News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Followed the blue and white heap today no brake lights working

the trainbasher

Quote from: karl724223 on June 26, 2014, 08:11:46 PM
Followed the blue and white heap today no brake lights working

Program number 11 (sometimes found on a piece of paper, or in diamonds case some drivers favourite when running empty to depot) most suitable on the hanovers!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

What's that post got to do with the bus running round with no brake lights working????????????

the trainbasher

Quote from: karl724223 on June 26, 2014, 08:18:44 PM
What's that post got to do with the bus running round with no brake lights working????????????

Empty to mechanics bay.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

driver

karl i stopped the driver and told him and the centro bloke also said it was a pg9 and bus shouldnt be out he told me to mind my own business and carried on all afternoon driving round at 15mph slowing down our busses

richie

Quote from: driver on June 26, 2014, 09:53:14 PM
karl i stopped the driver and told him and the centro bloke also said it was a pg9 and bus shouldnt be out he told me to mind my own business and carried on all afternoon driving round at 15mph slowing down our busses

Professional's

domino.99

@driver technically it is your business as GRS aren't the only ones who operate on the 246 and not the best by a bloody country mile!

the trainbasher

R923RAU was parked up outside Kwiksave driverless about 1940hrs.

PM

Had a ride on their 246 yesterday. They weren't using Stourbridge bus station and most weren't using Dudley bus station either but I did see an AFM dart pull into Dudley pretty fast and leave without picking anyone up-maybe unloading.

There seems to be a lot of potential on this corridor-it's a nice fairly short route so without throwing too much at it, they should be able to match NX bus for bus.

Some of their buses were carrying decent loads yesterday with cash-payers and I had a nice ride on a RAU dart with the brilliant, patient and friendly ex Joe's Travel driver. There seemed to be a fair few GRS's parked up not doing a lot though at certain points of the route.

The LOX/VLA darts are pretty awful but the RAU one I went on was rattle free, clean and tidy and very quiet for a dart.

They could be doing more to help themselves though:

Get the buses allowed into bus stations

Get the VLA repainted red ASAP

1 more bus or so on the route

Some vinyls/promotion etc and potentially a cheaper return fare.

I do like GRS though and would like to see them start on the 222 in the future as when I saw that yesterday it appeared to be pretty busy, especially for e200's.

andrew1991

P202 OLX now has 202 drawn on the side in permanent marker, the driver is having to get out of his cab to pull the doors open and push them shut.

PM

AFM dart/P202/R923RAU on there yesterday. R923RAU had its regular driver who passengers seemed to know. One even remarked to a friend that their drivers were all really nice.

Probably best to ask @the trainbasher but does anyone have any info on what the PVR for their 246 is and what other vehicles are owned. Was the FFC ex Diamond dart ever acquired, along with the blue MPD and T201AFM as I've never seen them out.

Also, are there plans to get them into the bus stations and get the 222 up and running.

If they do that, they'll have a pretty good network of services, preferably followed by something like the X96 or even the X26 run by Hanson's which seemed to be doing ok yesterday whenever I saw them... Strange it's being cancelled...

Jay

i have not seen them on the 246 2day at all
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

PM

Really? Have you travelled the full length of the route?

Jay

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 19, 2014, 06:03:08 PM
Really? Have you travelled the full length of the route?

i live on the route i see the nx do the route but not grs
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

the trainbasher

T201 is on the 246 with Joes Travel legals last time I checked

The blue v reg dart is not being used as it's foxtrot uniformed

R404 I'm not sure if he will use it or not but it was one of the darts I programmed

The vehicle requirement for the 246 is 4 (75 minute round trip on a 20 minute frequency)

I don't know what the plan is but he was going to do the 222 before the problems with centro came up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk