News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM's Super-X Displays

Started by CL, February 07, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

That was it I think it was Chinese symbols, with a load of random punctuation thrown in, on 4697 although the "Not In Service" on the top line was displaying fine!

Liverpool Street

I see what you mean on a regular basis with PB Enviros

Quote from: P419 EJW on July 11, 2014, 05:16:47 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 11, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on July 11, 2014, 10:41:52 AM
Not long seen 4697 in town not in service, but instead of scrolling the App message it was just scrolling a load of gibberish symbols

Same with that BC 44xx Trident with LED's. All Chinese symbols scrolling across.

You know... That reminds me one afternoon I was on 67 and passed a £12 branded E400 serving 115 but the display displayed Chinese symbols. I was like what the f*ck haha. But it did look like the destination has been squashed into a small square, full of Chinese symbols. It was strange to see that.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

I have put a photo of 4697 on the main site

CL

One of WA's Scanias now has superX displays for the 4. Seen displaying its way to Walsall, in Oldbury. GOD KNOWS what it had at the bottom, because it was either too small, or I just don't remember... ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

Not such a big deal nowadays with other garages, but since WB has got the Soho Road Enviros, I think they've been having some fun with HELEN.

Now, the front of the bus has no via points, just '75 Wednesbury' or what have you, tbh, from a distance, it'll look like a Short Journey, but now, something has striked me that I thought I'd never see again. And that was 2 lines rear display, like when the Toothpaste Presidents would appear from time to time on the 74, with B'ham written underneath it...

This display was in Super-X form, on service 74, from what I could see, and the rear had Birmingham scrolling across the TOP, with the route on the lower part of the display...

CL

Does anybody know how to get the fonts on the front display to look the same, such as have the bottom font on the top?

Example: (at 2:07)

Russ Smith

Just wondering - what do short journeys of A variations run as? For example, the 900A(E) to just the Airport, 0510 from Birmingham, is this a 900A, or a 900E, or 900AE or what?

Whilst on the subject, have X routes ever ran as 'E's? If the 900 becomes the X1 (as possibly per the NX Platinum thread), would the airport shorts just be X1s as well as the Coventry X1s, or X1Es? I've noticed NX note the Woodcock Hill X64 as an X64E, and the Walsall X51s as X51Es on their 'last buses home' page; it looks stupid but surely inconsistent if some routes use Es and some don't.

andrew1991

Quote from: Russ Smith on November 13, 2014, 11:24:30 AM
Just wondering - what do short journeys of A variations run as? For example, the 900A(E) to just the Airport, 0510 from Birmingham, is this a 900A, or a 900E, or 900AE or what?

Whilst on the subject, have X routes ever ran as 'E's? If the 900 becomes the X1 (as possibly per the NX Platinum thread), would the airport shorts just be X1s as well as the Coventry X1s, or X1Es? I've noticed NX note the Woodcock Hill X64 as an X64E, and the Walsall X51s as X51Es on their 'last buses home' page; it looks stupid but surely inconsistent if some routes use Es and some don't.

X96E's are just X96 Dudley, X96 Merry Hill & X96 Stourbridge

Russ Smith

CL

Quote from: Russ Smith on November 13, 2014, 11:24:30 AM

Otherwise, they'd use the normal service number, but have Short Journey on the bottom of the display. Unless it's an A/C circular, then replace the A or the C with an E, and a definitive destination.

Matt.N0056

Looks as if AG are starting with super-x scrolling displays

John

I have noticed that the some of the OmniLinks on the 55 has scrolling via destinations now

trident4370

Super X has finally made it to YW, the destinations are more difficult to read now than before, same with AG and the Outer Circle!

CL

Quote from: trident4370 on December 11, 2014, 09:13:19 PM
Super X has finally made it to YW, the destinations are more difficult to read now than before, same with AG and the Outer Circle!

Never thought i'd see the day. Do the Outer Circle displays scroll?

trident4370

Quote from: clayderman on December 11, 2014, 10:53:55 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on December 11, 2014, 09:13:19 PM

Never thought i'd see the day. Do the Outer Circle displays scroll?
Thankfully not, but it has to be said even GRS have better displays than this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk