News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Not about the E400, not even in the UK - but heres the progression of MMC in North America, starting with their new styled E500s... They do look nicer, in my opinion, I think the front bumper gives the overall look a better finish. However, on all American ADL products, I find the rear lights are too big (stylewise) - I'm sure it helps during dark hours of the night... :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on October 21, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
Not about the E400, not even in the UK - but heres the progression of MMC in North America, starting with their new styled E500s... They do look nicer, in my opinion, I think the front bumper gives the overall look a better finish. However, on all American ADL products, I find the rear lights are too big (stylewise) - I'm sure it helps during dark hours of the night... :)

Do you have any pictures?

CL

Quote from: Nathan on October 22, 2014, 09:59:02 AM

http://www.alexander-dennis.com/gallery/enviro500-north-america-exterior/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

monkeyjoe

I wonder with this new BBC3 reality TV show coming, it might make potential stars out of the Chelmsley Wood crew. Surely routes like 97 & 94 might qualify for an upgrade then, these routes will probably end up carrying TV stars. :)  ::)

P419 EJW

Quote from: clayderman on October 22, 2014, 04:57:01 PM
Quote from: Nathan on October 22, 2014, 09:59:02 AM

http://www.alexander-dennis.com/gallery/enviro500-north-america-exterior/

Au contraire. I dislike the bumpers, it doesn't look right to me.

Alex

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 22, 2014, 07:51:31 PM
I wonder with this new BBC3 reality TV show coming, it might make potential stars out of the Chelmsley Wood crew. Surely routes like 97 & 94 might qualify for an upgrade then, these routes will probably end up carrying TV stars. :)  ::)
I extremely doubt it, i mean when have our buses carried celebrities... and i reckon the 94 could be given a bit of an upgrade next year, if the Platinum buses replace 13 Plate E400's, so those could be cascaded for the 94. Just an idea, no one bite my head off
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Mike K

Didn't work for the 101 with Benefits Street.

monkeyjoe

Ha ha fair point. That was just a Street, this is a whole area lol.

Tony

I had Wendy Richards as a passenger on 3225 once!

danny

Asin Pauline Fowler Wendy Richards!!!! Wow I'd of been star struck
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on October 23, 2014, 01:37:15 AM
Asin Pauline Fowler Wendy Richards!!!! Wow I'd of been star struck

Yes, but she was Miss Brahms to me (are you being served)

midlandred2003

That was nice Tony, I had Nora Batty get on a No 9 in broad street once she was very chatty all the way to the strathallon hotel, cant remember her real name?

Cheese

Quote from: midlandred2003 on October 23, 2014, 02:39:55 PM
That was nice Tony, I had Nora Batty get on a No 9 in broad street once she was very chatty all the way to the strathallon hotel, cant remember her real name?

Kathy Staff?

Gareth

Quote from: midlandred2003 on October 23, 2014, 02:39:55 PM

Would that be during her time on Crossroads? There's many stories about the cast using local buses to get to the ATV/Central studios.
I've got a great photo of Noele Gordon and Tony Adams on board a WMPTE fleetline. Another story is Noele Gordon telling the producer that a cast member was going to be late. 'Ive just passed her at the bus stop' as she drove into the studio in her Rolls Royce.

Apologies for going off topic!

Liberator9

May be of interest - someone's blog post on the Enviro 400MMC and their ride on it

http://wltmauc.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-major-model-change-part-1.html

I am slightly concerned to see that the ride is slightly harder than previously. The ride couldn't get any firmer than the current Enviro 400s surely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk