News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Consequences

Started by domino.99, July 02, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: andy on July 02, 2014, 11:35:04 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2014, 11:32:31 PM

@andy it is tackling the problem at its roots, as the knowledge that his voice is being recorded would alter a drivers behaviour, as he would be unable to "get away" with saying certain things which otherwise he could.

What I'm talking about is the driver's attitude in the first place, tackling what creates that rather than waiting until there is an issue and punishing it.

Any individual drivers with a problemental attitude must be identified before steps can be taken to rectify it. Evidence from microphones would enable the identification of such drivers.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Mattwith saying certain things which allegedly they otherwise could.

Notice the bold bit that I've added in that section above...

Also yes @Matt they don't always have lunch in their cab, it depends on the operator and also remember layovers some drivers sit in their cab. Hypothetically, if you was a driver, would you like a manager listening to you whilst on the phone to say a partner, or even a prospective future employer, whilst the engine is off etc? Or even managers listening to you having a chat to a driver from another operator.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

And on that note I will leave this discussion for a bit...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 02, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
Quote from: Mattwith saying certain things which allegedly they otherwise could.

Notice the bold bit that I've added in that section above...

Also yes @Matt they don't always have lunch in their cab, it depends on the operator and also remember layovers some drivers sit in their cab. Hypothetically, if you was a driver, would you like a manager listening to you whilst on the phone to say a partner, or even a prospective future employer, whilst the engine is off etc? Or even managers listening to you having a chat to a driver from another operator.

Phones on NX buses only to be used on back seat or off the bus

andy

Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2014, 11:38:53 PM
Quote from: andy on July 02, 2014, 11:35:04 PM
Quote from: Matt on July 02, 2014, 11:32:31 PM

@andy it is tackling the problem at its roots, as the knowledge that his voice is being recorded would alter a drivers behaviour, as he would be unable to "get away" with saying certain things which otherwise he could.

What I'm talking about is the driver's attitude in the first place, tackling what creates that rather than waiting until there is an issue and punishing it.

Any individual drivers with a problemental attitude must be identified before steps can be taken to rectify it. Evidence from microphones would enable the identification of such drivers.

You don't do that with microphones, you do it with managers who actually deal and interact with their staff instead of locking themselves in a bunker staring at e mails and surveylance.

mranon

id say before you start your crusade take consideration in your part - it is extremely hot today cab of a bus not pleasent. you ran for the bus and so therefore you didnt allow yourself time to be ready pass out to board the bus.

the driver shouldn't get arsey true, but they are human just like you, and the pressures of the job can get you wound up and stressed out. you faffing about with your pass holding bus up adding to it. id bet if say 20 previous passengers boarding did the same easily making bus driver late, and you were late getting somewhere, then you's be moaning still.

my answer is try doing the job yourself one day. its amazing how many people go into thinking sitting there is a doddle, but soon crack and cant hack it. you sound to me one of these types of people who is always in the right. having more cameras and microphones to record the driver would create uproar as if i was a driver having to work with that under threat of my every word being monitored - id demand every bit of abuse be taken action against!

complain to the bus company if need be, but adding extra bits like the driver never displays correct destination, jumps red lights etc on a public forum is not the thing to do. if he/she kept jumping red lights they wouldnt be still there. could it be driver goes through on the change, and whole bus dont make it through etc?

nitromatt1

It's like trying to explain calculus to a 5-year-old in Disneyland on here sometimes.

@the trainbasher firstly, NX do not allow their drivers to use the phone in the cab. Secondly, I would not be stupid enough to discuss opportunities with other employers when effectively within earshot of my current employer. Thirdly, why would a manager have any interest in listening to one side of a romantic phone conversation?

It all boils down to the same rule. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

the trainbasher

I give up...

...[bangs head on side of NXWM bus]

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 02, 2014, 11:51:27 PM
I give up...

...[bangs head on side of NXWM bus]

Only two pages too late!

the trainbasher

It's like trying to explain calculus to a 5-year-old in Disneyland on here sometimes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the pub.

bususer12

From what i've read of this, it seems like there's two views;

1.It's fine to be watched/ recorded etc.

2. Everyone has Human rights, to be recorded/ watched for no good reason is too much.

This is how it seems, view one belongs to those too young to have worked yet, or worked to put dinner on the table as a pose to pcket money, and view 2 belong to those that have worked for good a few years, some in the industry, others not (me included)

Whilst it sounds a sensible idea, put yourself in the drivers shoes, then the job of a driver sounds vile.

Liverpool Street

Big brother is always watching.

NX are well known too be too strict and over the top as it is with handing out P45's, don't give them any ideas to stick bloody microphones in the cab!

I wonder what passengers would think if there were microphones in the saloons?

@Matt, I'm going to record every word you ever say, ever. Regardless whats happened to you. You're only allowed to express positive emotions, words, tone of voice must be chirpy and welcoming.

Welcome to hell.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ex BC driver

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 03, 2014, 01:35:27 AM
Big brother is always watching.

NX are well known too be too strict and over the top as it is with handing out P45's, don't give them any ideas to stick bloody microphones in the cab!

I wonder what passengers would think if there were microphones in the saloons?

@Matt, I'm going to record every word you ever say, ever. Regardless whats happened to you. You're only allowed to express positive emotions, words, tone of voice must be chirpy and welcoming.

Welcome to hell.

Microphones are in vehicles on the NX coach network

Kevin

Quote from: bususer12 on July 03, 2014, 01:24:13 AM
From what i've read of this, it seems like there's two views;

1.It's fine to be watched/ recorded etc.

2. Everyone has Human rights, to be recorded/ watched for no good reason is too much.

This is how it seems, view one belongs to those too young to have worked yet, or worked to put dinner on the table as a pose to pcket money, and view 2 belong to those that have worked for good a few years, some in the industry, others not (me included)

Whilst it sounds a sensible idea, put yourself in the drivers shoes, then the job of a driver sounds vile.

Incorrect.
I know of "older" people who share view 1, and "younger" people who share view 2.
Basically, everyone has their own view, and doesn't like to hear the other persons view.

I agree with both sides, but for fear of getting ripped apart by people with blinkered views on both sides I do not want to share my own views
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

From a 17 year old's perspective,Personally if I were a driver I would not be too best pleased about having a microphone recording me all day - it would feel intrusive and undermines the trust of the company that you can do the job correctly. One incident like this does not justify a fleet-wide fitting of microphones in the cabs. Many of the drivers at NX are honest, hard working people who safely transport thousands of people each week. I have encountered some excellent NX drivers at YW and AG, who would not deserve this infringement - I am yet to encounter I am pleased to say a driver who is abusive towards passengers. It is a tough job and therefore it is no surprised that occasionally a driver will become quite annoyed with a passenger quite easily - such as in this case. As far as we know the driver could have had a bad day, perhaps family wise as well such as coping with a bereavement. It would be personally a little harsh and heavy handed to fire the driver (if he can be punished anyway) - he only said "I haven't got all day" (could be taken as a minor remark) except with the f word inserted; it's not exactly abusing the customer directly e.g **** you - perhaps a simple warning would suffice if anything was to come of this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk