News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

26th January Changes

Started by notepanel, December 05, 2013, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: pb2012 on December 05, 2013, 06:57:50 PM
PD0001111/20 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall Bus Station and Mossley, Eagle Hotel given service number 70/70A effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD0001111/56 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall, Park Street and Willenhall, Union Street given service number 40/41 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD0001111/81 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham City Centre, Upper Bull Street and Dudley, Bus Station given service number 74/75 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.PD0001111/99 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, City Centre, Upper Bull Street and Wolverhampton, Bus Station given service number 79 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD0001111/131 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sutton Coldfield, Lower Parade and West Bromwich, Bus Station given service number 5 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD0001111/194 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton, Bus Station and Dudley, Bus Station given service number 82 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route.
PD0001111/222 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall, Bridge Streett and Willenhall, Union Street given service number 69 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD0001111/283 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Bilston Bus Station given service number 26 effective from 26-Jan-2014.
PD0001111/528 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Wolverhampton Bus Station given service number 682/682A effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD0001111/649 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall and Wolverhampton given service number 8/89 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Timetable.
PD0001111/670 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Willenhall, Union Street given service number 28 effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
PD0001111/671 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Bilston, Bus Station given service number 25/25A effective from 26-Jan-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Blimey, some of that info is wrong / out of date.

70/70A doesn't go to Mossley Eagle Hotel.

Park Street in Walsall hasn't been used as a terminus for years & Bridge Street was only used as a terminus while they were building the bus station.

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on December 05, 2013, 10:29:46 PM

Park Street in Walsall hasn't been used as a terminus for years & Bridge Street was only used as a terminus while they were building the bus station.

From what I can tell VOSA registrations are notoriously out of date
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on December 05, 2013, 10:34:19 PM
Quote from: Westy on December 05, 2013, 10:29:46 PM

From what I can tell VOSA registrations are notoriously out of date

Which is why people shouldn't get excited and start jumping to conclusions when they get announced.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

notepanel

Some of the changes are now detailed on Councillor Ian Shires webpage.

* The 28 will no longer serve the loop in Ashmore Park
* The 40 will operate via Clarkes Lane & Portobello Estate. (I'm assuming here it will operate via Clarkes Lane to the Temple, then 529 route into Willenhall & will operate the previous 333 route after Willenhall).
* The 69 will after Coppice Farm basically follow the 89 route into Wolverhampton. It will no longer serve the bus station, operating a loop via Broad St, Lichfield St, Victoria St, Cleveland St, and Market St. I believe this is the route of the original 69 which lasted about 6 weeks prior to being amended after the initial review.

Also of note, from the same date Diamond are apparently withdrawing Evening journeys off the 301.

Trident 4609

I've also been informed from a Park Lane driver that the 28 will leave Wolverhampton like the 59 (Pipers Row,Queen St,Princess St and Broad St)

I presume the 69 will stop serving the bus station because of low passenger loadings from the station?

Btw the 69 used to also go straight down Lichfield Rd towards Wednesfield (Like 59/89) unread of Linthouse Lane,Ridge Lane,Moathouse Lane West and Wood-End Rd

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on December 17, 2013, 05:55:54 PM
I've also been informed from a Park Lane driver that the 28 will leave Wolverhampton like the 59 (Pipers Row,Queen St,Princess St and Broad St)

I presume the 69 will stop serving the bus station because of low passenger loadings from the station?

Btw the 69 used to also go straight down Lichfield Rd towards Wednesfield (Like 59/89) unread of Linthouse Lane,Ridge Lane,Moathouse Lane West and Wood-End Rd

Does this mean the 69 now follows the 89 route exactly between Coppice Farm and Wolverhampton? (i.e. missing out Moathouse Lane, etc)

Trident 4609

Would imagine it will still go up Linthouse Lane as there are good loadings to that part of the route. Reason it was rerouted up there was so that part had a bus service after the old 525 was altered heavily then the 28 served Ridge Lane then Bellamy Lane but was altered to serve Wood End so they were left without a bus service so the 69 was rerouted to serve there.

If it does go straight down Lichfield Rd then I can't see the point of it going to Wolverhampton as there are already enough buses that serve that line of route.

One thing I have thought about is either the 69 or 89 possibly serving Bentley Bridge (Past Sainsbury's then onto Wednesfield Way then back down New Cross Avenue to By New Cross Hosp) because lots of people use the bus for Bentley Bridge but apart from the 63 which doesn't give a direct link and is hourly there isn't another service that serves the complex. I do think the idea could boost passenger numbers and i do personally think its a good idea

pb2012

PD0001111/654 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station given service number 73 effective from 24-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

Rob H

Quote from: pb2012 on December 17, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
PD0001111/654 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Heartlands Hospital and Solihull Station given service number 73 effective from 24-Jan-2014. To amend Route.

Is this got to do with the 73 instead of turning left out of Sedgemere Road up Garretts Green Lane turn round at the Island and go back down to Horrell Road and changing to turning right out of Sedgemere Road by any chance :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Eric Shaw

The change to the 73 route described by Rob4367 took place about Dec 1st with very little notice.

Westy

Quote from: notepanel on December 17, 2013, 05:47:35 PM

* The 40 will operate via Clarkes Lane & Portobello Estate. (I'm assuming here it will operate via Clarkes Lane to the Temple, then 529 route into Willenhall & will operate the previous 333 route after Willenhall).
* The 69 will after Coppice Farm basically follow the 89 route into Wolverhampton. It will no longer serve the bus station, operating a loop via Broad St, Lichfield St, Victoria St, Cleveland St, and Market St. I believe this is the route of the original 69 which lasted about 6 weeks prior to being amended after the initial review.

Also of note, from the same date Diamond are apparently withdrawing Evening journeys off the 301.

Re the 40, doesn't that leave the Stringes Lane (I think) area without an evening & Sunday bus now as the only other bus is the 326 which doesn't?

As for the 301, dunno why Diamond bothered with the evening service anyway as most people wait for Nx for the returns!

domino.99

Have we got any news on whats happening to the 82 yet?

Trident 4609

Quote from: domino.99 on December 17, 2013, 08:29:36 PM
Have we got any news on whats happening to the 82 yet?

I would imagine it would only be minor as it only has it down as a route change and no timetable changes so i can't imagine a big route change

domino.99

I hope not the thing is i've been told that if we are getting a route change we will definatley have a large timetable change

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on December 17, 2013, 08:29:13 PM
Quote from: notepanel on December 17, 2013, 05:47:35 PM

Re the 40, doesn't that leave the Stringes Lane (I think) area without an evening & Sunday bus now as the only other bus is the 326 which doesn't?

As for the 301, dunno why Diamond bothered with the evening service anyway as most people wait for Nx for the returns!

Regards the 40, yes it would.

Whilst the connection to the temple may potentially be of some use to some, the stops along Stringes Lane (by Powertrain & St Annes Road) usually always have people boarding from there.  That said, the X31 would quite often pick up at bus stops on Clarkes Lane, however this road can become quite congested at times.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk