News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM's Super-X Displays

Started by CL, February 07, 2014, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: P419 EJW on June 30, 2014, 02:36:27 PM
You mean the number display position is back to the old position?

907 Birmingham

Or

Birmingham 907 ?

First one

67 Castle Vale and seen another also
Was on one of the new enviros

P419 EJW

Oh, that's brilliant. I prefer the number to be on the left and destination to be right (if you look at it outside). Don't know why they swapped them around, it looked a bit "ew". I wonder if that would apply to all buses soon?

Trident 4609

Quote from: P419 EJW on June 30, 2014, 08:13:49 PM
Oh, that's brilliant. I prefer the number to be on the left and destination to be right (if you look at it outside). Don't know why they swapped them around, it looked a bit "ew". I wonder if that would apply to all buses soon?

I'd imagine it was changed so the number was nearest the pavement and therefore easier for the passenger to read?

CL

I'm curious as to know were they static or super-x? Also in my opinion, a number on the left could be pulled off by only some buses* - but with LEDs? I feel it just looks right on the right, no pun intended.

*Definitely, the B10Ls, the Metrobuses & certainly Presidents. Do you know what all of these had in common? Rollerblinds. They all had manual rollerblinds on the left. And sure, some of the flip dots may look better on the left, there's some pictures on main site of B7TL ALX400s, but I really do prefer the right 'justification' to quote Hanover HELEN. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

vinh1000

Static like this

Old style

Animated

Matt.N0056

vinh1000

It was on them new enviros with the daysaver ad

Matt.N0056

andrew1991

anyone mentioned super-X on the X96 yet ?

CL

@Matt.N0056 - I think the Scania Articulated Buses have Mobitec Displays... Maybe i'm wrong, but their font certainly looks different from Hanover Displays. :)

Matt.N0056

@clayderman Yeah, they do, which was why I was asking as i thought they may have programmed them differently to the Hannovers :)

Stu

Don't know if this was mentioned already, but I saw, admittedly from a distance, YW's 4390(?), the Trident with the LED display on the front, with what looked like a Super-X display, while on the 6 earlier today on Camp Hill.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

2102 (unbranded) I know has it, for a while too

andrew1991

Quote from: John on July 01, 2014, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: Andrew on June 30, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

2102 (unbranded) I know has it, for a while too

That may have been the one i saw yesterday then, i know it wasn't a branded bus

CL

I usually see 2102 on the 120, but then I only see it in the City Centre! ::) Anyway, speaking of B7RLEs and PN routes, I personally think that BC's morning operation on the 9 is possibly the best displays in the entire fleet. Now, I know most of you guys aren't too fond of the Super-X '6' or '9' But I prefer these over the normal 'standard' ones. Here's an example of what's programmed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk