News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Open day Wolverhampton garage

Started by karl724223, July 01, 2014, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on April 25, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
The Open Day Day is on Sunday 21st June 2015. Last year there was no entrance fee but donations are welcome (money goes to charity)

In response to 861/2, 862 is off the road with accident damage. Currently at Carlyle Bus & Coach in Great Bridge being repaired.

Apparently not, I was told that 862 was the 82 today, not sure how reliable this source was but still...

GeminiFan1991

I really hope they have 1 of each type of bus at the event (If it is logistically possible), I've always wanted to see the entire fleet together (As in bus types)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

John

Quote from: BusFan on April 25, 2015, 08:25:28 PM
I really hope they have 1 of each type of bus at the event (If it is logistically possible), I've always wanted to see the entire fleet together (As in bus types)

It would be possible, if the event was on a Sunday, but I don't know if anyone would want to drive a Citaro Bendi all the way from Coventry to Wolverhampton and back. I agree though, it would be good to see

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on April 25, 2015, 08:28:16 PM
It would be possible, if the event was on a Sunday, but I don't know if anyone would want to drive a Citaro Bendi all the way from Coventry to Wolverhampton and back. I agree though, it would be good to see

Would Tony be allowed to i wonder?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

If anyone is looking to do it, I don't mind although I'll the appropriate training  :P , I remember their was 1 at AG at an open day so it doesn't seem to far fetched   

domino.99

Just to say it's a driver organising it not Tony! The driver who is organising the event is trying his best to get a wide aray of buses available to be on show.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXDom on April 25, 2015, 08:56:31 PM
Just to say it's a driver organising it not Tony! The driver is trying his best to get a wide aray of buses available to be on show.

I know Tony is not organising it, but am sure Tony can drive Bendi's.

Am sure if Tony was asked and he was allowed to by the Management, he would bring one to the Open Day!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

GeminiFan1991

Didn't know drivers could organize open days ! Seeing as the Open Day is on a Sunday, I can't but be optimistic

Trident 4609

Quote from: BusFan on April 25, 2015, 09:10:25 PM
Didn't know drivers could organize open days ! Seeing as the Open Day is on a Sunday, I can't but be optimistic

The Open Day raises funds for the charity WN garage supports (The Air Ambulance iirc)

horsencart

This is not a criticism  but a mere observation to whom ever  draws up the poster for the event and that is to  use a Guy  Arab on the poster and not what looks like a photo of Yardley Wood Bus Garage on the poster used last ear NXWM must have at least one photo of a Wolverhampton Guy  this is the poster for last year  and do we all agree that it looks like Yardley Wood Bus Garage?  https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/14522626898/in/photolist-o8jg1W-o3bANj-oju1aJ-ojDg1W-o3cL9Q-ojuPcQ-ojoWbZ-o3d4S4-ohDTAL-ojDxno-ohEf9u-ojFN5Z-o3cZVX-ojuke5-ojFx1k-o3c38Y-omrsit-omrLN4-ohDJ3C-ojoZxi-ojEckC-omrvui-ojp4kP-omrVDk-ohEmsG-o3ctwT-o3bX3X-ojE6vw-ojFiBg-o3d7ne-o3ctbS-o3ccwC-oms3SZ-ojpDkn-ojFZX6-ojFAVe-o3bUax-o3dhjt-ojFJVT-ohE7Xf-o3cvhf-ohEjnj-o3dDy2-ojDFj5-o3cn8k-o3cWLk-ojEbDh-jvHFQf-jvJSuS-jvGRzB

Or have I got it wrong? 

Stevo

Although Wolverhampton depots did use Birmingham vehicles in BCT livery the photo is completely wrong. A pic of NXWM's own CVG6 3225 would have been better, as I presume it will be there.

Westy

Think that is the day after Ken Dodd is at Dudley Town Hall, which Ive got tickets for.

Doubtful Id surface before late afternoon if Doddy overruns as usual!

GeminiFan1991

So what happens on a Open Day ?! I ask this because I intend to come alone so I'd like to know what the day will consist of.

Liberator9

There's usually a line up of buses, mix of preserved and NX vehicles, which you can go on and have a look around. E.G When YW and AG had their open days, there was a B7 and Citaro at AG which were available to go in, and at YW one of the Hybrid E400s. Usually some enthusiast stores there as well to have a look at - they're pretty good to go to; best was certainly the YW/AG day, when they were also running shuttles between the garages with a host of preserved vehicles. Would be nice to have a repeat of that at some point in the near future  :)

Gareth

Nothing will ever be better than the Wolverhampton open day in (I think) 1998. Where you could pay £3 and drive a lynx 😃😃

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk