News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

26th January Changes

Started by notepanel, December 05, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Rob4367 on December 17, 2013, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: pb2012 on December 17, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
PD0001111/654 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station given service number 73 effective from 24-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

Is this got to do with the 73 instead of turning left out of Sedgemere Road up Garretts Green Lane turn round at the Island and go back down to Horrell Road and changing to turning right out of Sedgemere Road by any chance :)

It might be getting cut from Birmingham to serve Solihull - Heartlands (or somewhere nearby). Wasn't this mentioned a while back

Matt.N0056

Quote from: John on December 18, 2013, 03:53:08 PM
Quote from: Rob4367 on December 17, 2013, 07:03:25 PM
Quote from: pb2012 on December 17, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
PD0001111/654 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station given service number 73 effective from 24-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

Is this got to do with the 73 instead of turning left out of Sedgemere Road up Garretts Green Lane turn round at the Island and go back down to Horrell Road and changing to turning right out of Sedgemere Road by any chance :)

It might be getting cut from Birmingham to serve Solihull - Heartlands (or somewhere nearby). Wasn't this mentioned a while back

That was part of the south b'ham review, so if it happens will happen in feb?

Ashley

Has anybody got any info on WN62/62A changes?

John

Quote from: Ashley on December 24, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

The only thing mentioned on the list of changes on the NWM site are -

Minor timetable amendments, and both routes amended to operate via Gorsebrook Road

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 08:08:14 PM
Quote from: Ashley on December 24, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

The only thing mentioned on the list of changes on the NWM site are -

Minor timetable amendments, and both routes amended to operate via Gorsebrook Road

Presumably up Stafford Rd then left down Gorsebrook Rd then right onto current route?

Trident 4609

Wolverhampton and Walsall Changes from 26th January:

Route 10 (Arriva Midlands)- One journey an hour will be extended from Perton to Pattingham as Service 10A,One journey every 2 hours will be extended to Codsall from Perton as the 10B. Then the 10 will operate every two hours to Perton as it does now retaining the current frequency combined. Sunday frequency will be kept the same terminating as it does now at Perton

Route 25- Route withdrawn and replaced with Circular services 25A/C
Route 25A- Route extended from W'ton to Bilston via the 26 route creating a Circular W'ton-Wton service. Also amended to serve former 25 route via New Cross Hospital instead of the current 25A route via Long Knowle and Cannock Rd. Also amended to serve the new i54 site

25C-New service basically the reverse of the 25A

26-Service withdrawn and replaced with new circular services 25/A

40-Route amended to serve Clarkes Lane and Portobello Estate. Timetable amended accordingly
41-Timetable Amended
X51/X56- Route amended in Birmingham to operate into the city via the 51 route
62/A- Route amended to serve Stafford Rd and Gorsebrook Rd
68- (Arriva Midlands) Off Peak Journeys amended in Great Wyrley
69- Will operate straight down Lichfield Rd (Like route 59) instead of Linthouse Lane and terminus point in Wolverhampton from W'ton Bus Station to Victoria St. Timetable amended accordingly

70/A-Timetable changes in reponse to changes to the 69

82- Route amended to operate Via Deansfield Rd and Willenhall Rd in and out of Wolverhampton

89-Timetable amended during Peak Times and Saturday daytimes

516/7-Services Withdrawn and replaced with extended journeys of service 10 from Perton to Pattingham (As the 10A) and to Codsall (As service 10B)

Ashley

Thanks John and Nathan for the info :)

Kevin

Nooooooo! X51/X56 no longer using that bus stop on Newton street! Damn, further to walk in town in the morning then, lol

I assume the 40 is basically doing a bit of the old 333 route between Willenhall and Wolves then?
Intrigued by Arriva's 10A and 10B though, could be worth exploring on a day off
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley

Yes Kevin, the 40 will follow the old 333 route through portobello from Willenhall to Wolverhampton. Makes you wonder why Centro make some of the route changes taht they do because theres three in the above list reverting to the former and more logical lines of routes no doubt after 2 years of complaints

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on December 26, 2013, 09:49:39 AM
Nooooooo! X51/X56 no longer using that bus stop on Newton street! Damn, further to walk in town in the morning then, lol

I assume the 40 is basically doing a bit of the old 333 route between Willenhall and Wolves then?

The 10A/B i presume will be replacing the 516/7 which will be withdrawn

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Quote from: Nathan on December 26, 2013, 11:46:04 AM
Quote from: Kevin on December 26, 2013, 09:49:39 AM

The 10A/B i presume will be replacing the 516/7 which will be withdrawn

10A is replacing 516/517, looks like the 10B will be covering the same route as the 88A perton to codsall
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Ashley on December 26, 2013, 11:15:17 AM
Yes Kevin, the 40 will follow the old 333 route through portobello from Willenhall to Wolverhampton. Makes you wonder why Centro make some of the route changes taht they do because theres three in the above list reverting to the former and more logical lines of routes no doubt after 2 years of complaints

Also the 40 will run from Lodge Farm straight down Clarkes Lane to Shepwell Green then into Willenhall via the 529 route.

This partially restores part of the x31 but Stringes Lane loses its evening & Sunday service,  being left with service 326.

On the subject of Clarkes Lane, would I be correct in thinking previous to the x31,  the last regular journey along that section would've been a one way Monday to Friday journey prior to deregulation on former service 328?

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on December 26, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Quote from: Ashley on December 26, 2013, 11:15:17 AM

Also the 40 will run from Lodge Farm straight down Clarkes Lane to Shepwell Green then into Willenhall via the 529 route.

This partially restores part of the x31 but Stringes Lane loses its evening & Sunday service,  being left with service 326.

On the subject of Clarkes Lane, would I be correct in thinking previous to the x31,  the last regular journey along that section would've been a one way Monday to Friday journey prior to deregulation on former service 328?

The 303 (Bilston - County Bridge), currently serves the vast majority of Clarkes Lane, albeit only runs off-peak hours.

I am concerned about potential traffic congestion on that part of the route though!

SMK

Geez with the 82 going down Deansfield Road that means I lose my direct bus to Heath Town.
I don't think those at the West end of Deans Road are going to be happy.
Plus, those four bus stops they placed on Deans Road to accommodate the 82 were ultimately a waste of money.
Oh well at least the 40 is going into Portobello.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk