News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 22, 2014, 08:03:17 PM
Quote from: clayderman on October 22, 2014, 04:57:01 PM
Quote from: Nathan on October 22, 2014, 09:59:02 AM
Quote from: clayderman on October 21, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
Not about the E400, not even in the UK - but heres the progression of MMC in North America, starting with their new styled E500s... They do look nicer, in my opinion, I think the front bumper gives the overall look a better finish. However, on all American ADL products, I find the rear lights are too big (stylewise) - I'm sure it helps during dark hours of the night... :)

Do you have any pictures?

http://www.alexander-dennis.com/gallery/enviro500-north-america-exterior/

Au contraire. I dislike the bumpers, it doesn't look right to me.

Yeah the design for that has had a heavy influence from USA road laws. Larger rear light clusters, the big bumpers, the generic steering wheel etc etc
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Video I've found of a ride taken on one of the new Enviro 400 MMCs in Oxford.

Seems to make a few horrible sounds around the 2 minute mark.

tank90

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 31, 2014, 07:58:09 PM
Video I've found of a ride taken on one of the new Enviro 400 MMCs in Oxford.

Seems to make a few horrible sounds around the 2 minute mark.

Maybe the road is in a poor state. But in a world of silly management of roads we need to cut slack on the bus builders and not moan they dont lay the roads. Just saying...
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stevo

If they're like that when new what'll they be like after a few years on Black Country roads?

tank90

Quote from: Stevo on November 02, 2014, 08:36:57 PM
If they're like that when new what'll they be like after a few years on Black Country roads?

From memory when in the smoother roads and stationary it didn't rattle one bit. Our greatest problem in this country we always go for a cheap fix and we end up with a poor result thus meaning things wear quicker and rattle.
I say spend less on redressing roads and spend it on resufacing; ironing out problems and if utilites then have to dig up the roads they redo the whole road and not patched. But this will never happen.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

lauren1993

I wonder how long it will be until one is towed in...
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

JoNi

Sampled one of Reading's Enviro MMC today.
Smooth ride, plenty of leg room upstairs at the front.
The large screen in upstairs windscreen is next stop info not CCTV.
As evident in the attached image the windows upstairs are slightly deeper. Seats in new Enviro's aren't as deep as on Reading's older ones but at least the one at the front above the driver isn't just a piece of hardboard covered in moquette.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/S654Ji

Impressed by subtle difference in the livery branding without loosing the impact.

Stevo

That's the sort of livery we need for NXWM. Substitute red for the claret at the front and white for the red and you'd have a simple improvement to the current livery. Then use dark grey instead of white and you'd have a platinum livery.

CL

Not sure if it's been shown yet, but heres a Reading Buses E400MMC in their generic grey livery. Looks astounding!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/londonstreetscenes/15457316108/in/pool-2640054@N24
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

JoNi

Liberator9

Could see that in NX red, with silver, in that style - really like that livery.

Liverpool Street

Really impressed with the livery and the new E400MMC. Looks very very good. Looking forward to NX's examples.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

The Fox 4846

You know 4776 has now got NXWM seating,
Does anyone know if that's going to happen to the rest (4763 - 4775)?
I mean have NXWM seating instead of leather seating
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

John

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on January 04, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
You know 4776 has now got NXWM seating,
Does anyone know if that's going to happen to the rest (4763 - 4775)?
I mean have NXWM seating instead of leather seating

I would presume so when they get refurbished. The same with 1847 (that also has the grey NX seating) and I guess 1844 will also when it comes back from refurb

The Fox 4846

Does anyone know if anything's going to happen to 4763 - 4776 when WA gets platinum buses?
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk