News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Open day Wolverhampton garage

Started by karl724223, July 01, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

NXWM Spectra

Timetable:

Every twenty minutes during the daytime.

Bus Station Stand N

Also, if you get the 2, double check where it is going.

mranon

towards end of last year, the 2 was swapped around in wolves bus station so now stand m is for warstones, and t is bushbury hill. so please folks use stand T to get to the open day!! service 11 was also swapped from stand j (nxwm) to its own stand which is n. travel express 11 still uses j.

Trident 4609

This has gone abit quiet.

Anymore info on the open day? Any vehicles been confirmed?

Cheers

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on April 07, 2015, 05:25:13 PM
This has gone abit quiet.

Anymore info on the open day? Any vehicles been confirmed?

Cheers

Only the normal stuff atm, E400MMC will be down along with a few metrobuses but thats all I know currently.

Wumpty

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Liberator9

@Wumpty

Should be on Sunday 20th July - 10am to 4pm  :)

GeminiFan1991

How is a garage different on an open day ?! Do they kind of change operations around a bit does it go through a reshuffle to accommodate the crowds
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Trident 4609

Quote from: BusFan on April 07, 2015, 05:51:31 PM
How is a garage different on an open day ?! Do they kind of change operations around a bit does it go through a reshuffle to accommodate the crowds

@Liberator9 its Sunday 21st June ;)

There is photos from last years event on flickr.

The front yard was used to display both preserved vehicles and buses in WN's own fleet which last year consisted of 632,1660 (Now withdrawn sadly), 2076,456, 5401 and 5421.

PE's 826 and one of the Scania Bendis were on show last year.

The actual garage (inside) and the main yard down the back were out of bounds for health & safety.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Nathan on April 07, 2015, 05:55:40 PM
@Liberator9 its Sunday 21st June ;)

There is photos from last years event on flickr.

The front yard was used to display both preserved vehicles and buses in WN's own fleet which last year consisted of 632,1660 (Now withdrawn sadly), 2076,456, 5401 and 5421.

PE's 826 and one of the Scania Bendis were on show last year.

The actual garage (inside) and the main yard down the back were out of bounds for health & safety.

I would like to see the inside of the garage but oh well ! I'll try my best to come, I can finally meet some fellow enthusiasts.

Trident 4609

To an extent you could see the 'inside' of the garage from the outside as the shutters were up. As a result several buses on the pits were visible.

The main parking yard is also visible so you do get to see those parts, just there was a barrier put in place last year to stop visitors getting past a certain point.

GeminiFan1991

Thanks @Nathan, Much appreciated

I don't know if this is the right thread but i'll quickly say it, are their any open days for other garages ?!

domino.99

Quote from: BusFan on April 07, 2015, 06:24:57 PM
Thanks @Nathan, Much appreciated

I don't know if this is the right thread but i'll quickly say it, are their any open days for other garages ?!

At the moment no, Wolverhampton's will be the next one after that none scheduled as of yet.

Kevin_Brum12

Will there be extra journeys offered on the 2 between Wolverhampton Bus Station and the garage on the open day?  AG ones in years passed used to have relief's on the 1 with a Rover ticket, but with normal services with usual ticket availability operating for the non bus enthusiast.

Liberator9

@Nathan

Thanks Nathan - messed that up I did  :P - I went back to the first page not realising of course that was the 2014 date  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk