News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara4352

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 04, 2015, 05:40:24 PM
Does anyone know if anything's going to happen to 4763 - 4776 when WA gets platinum buses?
They wouldn't ge withdrawn they would proble stay at WA or be transferred to another Garage

Alex

Does anyone know if anything's going to happen to 4763 - 4776 when WA gets platinum buses?

When the Platinum E400MMC's arrive, the early Y reg Tridents are going, so i would say 4763-4776 should stay at WA
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

James4368

Quote from: ARJ2901 on January 04, 2015, 05:48:36 PM

When the Platinum E400MMC's arrive, the early Y reg Tridents are going, so i would say 4763-4776 should stay at WA
at the moment I don't think theres a actual date for delivery of new Platinum buses should be during 2015 though
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Trident 4609

No one said the Y Reg tridents were leaving WA....

Stu

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

There are 70 odd euro 2 B7TLs which will surely be replaced before withdrawal of euro 3 Tridents begins.

And the Spectras!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on January 04, 2015, 06:12:31 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 05:54:12 PM

There are 70 odd euro 2 B7TLs which will surely be replaced before withdrawal of euro 3 Tridents begins.

And the Spectras!
Atleast get the Tridents transferred. Don't want those to go :(           

MrBevan2000

I have been told the MMC's are due the end of next month and deliveries will take place until September. They should be delivered to Walsall or Miller Street before being allocated to their depots.

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on January 09, 2015, 08:56:38 AM
I have been told the MMC's are due the end of next month and deliveries will take place until September. They should be delivered to Walsall or Miller Street before being allocated to their depots.

NXWM have issued a press release which has been discussed in other topics clearly stating deliveries start in March, not next month and who says the first deliveries are to be 400MMCs. In fact the press release clearly states the Palitinum MMCs will be the last delivered in September

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2015, 09:14:07 AM
Quote from: Michael Bevan on January 09, 2015, 08:56:38 AM

NXWM have issued a press release which has been discussed in other topics clearly stating deliveries start in March, not next month and who says the first deliveries are to be 400MMCs. In fact the press release clearly states the Palitinum MMCs will be the last delivered in September

Tony, the NX press release contradicts itself, first it says 'due to hit the streets next month i.e. Feb, then in the next sentence it says March

National Express West Midlands and Centro have today announced the timetable for the region's record £34million investment into new buses, with the first of the new buses due to hit the streets next month. On average a new bus will be hitting the region's streets every day between March and August.

Roy

The Express & Star have picked up on the "next month" announcement.

In terms of the oldest buses in the fleet, there are 15 x B6 (WN),  14 x B10L (WA), 53 x Mercs (CV, PE, WB), 18 x Spectras (WN) and 80 x Presidents (AG, WB, YW).  That's a total of 180 buses older than the oldest Trident.

winston

Quote from: Roy on January 09, 2015, 11:15:09 AM
The Express & Star have picked up on the "next month" announcement.

In terms of the oldest buses in the fleet, there are 15 x B6 (WN),  14 x B10L (WA), 53 x Mercs (CV, PE, WB), 18 x Spectras (WN) and 80 x Presidents (AG, WB, YW).  That's a total of 180 buses older than the oldest Trident.

Roy, I make it 14 x B6LE left at WN

Roy

Hi Winston

You're probably right.  I had to do an edit on my original post because I still had 1669 at WN.  I must run an audit of my file against Tony's to make sure that mine is 100% correct.

In terms of the press release, I am wondering whether the first deliveries may be taking place in February with the buses having 15 plates, meaning that they couldn't be placed into service until March. 

winston

Quote from: Roy on January 09, 2015, 11:32:09 AM
Hi Winston

You're probably right.  I had to do an edit on my original post because I still had 1669 at WN.  I must run an audit of my file against Tony's to make sure that mine is 100% correct.

In terms of the press release, I am wondering whether the first deliveries may be taking place in February with the buses having 15 plates, meaning that they couldn't be placed into service until March.

Roy, I agree with all your other quantities, other than the B6LE total. Although, there are 179 buses that could potentially be withdrawn from NXWM as a result of the new intake, don't forget there are 6 x B10L & 22 x B10BLE's that need to be removed from service before the end on 2015 due to DDA. As Dundee doesn't appear to be getting anything new, cascades from NXWM seem the most likely.

I'd have thought the reserve fleet might be having a clearout imminently to clear some room for the next lot

don

Quote from: Winston on January 09, 2015, 11:42:46 AM
Quote from: Roy on January 09, 2015, 11:32:09 AM
Hi Winston

Roy, I agree with all your other quantities, other than the B6LE total. Although, there are 179 buses that could potentially be withdrawn from NXWM as a result of the new intake, don't forget there are 6 x B10L & 22 x B10BLE's that need to be removed from service before the end on 2015 due to DDA. As Dundee doesn't appear to be getting anything new, cascades from NXWM seem the most likely.

I'd have thought the reserve fleet might be having a clearout imminently to clear some room for the next lot

Winston/Roy - all I would add to this is there have been reports on the forum (but not in much detail) of a further couple or more Spectras which haven't moved for a while and also similar for a handful of bendis at Coventry. Also I have 13 B10Ls at Walsall following December's changes reported.

Regarding withdrawals as has been said before, they rarely occur in an oldest out first pattern when there is a large pool of vehicles due for withdrawal - more likely to be based on condition etc. some of the early Tridents are amongst the earlier repaints to NX livery - would these get repainted now? Who knows but withdrawals may go beyond the oldest vehicles. This has always happened in the past with Midland Red, BCT, WMPTE, TWM etc so I wouldn't be surprised to see buses beyond 4125 withdrawn.

Regarding Dundee, there is also a vehicle age issue with the Presidents and the school bus contract which requires even more either new or cascaded vehicles to go there.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on January 09, 2015, 12:47:52 PM

Winston/Roy - all I would add to this is there have been reports on the forum (but not in much detail) of a further couple or more Spectras which haven't moved for a while and also similar for a handful of bendis at Coventry. Also I have 13 B10Ls at Walsall following December's changes reported.

Regarding withdrawals as has been said before, they rarely occur in an oldest out first pattern when there is a large pool of vehicles due for withdrawal - more likely to be based on condition etc. some of the early Tridents are amongst the earlier repaints to NX livery - would these get repainted now? Who knows but withdrawals may go beyond the oldest vehicles. This has always happened in the past with Midland Red, BCT, WMPTE, TWM etc so I wouldn't be surprised to see buses beyond 4125 withdrawn.

Regarding Dundee, there is also a vehicle age issue with the Presidents and the school bus contract which requires even more either new or cascaded vehicles to go there.

Don, no it's still 14 excluding 1433 which was withdrawn during Dec. Just checked mine against / Tony's NXWM fleetlist.

The Presidents could just go on to commercial routes with 54 plate Gemini's going on to Fife schools to overcome that issue short term

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk