News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

Roy's list includes all the services mentioned in the consultation except the 8A/8C and 58,59,60. they said the 8A/8C may not change at the time and I think the Coventry Road is the difficult one. The services through Small Heath are very busy and should not be reduced, which makes it hard to think of an alternative to the present routes, unless an extra bus is put on to give more layover time.

Roy

The following has been posted on the Worcestershire County Council website at

27th April 2014

Service 45 (National Express West Midlands)
Birmingham – West Heath - Longbridge

This, seven days a week, commercial service has a revised route and timetable. It will be extended to/from Longbridge Railway Station via Lickey Road, Rednal and Groveley Lane to Cofton Hackett. It will operate every 12 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays, every
20 minutes on Sundays and every 30 minutes on all evenings. The operating time will be between 0515 (Mondays to Saturdays), 0845 (Sundays) and 2400. This service operates in conjunction with service 47

Service 47 (National Express West Midlands)
Birmingham – West Heath – Cofton Hackett

This, seven days a week, commercial service has a revised timetable. It will operate every 12 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays, every 20 minutes on Sundays and every 30 minutes on all evenings. The operating time will be between 0500 (Mondays to Saturdays), 0730 (Sundays) and 2400. This service operates in conjunction with the new service 45

Service 49 (National Express West Midlands)
Weoley Castle – Northfield – Rubery – Maypole - Solihull

This, seven days a week, commercial service has a revised route and timetable. It will only operate between Northfield and Solihull with journeys alternating between Northfield or Longbridge and Solihull. The timetable will be adjusted to improve reliability.

Service 63 (National Express West Midlands)
Birmingham – Longbridge - Rubery

This, seven days a week, commercial service has a revised timetable, this is adjusted to improve reliability.

jnl1984

Any further news on the 29/29A route / frequency?

Liverpool Street

""Service 63 (National Express West Midlands)
Birmingham – Longbridge - Rubery
This, seven days a week, commercial service has a revised timetable, this is adjusted to improve reliability.""

The 63 is now very reliable, I didn't think it required changing. I think they mean the 61, outbound...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Roy

I have heard that all Black Country services subsidised by Centro and with contacts due to end this April will have contract extensions until October 2014.  Contracts will then be awarded using the new guidelines because of budget cuts.  So expect some big changes from October.

PM

Quote from: Roy on April 04, 2014, 03:56:45 PM
I have heard that all Black Country services subsidised by Centro and with contacts due to end this April will have contract extensions until October 2014.  Contracts will then be awarded using the new guidelines because of budget cuts.  So expect some big changes from October.

I did think it was strange that there was no mention of any black country contracts on VOSA-thanks for that Roy. Presumably services tendered in March and October 2011 will be up for grabs in October then?

Stuharris 6360

I see on the news today that a quarter of the workforce at Centro is to be cut as part of budget savings of £7m.

Staff numbers will be reduced by 89 with councillors voting to slash jobs rather than services.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 04, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

I did think it was strange that there was no mention of any black country contracts on VOSA-thanks for that Roy. Presumably services tendered in March and October 2011 will be up for grabs in October then?

That's right.  There will be a lot of changes in October and it could see some existing routes completely revamped into new services that fit into the new guidelines.

PM

Quote from: Roy on April 04, 2014, 04:15:58 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on April 04, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

That's right.  There will be a lot of changes in October and it could see some existing routes completely revamped into new services that fit into the new guidelines.

Are the new guidelines just cheap, cheap cheap or is there anything other than that to them?

Roy

To quote the Centro document.

There will be a change to Subsidised Bus Access standards.  The minimum number of passengers per journey will rise from 5 to 8, and the cost per journey will be reduced to a maximum of £1.60.  The Subsidised Bus budget is set at £8.3m, which assumes operator costs continue to fall next year.

PM

Quote from: Roy on April 04, 2014, 04:53:54 PM

There will be a change to Subsidised Bus Access standards.  The minimum number of passengers per journey will rise from 5 to 8, and the cost per journey will be reduced to a maximum of £1.60.  The Subsidised Bus budget is set at £8.3m, which assumes operator costs continue to fall next year.

Thanks for posting Roy. That seems a massive assumption if you ask me...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 04, 2014, 04:55:09 PM

And me, suppose for example that diesel costs rise heavily, which is always a possibility in the current climate, there would be no way then that operators could reduce there costs.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 04, 2014, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on April 04, 2014, 04:55:09 PM

And me, suppose for example that diesel costs rise heavily, which is always a possibility in the current climate, there would be no way then that operators could reduce there costs.

And wage costs rising as well as insurance costs.

Liverpool Street

Well if I don't hear anything about these changes some time this week I will be giving Centro a rollocking! Fancy like leaving the public in the dark about this, so we're going to get - what - a weeks notice? Pull your act together! Let me guess, even the drivers don't even know for certain what's going to be happening. I've never known a company so compliant about keeping everyone in the dark for the longest time possible. And not only that the staff should have at least 6 weeks notice! According to my sources, and speaking to drivers, that has yet to happen.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Steve3229vp

This is typical of National Express and Network West Midlands, these changes take place 3 weeks today, they always keep changes under wraps like it's a big major secret, they should be ashamed of themselves

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk