that,  then by Joe you do as your told! Bah, kids now a days.

And if the driver is found guilty, he'll be sentenced to life...

...driving for Diamond.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Please tell me how microphones in cabs infringes drivers' rights. A driver should never need to say anything in a cab that he might not want his seniors to hear.

andy

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 02, 2014, 10:26:21 PM

Microphones in cabs? What about the drivers rights? He's not a machine.

Sorry but, it may be the age gap etc but grow some balls. If an adult in my day said that,  then by Joe you do as your told! Bah, kids now a days.

And if the driver is found guilty, he'll be sentenced to life...

...driving for Diamond.

In my experience at the moment Diamond drivers are far smarter and more personable than anyone I have encountered on NX for a good while.

andy

Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2014, 10:37:41 PM
Please tell me how microphones in cabs infringes drivers' rights. A driver should never need to say anything in a cab that he might not want his seniors to hear.

Nobody wants to spend every waking minute at work being monitored and analysed. I don't know your age but I'm assuming you haven't been working very long. It's a culture thing that young people in their first jobs today unfortunately accept this kind of stuff as standard and unquestionable.

the trainbasher

@Matt surely drivers have human rights too?

The use of intrusive or directed surveillance, or covert intelligence sources, by public bodies ONLY is regulated under Part II of RIPA. This covers a wide rainge of surveillance activity, from covertly following a person or watching a person, placing secret listening or filming devices near him, or using informants to obtain information about him.

In fact Matt, I challenge you to find any kind of legislation that would allow NXWM, or any other operator, to put microphones in cabs to spy on drivers

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk