News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

GRS Travel

Started by Tomjusttom, April 27, 2012, 11:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

GRS are a laughing stock it's like they don't want passengers. The other day I tried to flag down one of them at the first stop after Dudley bus station. The turban guy driving looked and decided he didn't want me so drove past. Joke was on him as I got on the 310 behind which promptly overtook allowing me to swap onto his bus at Russells Hall. Was expecting him to not bother going into the hospital.

There's also a notice on one of their buses advertising a holiday with GRS for £15 lol.

the trainbasher

Took a visit to GRS Travels depot as they wanted the Hanover LEDs reprogrammed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomsbusphotos/sets/72157644501012077/

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on May 29, 2014, 10:19:15 PM
GRS are a laughing stock it's like they don't want passengers. The other day I tried to flag down one of them at the first stop after Dudley bus station. The turban guy driving looked and decided he didn't want me so drove past. Joke was on him as I got on the 310 behind which promptly overtook allowing me to swap onto his bus at Russells Hall. Was expecting him to not bother going into the hospital.

There's also a notice on one of their buses advertising a holiday with GRS for £15 lol.

Thats for when he took the bus to Blackpool last year!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 29, 2014, 10:27:20 PM

They used a dart for a 100 mile plus trip up the M6?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on May 29, 2014, 10:30:19 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 29, 2014, 10:27:20 PM

They used a dart for a 100 mile plus trip up the M6?

That i am not sure. I think he might have took HIL6975 or something similar

PM

@the trainbasher

I see on your photostream you programmed R404FFC with GRS displays-do you know if this has been acquired by them or is still part of the assets of the defunct Joe's Travel?

Cheers :)

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 29, 2014, 10:32:06 PM
@the trainbasher

I see on your photostream you programmed R404FFC with GRS displays-do you know if this has been acquired by them or is still part of the assets of the defunct Joe's Travel?

Its GRS now same with T201

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 29, 2014, 10:33:12 PM
@the trainbasher

Thanks-glad it has been acquired!! :)

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 29, 2014, 10:41:04 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 29, 2014, 10:33:12 PM
@the trainbasher

Thanks-glad it has been acquired!! :)

Just uploaded a couple of more pics on to my flickr

the trainbasher

So what do folks think of the new destination display style?

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 30, 2014, 12:46:55 PM
So what do folks think of the new destination display style?

Really like it tbh!! Clear and wasy to read though it would be nice to see the areas either side of the new display painted black. The key will be ensuring text isn't cut off on certain buses and that all drivers use them correctly!!

karl724223

Shouldn't the numbers be on the near side ??

HTA844N

MR GRS wanted the old school style!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: baker_06 on May 30, 2014, 02:28:59 PM

Good lad! Repping 2008 ;) ;)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: baker_06 on May 30, 2014, 02:28:59 PM

Yes. Those people with poor eyesight are a pain. They might fall over when he's racing other buses.  Better not let them see the service number

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk