News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

I'm not sure on Mr rams health or how serious it is. If serious enough maybe he is unable to continue. All I'm saying is let's wait till we hear more before judging

the trainbasher

@Steveminor And all I'm saying is that even though Mr Ram may be ill, it doesn't excuse the other drivers, and I'm sure you'll agree, to run non compliant.

I feel as if i'm talking to a brick wall! There again, if you are truly the professional you make out to be, you'll know that about compliance anyway!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

trident4370

You wouldn't expect all Virgin Trains drivers to stop driving trains if Richard Branson was ill, I think is the point Tom is trying to rightly make.

Steveminor

I am well aware of compliance but remember ram is a sole trader. Remember caves, when George died the company closed overnight. Let's just see what has happened. I have been unable to contact Mr ram has anyone else. I for one am more concerned with the man rather than compliance.  Or am I wrong to do that?

the trainbasher

@trident4370 exactly. At work, if my boss was off ill for a prolonged period, yes I'd be worried about them but I'd also do the work that I had to do, mainly as otherwise I'd be breaching my contract of employment. My job has items that are a statutory requirement, just like my job dealing with items under the Traffic Management Act (plus various other statutory regulations), a driver on a bus running compliantly is a statutory requirement in the bus industry. And not turning up at all like what grs are doing at times isn't compliant with the terms of the registration and the operating licence.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andrew1991

If the buses aren't running, how are the drivers being paid. Surely GRS can't have that much money to burn.

karl724223

No grs again today

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on July 22, 2014, 09:28:56 PM
No grs again today

Is this happening because of Mr Ram's health or is there some issue we are unaware of.

If you think about it, GRS have been non compliant for a while, the service is registered between Stourbridge Bus Station and Dudley Bus Station, but neither bus station can be used because they have not asked for any stand time at either or have they paid Centro for the bus station use. Before Mr Ram registered the service, Mr Ram must have been aware that the service would need to use the bus stations and the costs etc which would be incurred.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andrew1991

Nothing has been mentioned on the GRS facebook page

Jay

any news on whats going on?
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

driver

problem with there insurance its being sorted then there back

the trainbasher

Quote from: driver on July 28, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

Isn't that how AMPM went?? Insurance problems?

Jay

ok thanks
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

domino.99

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 28, 2014, 06:45:09 PM

Isn't that how AMPM went?? Insurance problems?
Believe it was

the trainbasher

Does anyone know if they've been out the last few days as I have been out of the region parts of this week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk